• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana-App State Depth Charts

Tradition, class, pride and expectations = App. State. I love the Griz, but I doubt either team will get steamrolled and this should be a great game. This is not some MSU type team we are playing here. They don't quit.

App is more often than not, undersized compared to competition. Last year Illinois State's OL looked like this:

6'6 335
6'4 290
6'4 315
6'5 330
6'7 310

They rushed for less than 100 yards total. Size wasn't the issue, it was the decimated secondary.

asumike83 said:
WaGriz is a very, very tough place to win. App will have their work cut out for them and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Montana comes out on top.

However, leading up to last year's game, I remember hearing that there was no way the App State OL and DL could hold up for a full game against Montana. The Griz had just as much of a size advantage up front in 2012 and App was able to hold their own. The front seven gives up some size but they are very athletic.

I'd be surprised if we did not see another tight game. Anyone expecting to see Montana steamroll App will probably be disappointed.

I was not surprised by the outcome at all. I knew we would control both sides of the line of scrimmage. I was not disappointed at all.

Back