• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana Moves Up to No. 4

havgrizfan said:
Ahhhh, I see the old Bobcat Nation logic has trickled into Egrizzers. "Our FBS team could have beat your FBS team" lmao. I love that game. Where can I purchase my own ALL KNOWING crystal ball that shows me Toldeo beating Wyoming????
yep. bobcatnation. egriz. and every other message board where clueless fans battle other clueless fans... :eek:

havgrizfan said:
Ahhhh, I see the old Bobcat Nation logic has trickled into Egrizzers. "Our FBS team could have beat your FBS team" lmao. I love that game. Where can I purchase my own ALL KNOWING crystal ball that shows me Toldeo beating Wyoming????

If you were refering to my quote above yours I never mentioned anything about one fbs better than the other. Jsut saying i think PSU will have a great season and that they played against a very tough fbs team and saw a lot in them that looked like they have a lot of potential. MT had lots of potential too. Hard to say where anyone would be in a few months from now and for all we know wyo might end up a beast of a team or be a real bummer. No one is trying to claim wyoming is better than any other

RayWill said:
havgrizfan said:

If you were refering to my quote above yours I never mentioned anything about one fbs better than the other. Jsut saying i think PSU will have a great season and that they played against a very tough fbs team and saw a lot in them that looked like they have a lot of potential. MT had lots of potential too. Hard to say where anyone would be in a few months from now and for all we know wyo might end up a beast of a team or be a real bummer. No one is trying to claim wyoming is better than any other

Hav was not referring to you, RW. Another poster said the Toledo/Wyo thing, I think that Toleldo would beat Wyo. by as much as they beat UNH.

GRZFTBL said:
The gap from 1 to 4 is astronomical.
I think a lot of people on here are going to be damn surprised. We may not win in Fargo but we damn sure are going to be competitive.

I was telling everyone down here to put their money on NDSU against the Cyclones. I told them to the year before with K-State and they were at least listening to me this time. Iowa State from all indications last year isn't much of an FBS opponent, far less that the Wildcats last year.

I wasn't sure where the Bison were, but it looks like they just reload. I hope the Griz bring their A game. They will be playing inside.

PlayerRep said:
RayWill said:
havgrizfan said:

Hav was not referring to you, RW. Another poster said the Toledo/Wyo thing, I think that Toleldo would beat Wyo. by as much as they beat UNH.
I said that. Toledo is ranked anywhere from 20-40+ spots higher than Wy in numerous polls. You may check for yourself. With the exception of Brad nobody takes them serious period. :shock:

TxGriz said:
I was telling everyone down here to put their money on NDSU against the Cyclones. I told them to the year before with K-State and they were at least listening to me this time. Iowa State from all indications last year isn't much of an FBS opponent, far less that the Wildcats last year.

I wasn't sure where the Bison were, but it looks like they just reload. I hope the Griz bring their A game. They will be playing inside.

Anyplace to watch games in Amarillo? Luckily this last one was streamed online. I'm working near Pampa/Miami area.

statler & waldorf said:
How does Montana move UP in the polls after Laramie? The pollsters evidently did not watch the game, but based their 'opinion' on the final score.

yep

I'm surprised we moved up a spot, but I also did not think we would fall in the polls after the loss. I think the offense will come around and the defense is tough. Keep in mind, one of Wyoming's scores was a long 50+ yard run, where Hemanson took a horrible angle on the running back. Absent that play, the griz could have easily won the game.

ranco said:
I'm surprised we moved up a spot, but I also did not think we would fall in the polls after the loss. I think the offense will come around and the defense is tough. Keep in mind, one of Wyoming's scores was a long 50+ yard run, where Hemanson took a horrible angle on the running back. Absent that play, the griz could have easily won the game.

My take was that UM stayed at the same spot, but UNH got clobbered by an FBS team and dropped from 4th to 6th. Thus, UM was 4th instead of 5th.

Hermie's angle was bad on that play mainly because no backer (or d-lineman) hit or even altered the path of the runner. Any aggressive safety is going to end up with a less than ideal angle when the runner goes over tackle untouched. I'd rather have a good tackling safety come up hard, on the assumption that the runner is not going to go thru the hole untouched, and hope that the safety can make enough of an adjustment to still bring down or slow the runner (so someone else can get him) in the unlikely event that the runner is untouched coming thru the hole. I place more of the blame on the people in front of Hermie, probably a backer, than on Hermie, but he deserves some too. A good and experienced safety like Hermie just has to find a way to make that play. On the other hand, I know what it feels like to assume your teammates are going to do their part, and then get caught in a bad position when they don't.

Could very well be #1 vs #2 on 9/20 vs the Bison.

#1 NDSU
-has Weber and Incarnate Word and should easily be able to hold on to their #1 ranking
#2 Eastern
-is @ Washington and then @ MSU. EWU is at least questionable to drop
#3 SELU
Plays Southern Utah and FBS Tulane so they are questionable to hold #3
#4 Montana
Plays a DII and SD @ home. Just like NDSU the Griz are probable to win the next 2.

#1 vs #2 would be fun in Fargo.

ordigger said:
TxGriz said:

Anyplace to watch games in Amarillo? Luckily this last one was streamed online. I'm working near Pampa/Miami area.

I would try the usual sports bars, BWW has 2 locations and there are several locally owned establishments - Beef O'Brady's, Texas Firehouse, Hummers. There's a new place that opened in an old location on 6th called the I don't know and it has a menu with the strength of the beer on the menu kind of like the Tap Werks over in OKC and it has an extensive selection. Some of them get DirecTv and have subscribed to Root Sports so it's a location by location thing. Moose Drool is available in the area, or was the last time I was out.

I have a 20x25 foot man cave and two adjacent rooms with an array of HDTV screens of 60" or larger so that is where I habitate on Saturday afternoons. If you are in the area I can introduce you to a redneck neighbor who is a die hard Long Horn Fan, but I've got him supporting the Grizzlies and he likes them. There's a fair amount of beer consumed in this neighborhood on game day.

pussycatkillerz said:
Could very well be #1 vs #2 on 9/20 vs the Bison.

#1 NDSU
-has Weber and Incarnate Word and should easily be able to hold on to their #1 ranking
#2 Eastern
-is @ Washington and then @ MSU. EWU is at least questionable to drop
#3 SELU
Plays Southern Utah and FBS Tulane so they are questionable to hold #3
#4 Montana
Plays a DII and SD @ home. Just like NDSU the Griz are probable to win the next 2.

#1 vs #2 would be fun in Fargo.

Possible, but if the Bison who absolutely hammered ISU in Ames shows up at home the only fun post game will be in Fargo.....

Back