• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana State Bobcats Scouting Report

garizzalies said:
Grizmayor said:
If anyone on this board thinks Dan makes us better... yikes.

So you don't think our red zone O, esp inside the 5, is better with Moore back?

Nope. He runs with his head down too much. You see him running into his O-line quit frequently when he gets the ball :twocents:

CatzWillRise said:
Shut down the Cats run game, force McGhee to make plays could be the recipe for success for the Griz. Then again, McGhee might step up to that task. But I still think it is the lesser of two evils, if you had to choose between the Kirk/Tray pounding running game or McGhee vs the Griz secondary.

Are you Griz D Coordinator Mike Breske? :thumb: Because that is exactly his thinking (stated on the Robin Pflugrad show).

I haven't slept in two weeks, this game is EXCITING :!:

It's going to be cold...possibly snowing...I foresee some turn overs on both sides. I don't see the Cats doing all the scoring that their fans think they'll do. I see a low scoring game.

17-13 Griz win

emilsson_2000 said:
It's going to be cold...possibly snowing...I foresee some turn overs on both sides. I don't see the Cats doing all the scoring that their fans think they'll do. I see a low scoring game.

17-13 Griz win
Hope you don't have to eat a turd!

Grizmayor said:
CatzWillRise said:
Well it could come down to who gets their offensive footing first then. The Cats defense is much better in the 2nd half as well. We just seem to settle in and make adjustments, on both sides of the ball. Could this be from poor gameplanning initially? Hard to tell. Maybe we just don't executive until we get into a rhythm. I believe McGhee is a very rhythmic quarterback. If you keep him out of his rhythm, he is just an above average FCS QB. But when he gets things rolling, he is All-American material. We haven't had to have him be All-American too much this year due to the success of our running game. But he has definitely had his mistakes this year when he tries to do to much.

Shut down the Cats run game, force McGhee to make plays could be the recipe for success for the Griz. Then again, McGhee might step up to that task. But I still think it is the lesser of two evils, if you had to choose between the Kirk/Tray pounding running game or McGhee vs the Griz secondary.
Griz fans hope for a Weber replay. Cat fans just say "pound the siht out them". If anyone on this board thinks Dan makes us better... yikes. The whole gameplan is about the Griz o-line showing some fire in their arses, or the Cats will roll us big time, about like what they did to Weber. I had hope after the Weber game, but when Western Oregon comes in and can shut down our run game 80% of the time, that thought went out the door. The Griz can win... but if the Cats are on their game, I'll be paying off a lot of dinners over the next month. They've been the better team CONSISTANTLY all year... Ashe has them playing football instead of circusball. I hope Pflu keeps the arms in the bullpen warmed up.
All of our starting running backs were injured and Peter and Johnson left the game early. The Western Oregon game is NOT a comparison to how we will play against the cats! It was basically a scrimmage to get a lot of other guys reps and let our starters take a breather!!! We will have a fresh team with all or most of our starters ready to go :twisted: .

I hope Dan doesn't start.. He has been and will be the 4th possibly 5th string RB. Canada and Nguyen are better. Beau and Kirsch both seem better to me even with the little play time the have had. I think it goes Nguyen, Canada, Beau, Kirsch, and Dan.

Another great report Brint!

The Griz will have to play the best they have all year to beat the sCats. Go Griz!

Haha, yeah, keys for a Griz win:

1. Jam up the Oline, keep the offense under wraps and shut down Kirk. (DONE)

2. Put the game in McGhee's hands and hit him a lot. (DONE)

3. Win the turnover battle. (DONE)

4. Keep the cats under 20 points. (DONE)

5. Keep it close at halftime, don't let the cats score like crazy in the 2nd qtr. (DONE)

6. Don't get burned deep, give them some easier yards if need be. (Pretty much done, one big pass play, but quite honestly they didn't really give up much for easy yards either).

7. DOLA (YEP!)

8. Rotate Tully/Hermey (Appeared to happen but both played well, didn't see who got beat on the double move deep ball).

9. DTs plug the middle (DONE)

BWahlberg said:
6. Don't get burned deep, give them some easier yards if need be. (Pretty much done, one big pass play, but quite honestly they didn't really give up much for easy yards either).

7. DOLA (YEP!)

8. Rotate Tully/Hermey (Appeared to happen but both played well, didn't see who got beat on the double move deep ball).

I think that the MSU wide receiver #1 Apkla did a double move on UM safety #9 McCord.

In my opinion, screen plays work best when there is some element of surprise. When you run them as a staple, you had better block them flawlessly and the Griz did not.

Grisly Fan said:
In my opinion, screen plays work best when there is some element of surprise. When you run them as a staple, you had better block them flawlessly and the Griz did not.

This.

The cat D-line and 'backers jumped back on most all screens and were not even fooled on the double or fake screens. They'd seen it a ton on film.

BWahlberg said:
Haha, yeah, keys for a Griz win:

1. Jam up the Oline, keep the offense under wraps and shut down Kirk. (DONE)

2. Put the game in McGhee's hands and hit him a lot. (DONE)

3. Win the turnover battle. (DONE)

4. Keep the cats under 20 points. (DONE)

5. Keep it close at halftime, don't let the cats score like crazy in the 2nd qtr. (DONE)

7. DOLA (YEP!)

We are not worthy...

Proud Griz Man said:
BWahlberg said:

7. DOLA (YEP!)

I think that the MSU wide receiver #1 Apkla did a double move on UM safety #9 McCord.

Yes. And I think the other safety in at the time was Hermanson. Not sure how a receiver gets behind BOTH safeties. :?

Back