• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's second JC recruit is..........

Looks like the griz are taking a pass on this guy:

Anderson is still open.
Arizona's 2007 class of college prospects will go down as possibly the best recruiting class of players in Arizona's history, and there are still very good players in the class still on the recruiting board. Another one of those players is Ironwood Ridge High School's 6-foot-7, 215-pound senior guard/forward Trent Anderson. Still unsigned, Anderson has received his share of college recruitment this spring, but has yet to reach a decision.

Arizona Preps spoke with Anderson about his final decision on a school and he informed us that he has heard from numerous schools on the East Coast as of late.

"I am hearing from Northeastern, Hofstra, Quinnipiac, St. Bonaventure, and some others," replied Anderson when asked about schools. "They are all good schools, but I am still waiting to see if I can find a school closer to home."

Anderson was being recruited early by such schools as Portland, Northern Arizona, Colgate, Montana, Pacific, UC-Irvine and UC-Davis, but each of the schools backed off after receiving commitments from other student-athletes.

"I have been hearing a lot lately from Cal Poly (SLO)," said Anderson. "I really like that school, but I am still waiting for an offer."

After leading his Ironwood Ridge HS team to their first ever region title in the 4A's Sonoran Region last year as a junior, Anderson led the team to the same title again as a senior, during the 2006-2007 season. He also led his group to the school's first ever 4A Division-I State Runner-Up finish, as the team routed then #1 ranked Scottsdale Saguaro HS in the 4A Division-I semi-finals, and then lost to eventual three-time 4A D-I State Champion, Apollo HS.

Anderson is a student-athlete with a tremendous upside, as he currently stands 6-foot-7, is still growing, and is still a mere 17 years of age as a graduating senior. He is a very skilled perimeter player that is capable of playing both the guard and forward positions. He is an exceptional shooter with range on his shot that goes beyond NBA distance. Anderson also has very good court vision and passes the ball extremely well, while also being a capable ball handler in the open floor.

Anderson has a long, rangy body and is currently focusing on improving his physical strength and quickness to improve his rebounding ability, as well as his ability to guard quicker players on the perimeter. Anderson told us that he is currently focusing on lifting weights hard to increase his body weight and stength. He advised us that he has currently put on 15 pounds since the high school season ended and wants to get to 220 pounds by the summer.

Anderson is also an exceptional student and a full academic qualifer. Anderson carries a 4.4 GPA with honors, and achieved a score of 1960 on the SAT college entrance examinatio

Mslacat said:
Huse and Sprinkle took a serious looked at Ceylon Elgin-Taylor.

The Griz and Cats were also both looking at these guy's at one point or another:
Nick Livi - not signed yet
Marc Hobson - Idaho
James Doran - not signed yet
Terrence Johns - Cal St Bakerfield
Dontaye Hinton - not signed yet
Walter Battle (will not be D-1 eligible)
Alex Chapman - Nebraska
Brian Freeman - not signed yet
Brian Morris - not signed yet (will not be D-1 eligible)

When is Huse going to announce any commits?

Grizbacker1 said:
Mslacat said:

The Griz and Cats were also both looking at these guy's at one point or another:
Marc Hobson - Idaho
Alex Chapman - Nebraska

We already have 3 so far I believe, but I would love to see Doran announced here pretty soon. Although NOTHING has been even uttered since the spring signing day.

CatFan22 said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Mslacat said:

Marc Hobson - Idaho
Alex Chapman - Nebraska

We already have 3 so far I believe, but I would love to see Doran announced here pretty soon. Although NOTHING has been even uttered since the spring signing day.

Huse signed
6-7 Bobby Howard - Great Falls
6-10 Jeff Edwards - Butte
6-9 Divaldo Mbunga - Africa (JC)
6-2 James Hennessy - Williston ND (JC)

Walk-ons
6-8 Zach Parks - Anaconda Mt (N. Idaho JC)
6-6 Brock Arthun Shields Valley
maybe another one or two

Mslacat said:
CatFan22 said:
Grizbacker1 said:
Mslacat said:

Marc Hobson - Idaho
Alex Chapman - Nebraska

Huse signed
6-7 Bobby Howard - Great Falls
6-10 Jeff Edwards - Butte
6-9 Divaldo Mbunga - Africa (JC)
6-2 James Hennessy - Williston ND (JC)

Walk-ons
6-8 Zach Parks - Anaconda Mt (N. Idaho JC)
6-6 Brock Arthun Shields Valley
maybe another one or two

Mslacat,.

Did the cats sign Marcus Blackshire?

GB, his coach is saying he did...

Irvine Valley College men’s basketball coach Jerry Hernandez announced that freshman forward Marcus Blackshire has signed with the Montana State University.[/b]

http://www.ivc.edu/athletics/mbasketball/headlines.aspx?story=1494

DuCharme said:
GB, his coach is saying he did...

Irvine Valley College men’s basketball coach Jerry Hernandez announced that freshman forward Marcus Blackshire has signed with the Montana State University.[/b]

http://www.ivc.edu/athletics/mbasketball/headlines.aspx?story=1494

Thanks,

Mslacat slipping in his old age? :shocked: :thumb:

Back