• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU Considering changes to Tailgating

I never post but I have to say I have been a season ticket holder since 96 and I love my freedom. I would have to say if they took that freedom away it would be gta much like a couple of u of m commercials. I absolutely do not want some gta person tell me I can't leave and cook for my brethren some food for some much needed energy to scream for my griz late in the 4th to win the game. But I would have to say serving booze to the general population would be freaking awesome and it would absolutely change my opinion of going out to tailgate.
Go griz beat nocal!

Do as you will, but MSUs problem is THEIR PROBLEM. Theirs and ours, therefore, unrelated. As I have said before, more subtlely, well heeled "fans" are the tailgaters(and commercial outlets) for whatever reason, MOSTLY have VERY LITTLE to do with Griz football, and have ulterior motives(socializing, networking, one-upsmanship on the competition, or just 'keeping up with the Jones's'). Why don't you just have a backyard barbecue on away qames, with appropriate video and avoid the travel expense.

Tod said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Gaad I get tired of the Nanny State mindset. What the hell is next, making fans in the end zone wear helmets in case a field goal or x-pt might hit them in the head.

If they're actually worried about their kids getting black out drunk then put a dozen extra cops strolling through the tailgate area checking IDs. If they did, they could issue 50 MIP tickets without even trying to find any. Or they could issue 500 per game if they actually sought them out.

If they're worried about legal age fans causing trouble in the stadium because they're too drunk, then turn them away at the gates when they attempt to re-enter. Make it known that clearly intoxicated fans will not be allowed in. Those fans are supposed to be out in the parking lot anyway keying Alpha's car.

They can address any issues as is. They don't really need to remove the tailgate option. This is just more silly sh*t to be politically correct. Therefore, it is highly likely it will become policy.
So f*** the nanny state, let's have a police state instead. Gotcha.

Tod, "Gotcha"? No I don't think you got me on this. I wasn't very clear.

I think the entire thing is a bunch of BS concerns carried by a very small minority. Some think it's unseemly to have people having fun with alcohol. Others think they need to force their fans to remain in their seats into the 3rd qt. Personally I don't think there is an actual problem in either case. Further I believe peoples personal choices should be honored regardless if some feel they're the wrong choices.

If their (powers that be) premise is tailgating must stop or be severely limited BECAUSE IT IS A SAFETY CONCERN then they can address that directly. My earlier response was two ways that could be dealt with IF THEY HONESTLY BELIEVED there was a safety risk.
Yet, I don't think there is a need for any steps nor do I want them to take a police state approach. :ugeek:

Wa-Griz is the best atmosphere in the FCS and one of the best in the country, but yeah, UM should do something to "fix" that.

Latest posts

Back