• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA Rules Survey

Nothing new to add. But for those who failed to witness the beauty of Todd Gurley's hurdling skills as mentioned by CV earlier, you need to bask in the glory. We cannot outlaw this kind of perfection.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QviQ7z59Rwk[/youtube]

cclarkblues said:
* Halftime intermission is 20 minutes and is not extended beyond that time

This should be changed to an hour and a half to allow fans to get back into the stadium...

The Behappp ''Cold Smoke'' rule. I like it :thumb:

Actually I would like to see that the rule of a runner being down only after contact, same as in the NFL. Slipping down with no else around and not being able to get up and continue to run/pass really doesn't add to injuries, IMHO.

reinell30 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
reinell30 said:
violin said:
I don't believe block in the back is a safety foul. If it was it would be a 15-yard penalty. It's more like a hold so it's 10 yards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand what the penalty is now. What I am saying is, 2 pt awarded to the opposing team for the blocking in the back foul should be added to stop it.

Except it would not stop it.

Agree it wouldn't. But something has to be done so returns mean something again... I know this rule has been around for ever,(Blocking in the back) something has got to change to stop it from happening. I love a punt or kickoff returned for a TD. The damn block in the back has negated too many.

If they believe something must be done, it will be to remove punting and kicking off from the game.

HelenaHandBasket said:
reinell30 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
reinell30 said:
Yes, I understand what the penalty is now. What I am saying is, 2 pt awarded to the opposing team for the blocking in the back foul should be added to stop it.

Except it would not stop it.

Agree it wouldn't. But something has to be done so returns mean something again... I know this rule has been around for ever,(Blocking in the back) something has got to change to stop it from happening. I love a punt or kickoff returned for a TD. The damn block in the back has negated too many.

If they believe something must be done, it will be to remove punting and kicking off from the game.

Agree with this too. That is what I am afraid of. Lots of things they change aren't always for the best.

Blindside blocks and blocking below the waist. All my colleagues I worked with who ran the veer, triple option or wing-t would beg to differ with me--while they are trying to get some kind of support getting out of their chairs...below the waist has destroyed quality of life for so many of my friends after age 45 it's unbelievable. And the concussions some got from blindside blocks caused dementia, parkinsons, etc...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Blindside blocks and blocking below the waist. All my colleagues I worked with who ran the veer, triple option or wing-t would beg to differ with me--while they are trying to get some kind of support getting out of their chairs...below the waist has destroyed quality of life for so many of my friends after age 45 it's unbelievable. And the concussions some got from blindside blocks caused dementia, parkinsons, etc...

Agreed. The long term cost to the athlete should out weigh the highlight reel hits. Hell, I STILL have a dent in my kneecap from the face mask of a Center from Canby.

PDXGrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Agreed. The long term cost to the athlete should out weigh the highlight reel hits. Hell, I STILL have a dent in my kneecap from the face mask of a Center from Canby.

My youngest son on a football scholarship told me a few weeks ago he is not going to play anymore and if he has kids, he will not let them play football...he was All-State as a junior and senior and I can finally, as both a parent and former coach, relax. When I played spearing and crackback blocks were legal! And taught. We sent kids in motion and had them crack back and try to take their linemen's knee out...adults taught us this...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PDXGrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

My youngest son on a football scholarship told me a few weeks ago he is not going to play anymore and if he has kids, he will not let them play football...he was All-State as a junior and senior and I can finally, as both a parent and former coach, relax. When I played spearing and crackback blocks were legal! And taught. We sent kids in motion and had them crack back and try to take their linemen's knee out...adults taught us this...

Your dad probably taught you the virtues of possessing a good right cross too but it was a different time back then....

CV Griz Fan said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PDXGrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Your dad probably taught you the virtues of possessing a good right cross too but it was a different time back then....

Yep. Now they just shoot each other.

NCAA released the results of the committee today. They will be approved or rejected next month.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-rules-committee-proposes-drastic-overhaul-kickoff-returns-212324732.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back