• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU @ Montana line opens at -15

For all you who think that there will be soooo much money bet on the GRIZ that it will go down to 8 why not middle it. You can bet more on one side BUT if you think it will go to 8 then take NDSU-8 and GRIZ+15 if you TRULY think the spread will come down 6-7 full points.

bgbigdog said:
When will "Vegas" actually post a line on this game?
Shortly after the bobcats don't get embarrassed in the playoffs (Read: never).

It was my understanding that "vegas" does not touch FCS games, or rarely does so, but maybe I'm wrong (not about the bobcats sucking, about the vegas thing).

Bisonation said:
5 dimes & vegas has been beat up bad by NDSU being underdogs vs FBS teams (8 times now) and a lot of us made a ton of money over the last 4-5 years.

I could be mistaken, but I think everybody is talking about the upcoming 2015 game.

garizzalies said:
bgbigdog said:

It was my understanding that "vegas" does not touch FCS games, or rarely does so, but maybe I'm wrong (not about the bobcats sucking, about the vegas thing).

Vegas will touch FCS games (sometimes) if they are nationally televised. They will also have all playoff games. The UM NDSU game might make the cut due to television. It likely won't show up until a week or so before the game though if that happens.

Regular run of the mill FCS games are never up for Vegas betting though.

It is very difficult to get 5Dimes to payoff. Use caution and be prepared to jump through many hoops to get them to pay. They do not grasp the home field advantage the Griz have so its very tempting to bet on their site

garizzalies said:
bgbigdog said:

Of course, about the Bobcats sucking thing.

bgbigdog said:

Vegas will put it up 25 hours before LVH book always has fcs games. Betus bovada and then usually do the 24 hour rule sometimes too.

Bisonation said:
bgbigdog said:

LVH book always has fcs games.

No they don't. Trust me I live here and like I said, outside of the playoffs they will very rarely have an FCS game to bet on usually dependent on it being on some type of national TV.

grizchamp said:
Bisonation said:
bgbigdog said:

LVH book always has fcs games.

No they don't. Trust me I live here and like I said, outside of the playoffs they will very rarely have an FCS game to bet on usually dependent on it being on some type of national TV.

Ummm...

this is from covers.com (sports betting site)

Try to bet both on and against FCS teams when you play them week 1. Remember its those teams super bowls. Teams with high powered offenses don't bet against.
If you are in Vegas stay at the LVH if you want to bet these games a lot of books don't throw up lines on them or won't until Sat morning but LVH always does especially NDSU.

Bisonation said:

Try to bet both on and against FCS teams when you play them week 1. Remember its those teams super bowls. Teams with high powered offenses don't bet against.
If you are in Vegas stay at the LVH if you want to bet these games a lot of books don't throw up lines on them or won't until Sat morning but LVH always does especially NDSU.

Virtually unreadable.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:

Virtually unreadable.

For ndsu fans' sake, thank God it's not inedible.

Bisonation said:

It's on the internet so it must be true

Still NDSU by 15 http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big Money going on NDSU apparently.

line move up a point to -16 !!

I suggest everyone get their money in before it hits -21, 3 td spread is hard to cover.

http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_23

Bisonation said:

I suggest everyone get their money in before it hits -21, 3 td spread is hard to cover.

People are going to make a ton of money on Montana winning this game.

get'em_griz said:
Bisonation said:

People are going to make a ton of money on Montana winning this game.
:thumb:

grizpack said:
Why does anyone expect a different opening line? Why would it change, other than Griz fans going ape-shit and betting up the Griz? There will be no games between now and then. I doubt that the odds makers will be diligently scouting the fall scrimmages??

They are the 3 time defending national champs. They reloaded pretty well. Their system is entrenched, and their personnel are recruited for it. We haven't been a threat on the national scene for the last 3 years. We have a brand new coach (who, while I am very excited about him, has a record that is just OK at his previous school), a new QB and a completely new system. And it is the first game of the year???

We may stay closer than that, but clearly we Griz fans are the only one who think so. And I kind of like being a big underdog.

:clap: :clap:

A little realism, please. The Griz may beat the final line, but it's unrealistic to think they'll win the game. But they will make good strides with their new system, probably earn some national respect, and leave hungry for the next opponent. No shame in losing to NDSU in the opener. It's just a necessary step towards total domination of MSU by the end of the season.

srgrizizen said:
it's unrealistic to think they'll win the game.

Why is it unrealistic to think a team like the Griz who is traditionally VERY hard to beat home might win against a very good team like NDSU?

It's not like NDSU has been perfect the past few years... they're capable of losing too. Last year they lost 21-3 @Northern Iowa and nearly lost to South Dakota State (last minute TD).

I think NDSU will likely win but I wouldn't say it's unrealistic for someone to think the Griz will win at all.

Back