• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU

putter said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:
Putter, just curious how "not being able to run the ball" is the same song as last year??? The Griz were second in the Big Sky in rushing. Canada rushed for 1,100 yards and 16 TDs, while Van rushed for 566 while missing three full games. I wouldn't quantify any of those facts as "can't run the ball". I will agree that so far in 2014, the Grizzlies haven't been able to run the ball, FOR A WHOPPING ONE GAME.

Good info and good point. I was wondering how a fan can conclude--after one game against a Mountain West team which now has a head coach known for excellent defenses and who said his team was going to focus on stopping the run--that UM, with an inexperienced but developing o-line, won't be able to run the ball for the season.

OK, lets see:

App St. (terrible last year) 246 yards rushing
UND 233
OK Panhandle St 262
NAU 55
Portland St 378
UCD 255
Cal Poly 73
EWU 146
Sac St 91
USD 53

Weber 338
MSU 115
Coastal Carolina 169

So last year, when we played a quality team with athletes Montana had trouble running the ball. Go back and look at our huge rushing games, they were against weak teams. The best team we ran against was Eastern. Remember also, this thread is about NDSU...another very strong team with good athletes at every defensive position. Tell me how I was wrong to say Montana struggling to run against quality teams was incorrect?

You were not wrong. But it is very apparent that Player Rep is incapable of admitting what is obvious to most Griz fans.

monte is a character said:
putter said:
OK, lets see:

UND 233
OK Panhandle St 262
NAU 55
Portland St 378
UCD 255
Cal Poly 73
EWU 146
Sac St 91
USD 53

Weber 338
MSU 115
Coastal Carolina 169

So last year, when we played a quality team with athletes Montana had trouble running the ball. Go back and look at our huge rushing games, they were against weak teams. The best team we ran against was Eastern. Remember also, this thread is about NDSU...another very strong team with good athletes at every defensive position. Tell me how I was wrong to say Montana struggling to run against quality teams was incorrect?

You were not wrong. But it is very apparent that Player Rep is incapable of admitting what is obvious to most Griz fans.

But again, being unable (or struggling) to run against quality teams doesn't equate to anything...there's no correlation. We went 3-1 in those 4 games.

In 2013, NDSU averaged 200 ypg passing, but only:
passed for 165 yards against Kansas State. But they rushed for 215. They won.
passed for 109 yards against SDSU. But they rushed for 262. They won.
passed for 99 yards against UNI. But they rushed for 260. They won.
passed for 135 yards against Towson. But they rushed for 210. They won.

Good teams (like the Griz) find a way to win games where the opponent attempts to shut down part of your offense.

WYOBISONMAN said:
I am looking forward to a great game with Montana. It is a lot of fun to have the powerhouse school from the state next door come over for a rumble in the Fargodome. Clearly this is one of the most anticipated regular season home games for NDSU is a while. This one is the only game I am heading back to see in Fargo during the regular season. Hats of to the Montana Grizzlies for coming to town!

By the way. I would suspect this game is going to be a lot closer than many of you think. NDSU has only played one game. No one really knows what the team is like this year. So many changes from last year.

It's a very real possibility that this game will be between the #1 and #2 teams in the FCS... This game is going to be freakin' epic!

putter said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:
Putter, just curious how "not being able to run the ball" is the same song as last year??? The Griz were second in the Big Sky in rushing. Canada rushed for 1,100 yards and 16 TDs, while Van rushed for 566 while missing three full games. I wouldn't quantify any of those facts as "can't run the ball". I will agree that so far in 2014, the Grizzlies haven't been able to run the ball, FOR A WHOPPING ONE GAME.

Good info and good point. I was wondering how a fan can conclude--after one game against a Mountain West team which now has a head coach known for excellent defenses and who said his team was going to focus on stopping the run--that UM, with an inexperienced but developing o-line, won't be able to run the ball for the season.

OK, lets see:

UND 233
OK Panhandle St 262
NAU 55
Portland St 378
UCD 255
Cal Poly 73
EWU 146
Sac St 91
USD 53

Weber 338
MSU 115
Coastal Carolina 169

Actually, you are late to the party and unable to be objective and face facts. Jeez, even Putter later admitted that he didn't state his view very well, and that he agreed with a later post of mine. Feel free to get back into your rock now.

PlayerRep said:
putter said:
PlayerRep said:

OK, lets see:

UND 233
OK Panhandle St 262
NAU 55
Portland St 378
UCD 255
Cal Poly 73
EWU 146
Sac St 91
USD 53

Weber 338
MSU 115
Coastal Carolina 169

Actually, you are late to the party and unable to be objective and face facts. Jeez, even Putter later admitted that he didn't state his view very well, and that he agreed with a later post of mine. Feel free to get back into your rock now.

I would never attend one of your parties. You are a condescending know-it-all prick. Did I state my view well enough?

PlayerRep said:
putter said:
OK, lets see:

UND 233
OK Panhandle St 262
NAU 55
Portland St 378
UCD 255
Cal Poly 73
EWU 146
Sac St 91
USD 53

Weber 338
MSU 115
Coastal Carolina 169

I would never attend one of your parties. You are a condescending know-it-all prick. Did I state my view well enough?

I was talking about the egriz party and discussion. You would never be allowed at any party of mine. I have found that many people who refer to others as condescending have major issues of the own, and sometimes an inferiority complex and often a loser. That just might be you. As I've said before, you are a suspicious poster and likely another current or former poster now without the balls to post under his regular name. I may do a bit of investigation.

I wanted to chime into home of the Griz Fans. I know since 2003 when we came out and beat you, down 21 points in the 3rd qtr, transitioning to FCS D1 that still sits in the back of your mind. Well now you get your chance to start a great rivalry in the northern Plains/Mountain region in power FCS football. I think its great for the region, Griz looked improved last year and should make a good run this year. Having an opportunity to go back to Missoula next Fall will be super. You guys have a great outdoor venue. Our Tailgating is as big as any Big 12 school or Big 10 school so you will get a taste of it in Fargo 3 weeks from now.
I hope the game goes well into the 4th qtr for all the fans.
These Bison players have not been pushed hard since last October 2013 against our Rival UNI Panthers and it took all to win it. I would like to see our Bison get pushed well into the 4th qtr and see how they handle it.
Wentz our new QB could have been starting at any FCS or some FBS schools if he wanted to over the past 3 years. He is a quality young man (4.0 grade point) and no ego, he's better then Brock Jensen. Hard to believe but he is stronger, reads better, throws better, and is so pumped to lead this team, (my nephew played HS football with him) He will have over 300 years passing in some games this year if they let him go and chuck the ball all over the field, oops, forgot we have a 3 headed dragon of running backs who want the ball too. You saw 2 of 3 make big runs against ISU. Either run or pass this team brings it at you. Its very impressive. So impressive I quit watching the NFL on Sundays and now just follow the Herd.
That is what you will face in 3 weeks. We will be watching you guys over the next couple weeks. Oh by the way The Fargo Dome is LOUD, bring earplugs or earmuffs. Bismarck Bison Fan.

first11 said:
Impressive, methodical.....ISU no powerhouse but still FBS. NDSU looks as dominating as past..

We are going to hit a wall in Fargo on Sept. 20th!

Well Griz Fan you are correct.
If you try stop the run, Wentz can throw it down field on you without hesitation. Wide Receivers are good not great, but All American TE gets lots of catches too. None has shut down our run game completely in a lonnnnggggg time. Conditioning coach has these big boys in shape.

Try to then watch for pass, the Herd will go back to the run and pound the ball. They can go either way pending what the opposing defense does. What I saw in Ames last Saturday showed me as much resolve in the younger lineman and the QB Wentz that they will not be compared to last years team but a new team that continues the tradition. Oh by the way, great punter and kicker too.
Also forgot this team wants to break the national record of 4 Championships in a row. The article in the USA Today sports section is right. This team is scary good. Funny thing is most our guys are from the Northern Plains region.
I hope the Griz get two good wins in then it will make for a highly anticipated game on Sept.20th in Fargo. Come enjoy the tailgating. KSU fans said our tailgating fans and crowd were as good as any team in the Big 12! Good time. See ya in 3 weeks. Bismarck Bison Fan!

Back