• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New CB D'Angelo Gunter (BYU Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizfan1984 said:
Paytonlives said:
Griz til I die said:
Montana37 said:
Look at his twitter. Still says he’s a BYU student athlete and nothing about the Griz
Then post it. We can’t find his twitter or Instagram, and if he’s truly staying at BYU, then prove it to us

Here is his twitter...

https://twitter.com/Dlo_Gunter

Was asked if he was still coming to Montana and he said no. He is not on the BYU roster because he is working his way back from leaving school in November to go back to San Diego from being home sick (coaches told him to re enroll in January) he should be back on the BYU roster in fall.

Asked by whom?

Their has been quite a few people that have asked him on social media accounts (no I'm not one of them) but the answer they got was no.

bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
grizfan1984 said:
MTGRZ said:
I get back from a weekend trip away from technology, and this is what I see....my GOD I hope he comes to UM. This addition along with the more recent QBs gives me much more hope for this team. As the official Big Sky Conference weekend starts, and fall camp is mere weeks away, my eternal summer Griz optimism is now in full swing. If this CB is here for sure, I wont be able to hide my hope for this 2018 season, let alone the 2019 season.

The pieces have been put back to place for this season, now we can only hope the team gels and plays to their potential. Count me excited!

Unfortunately he has decided to stay at BYU, nobody believes me when I say he is not coming here so I guess they will see when he is not here in the fall.

This looks like a job for a superhero. Someone climb to the top of the Wilma and turn on the Amie Just signal.

The fact that Amie or GG hasn’t put out something on this other than the roster addition would be concerning. Kids change their minds - shouldn’t be a shock to anyone if it turns out to be the case.

What does the signal look like? Outline of the state of Nebraska, pizza boxes or knit cap & glasses I’d guess.

I'm not privy to that info, Big Dog, I believe that only Kent Haslam, Mayor Engen and God know what the signal looks like. In my mind, it's the sexy silhouette of Velma Dinkley. I guess we'll all find out when the fateful day comes.

Gogriz still has them on the roster....people involved should let them know he isn't coming and they should fix it. Takes one click....delete. Looks stupid

My take, and I don't have any inside info, but Gogriz and the Athletic Department, are usually pretty careful before posting and announcing players. I would have to assume that Gunter had to have gone through the complete transfer process and been admitted to the University. I wonder how this would play with him staying at BYU. It all just seems a little odd.

HelenaHandBasket said:
My take, and I don't have any inside info, but Gogriz and the Athletic Department, are usually pretty careful before posting and announcing players. I would have to assume that Gunter had to have gone through the complete transfer process and been admitted to the University. I wonder how this would play with him staying at BYU. It all just seems a little odd.

Agree. We don't know the kid at all either....he may be just toying with fan-boys who are reaching out to him on social media to see if he's coming to the Griz, which is how all this started. Maybe he's got a solid troll game

Ursus1 said:
Gogriz still has them on the roster....people involved should let them know he isn't coming and they should fix it. Takes one click....delete. Looks stupid

Gogriz roster changes are carefully timed to each and every ice age. Unfortunately, we are currently in what most researchers call an interglacial period.

Ursa Major said:
Ursus1 said:

Gogriz roster changes are carefully timed to each and every ice age. Unfortunately, we are currently in what most researchers call an interglacial period.

It's currently unconfined but IMO the same person who updates Gogriz updates the Basketball Schedule/scores here on eGriz. If not the same person, they must be related.....

VictorG said:
Ursa Major said:
Ursus1 said:

It's currently unconfined but IMO the same person who updates Gogriz updates the Basketball Schedule/scores here on eGriz. If not the same person, they must be related.....

My sources report that is correct, Victor. Gogriz is manned by a father-son team, Ian and Lyle Dawdling.

sloth2-600x450.jpg

File Photo

grizfan1984 said:
Someone I know reached out to him and asked if he was still coming to Montana and he said no. I'm not going to give out names. I can confirm that he was asked to walk on and was going to come here initially (Has 2 good friends that are on the team) then decided against it.

37245574_1015792078597506_409932298868228096_n.jpg

Ursa Major said:
VictorG said:
Ursa Major said:
Ursus1 said:

My sources report that is correct, Victor. Gogriz is manned by a father-son team, Ian and Lyle Dawdling.

sloth2-600x450.jpg

File Photo

:lol:

Bobby - hurry up & find a replacement, please & thanks. I’d like to be done with Jensen threads the rest of the Season.

So for those keeping score. CB position was likely top need (or at least near top) Bobby was hired. Had a guy who had committed under Stitt, Bobby pulled offer. No signings at early date or February date. One more leave team to Hampton which makes position group even thinner. Reports BYU transfer coming, GoGriz shows him on roster, sighs of relief from many......now BYU guy not coming.

So position group is now one less than it was even was as late as when Bobby took over.

Ursus1 said:
So for those keeping score. CB position was likely top need (or at least near top) Bobby was hired. Had a guy who had committed under Stitt, Bobby pulled offer. No signings at early date or February date. One more leave team to Hampton which makes position group even thinner. Reports BYU transfer coming, GoGriz shows him on roster, sighs of relief from many......now BYU guy not coming.

So position group is now one less than it was even was as late as when Bobby took over.

True, but remember: Bobby gets three years to get his guys in place and return the program to dominance, just like the guy who coached before him. :?

Ringneck said:
Ursus1 said:

True, but remember: Bobby gets three years to get his guys in place and return the program to dominance, just like the guy who coached before him. :?

No he does not get three years. He gets maybe this year from the administration and some fans but he was not brought in to rebuild anything just reload. That was his hire signaled. This thing with the BYU corner is beyond strange. I don’t know what to believe guess we will know when camp starts. We definitely have struck out on some targets at corner the last couple of years no two ways about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringneck said:

I laugh every time someone throws this out there. I am not sure how many years he will get, but 3 is what it will most likely take when you want to talk "dominance".

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ringneck said:

I laugh every time someone throws this out there. I am not sure how many years he will get, but 3 is what it will most likely take when you want to talk "dominance".

I agree with you, I'm just pointing out the irony of those who were flabbergasted that Stitt couldn't do it in two years, but think Hauck deserves 3 years. If Hauck's so much better than Stitt, he should only need 1 year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back