• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next up... 11/25 ND State

*****nation, awfully stupid comments trying to defend the undefendable. I stood there and watched it all not saying a word to anyone except a vendor at halftime when I got a drink.

Reality is even when point difference was 26 points, TD had cleared the bench developing young players, the wanna be coach from the outfit in Fargo was running up the score; the drunks in Team Makers section were not satisfied yelling "BURY THE BASTARDS FROM MONTANA".

You think any thought you want you, I will type the truth.

mtgrizrule said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I wondered why DeCuire was experimenting to get some guys in the game (Boehning and DeJong, for example) who haven't played much. I hope he saw something in these guys. I didn't see much.

NDSU plays decent defense, but we just gave them the ball. Many unforced errors.

It was an embarrassing performance. Hopefully these young players will learn from it and grow.

The Big Sky Conference is a 1 team bid for the NCAA tourney. Travis knows damn well the GRIZ need more depth in the paint. He is using the out of conference schedule the best he can to develop post depth. The fact that officiating is terrible, nit picky, and takes away from the game kind of forces the need to build more post depth. For reasons beyond me, both Breunig and Krslovic are getting the short end of officiating in most match ups. I honestly don't see them doing anything different than our opposition. They are in consistent good defensive position and posting up fair and square. Why all the damn whistles on them?

Hate to say it, but officiating in the conference usually consists of whistle happy officials as well. It looks to me the GRIZ aggressiveness is much better suited to NCAA tournament officiating (letting teams actually play) than regular season officiating.

Personally, I am happy to see DeCuire making it a point to develop DeJong and Boehning. I just hope these guys reward him with gradual improvement. If not, we may see a 3rd year of a lot of small ball lineups. That necessarily is not bad, when the GRIZ have the needed guarded depth to do it. Dunn's absence from the line up and the inexperience of Wright and Oguine make for a difficult transition. The good news is, these guards are all very talented. It is a matter of time before they find their comfort level and we see improvement with them.

It looks to me the biggest factor is and will be Gfeller taking his game to an all conference level. The guy is a flat out stud long range bomber. The problem is, he has not found consistency in being an impact scorer. I watch him make scoring easy during scrimmages and an occasional game, it is frustrating he has yet to mature into being a major player yet. His team absolutely needs him to be a reliable 15 ppg scorer.

Here is to hoping this team finds the consistency it needs to live up to expectations.

Good post. I suppose developing DeJong and Boehning now is a good move as opposed to only giving them garbage minutes during conference. I was just surprised to see them in the game so early.

Good observation about Dunn. We miss him far more than I thought we would, and he will add significant depth when he returns.

I can't figure out Gfeller. He's definitely a streak shooter and he doesn't seem to be able to find a rhythm lately. Hopefully he will break out when we need him most.

I don't mind taking our lumps during a tough non-conference schedule. It will pay off big-time when conference rolls around. It doesn't help our seed should we win the BSC tournament, but it will definitely help our guys in the years to come to adjust to the level of play required to advance in the big dance.

Go Griz!

All weather and MT Griz, nice posts.

Idea is to take lumps in non conference, best if we could schedule the Boise States and Wyomings of the world.

A Carroll or Lewis and Clark State at home is fine for one or two games.

Washington and Gonzaga are good for exposure, possible transfers or recruits in Seattle and Spokane can see the Griz.

On paper this local outfit should be a good fit, they let there hatred of Montana impair good judgment for developing their players. Goal for them is to run up score on Montana. They are buffoons and jerks who are a waste of the Griz time.

Griz1952 said:
*****nation, awfully stupid comments trying to defend the undefendable. I stood there and watched it all not saying a word to anyone except a vendor at halftime when I got a drink.

Reality is even when point difference was 26 points, TD had cleared the bench developing young players, the wanna be coach from the outfit in Fargo was running up the score; the drunks in Team Makers section were not satisfied yelling "BURY THE BASTARDS FROM MONTANA".

You think any thought you want you, I will type the truth.

There is NO designated Teammaker section at Scheels Arena. Where you heard "BURY THE BASTARDS FROM MONTANA" certainly wasnt at this game because I was there.

As usual your posting follows the same pattern of your postings in the past. Void of actual facts but high on hyperbole and delusion.

Back