• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next !!!!!!!

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
bigsky33 said:
I expected your defense to hold UC Davis to less points. You gave up one less touchdown to them than the Cats. I wouldn't be so confident against Cal Poly.

This. UM hasn't shown sustainability on offense and the D was a bit exposed yesterday. The griz could very well drop games to CP, Sac, and EWU.

msu has no defense and their offense was exposed yesterday. they could well drop games to Poly, PSU, ISU and UM (a near certainty).

Oh, and BTW msu trolls, what's new with Knight and Marino?

I'm going to go ahead and pull out the PR douche card:

Re: Official MSU Bobcat- Weber State game thread
Unread postby Colter_Nuanez on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Montana State never started in any better position than its own 25 today.

If Daly doesn't miss those two kicks in the first quarter, that's at least a 29-13.

Garcia doesn't get called for a bogus penalty, MSU gets a stop and gets the ball near midfield early.

Prukop and Horn don't miss the presnap calls in the first quarter on those corner chops they were running and MSU doesn't get sacked twice. Instead, they probably score two first-quarter touchdowns and that's a 40-point outing.

The offense piled up 464 yards today, rushed for 304 yards and averaged 5.7 yards per carry without Knight, a guy who's averaging 4.4 yards per carry and has scored 7 touchdowns.

Montana State shot themselves in the foot all evening.

Another thing to consider: Montana State is running the option on almost every play. Prukop has the chance to give, keep or throw on most plays. Watching live, it seemed to me WSU was determined to not give up anything over the top or over the middle deep. When you're running the option, you take what the defense gives you. Today, they were giving up the give to the running back on the read option. MSU took it. Prukop got sacked three times for a loss of 33 and still rushed for 60. Newell rushed for 62 yards on 12 carries. Brekke got 31 yards on 7 carries. Shawn Johnson rushed for 153 yards on 14 carries.

It wasn't 77 points, but it could have easily been 38-42 if not for a few mistakes. 304 yards rushing is good no matter who you play.
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/Bobcat_Beat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EMAIL: [email protected]
Colter_Nuanez
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

You obviously never played the game. Dip shit. :thumb:

Weebs doesn't muff the punt and they go down the field and tie the game up with less than a minute left after they just marched all over the Cats D the previous possession....work both ways dumb ass.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
This. UM hasn't shown sustainability on offense and the D was a bit exposed yesterday. The griz could very well drop games to CP, Sac, and EWU.

msu has no defense and their offense was exposed yesterday. they could well drop games to Poly, PSU, ISU and UM (a near certainty).

If Daly doesn't miss those two kicks in the first quarter, that's at least a 29-13.

Garcia doesn't get called for a bogus penalty, MSU gets a stop and gets the ball near midfield early.

Prukop and Horn don't miss the presnap calls in the first quarter on those corner chops they were running and MSU doesn't get sacked twice. Instead, they probably score two first-quarter touchdowns and that's a 40-point outing.

The offense piled up 464 yards today, rushed for 304 yards and averaged 5.7 yards per carry without Knight, a guy who's averaging 4.4 yards per carry and has scored 7 touchdowns.

Another thing to consider: Montana State is running the option on almost every play. Prukop has the chance to give, keep or throw on most plays. Watching live, it seemed to me WSU was determined to not give up anything over the top or over the middle deep. When you're running the option, you take what the defense gives you. Today, they were giving up the give to the running back on the read option. MSU took it. Prukop got sacked three times for a loss of 33 and still rushed for 60. Newell rushed for 62 yards on 12 carries. Brekke got 31 yards on 7 carries. Shawn Johnson rushed for 153 yards on 14 carries.

It wasn't 77 points, but it could have easily been 38-42 if not for a few mistakes. 304 yards rushing is good no matter who you play.
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/Bobcat_Beat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colter_Nuanez

Weebs doesn't muff the punt and they go down the field and tie the game up with less than a minute left after they just marched all over the Cats D the previous possession....work both ways dumb ass.

One thing i can give credit to MSU is that they change the way their offense is run by the players they are surrounded with. I don't think Prukop would be half as good, if they were running a pro style offense but kuddos to the Cats for adapting to their players strengths!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:

Colter_Nuanez

Glad that is cleared up.

So what you are saying that with 2 minutes left and down by 7, UCD being forced to go for it on 4th and 2 on their own 27, could have marched down the field scoring a TD and and an extra point for a tie or a two point conversion for a win?

Works both ways, doesn't it?

I guess that could have let the clock run out and accept a 7 point loss as a moral victory, after being beaten by 40 the week before.

Robsnotes4u said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:

Colter_Nuanez

Glad that is cleared up.

So what you are saying that with 2 minutes left and down by 7, UCD being forced to go for it on 4th and 2 on their own 27, could have marched down the field scoring a TD and and an extra point for a tie or a two point conversion for a win?

I guess that could have let the clock run out and accept a 7 point loss as a moral victory, after being beaten by 40 the week before.

Try putting together a coherent sentence when asking a question!

Robsnotes4u said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:

Colter_Nuanez

Glad that is cleared up.

Come on everyone participating in this "what if" game, you all are smarter than this!!! You all know the "what if" game is stupid. Every week every opponent is a new game. Big deal, MSU struggled to put away Weber State. The Cats defense finally shows up with a solid effort. That is a good sign.The GRIZ took longer than most would like to beat UCD, a 14 point win with improved offense is a great sign.

UCD is a much better team than their record. Weber State is improving. I swear, this GRIZ vs EWU vs Cats thing is too much to stomach sometimes here.

bigsky33 said:
I expected your defense to hold UC Davis to less points. You gave up one less touchdown to them than the Cats. I wouldn't be so confident against Cal Poly.
I would share your concern if I didn't know that:

* Griz actually gave up 1 less touchdown and 1 less FG than the 'Cats did, not just 1 less touchdown - 9 point difference not 7
* UCD missed a 32 yard FG against the 'Cats
* UCD turned the ball over on downs after driving 70 yards and having 3rd and 1 at your 6 yard line before not being able to convert.
* the last TD UCD scored against the Griz was iffy at best. On the 4th and 7 conversion from the Montana 40 the right tackle clearly moved early - should have been a false start instead of a first down. And then they later score on the bobble-gate play on another 4th down conversion.

So except for a couple breaks, bounces and calls here and there the 'Cats defense could have given up 5 more scores and 23 - 26 more points than the Griz did, or about what we would expect. To put it another way UCD scored on 6 of their 8 scoring chances inside the red zone against MSU, and received points on 4/4 trips inside the UM red zone, but really should have only scored on 3/4 trips (or 3/3, since the false start would have taken them out of the red zone). So when you dig a little deeper or actually pay attention, nothing to be concerned about.

Back