• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"O Line" Wisdom

oldngrizzly

The Los Angeles Chargers held this year's fifth overall draft pick, where they selected Alt.

"Offensive linemen we look at as weapons," Harbaugh said. "That group when we talk about attacking, when we talk about attacking on offense, offensive line is the tip of the spear." Harbaugh developed a physical brand of football during his lengthy tenure at Michigan, and it appears that Alt will be one of the building blocks for the Chargers' new offensive identity.

Every coach worth his jock-strap knows how important the O-line is. And every Griz fan who understands football knows that our lack of solid O-line play during Hauck 2.0 has been a constant. Once again, this ain't about Hauck-hating......... it's just about being a fact that can not be ignored.

Every coach worth his jock-strap knows how important the O-line is. And every Griz fan who understands football knows that our lack of solid O-line play during Hauck 2.0 has been a constant. Once again, this ain't about Hauck-hating......... it's just about being a fact that can not be ignored.
How do you suppose we've been so successful then? Is good o-line play really so unimportant that a team can get to the national championship with a "lack of solid O-line play..."?

How do you suppose we've been so successful then? Is good o-line play really so unimportant that a team can get to the national championship with a "lack of solid O-line play..."?
That was after we also lost our best offensive lineman for practically the whole season, AND were swapping guys in and out of spots due to injury during the regular season.

I'm not saying we have had the best offensive lines in history, but they are at least solid or better. Eli Gilman doesn't become freshman of the year behind a crappy offensive line. Rushing production is a solid key indicator of line play.

UM o-line play has been solid the past couple years. Even without Mayginnes last season.

Don't know. Assume he will have whole o-line.
Genuinely curious, I know you hear more than I do, how did people feel about splitting up the coaching duties that way? I know that some teams are doing that, I don't know if you had thoughts on how that worked out?

That was after we also lost our best offensive lineman for practically the whole season, AND were swapping guys in and out of spots due to injury during the regular season.

I'm not saying we have had the best offensive lines in history, but they are at least solid or better. Eli Gilman doesn't become freshman of the year behind a crappy offensive line. Rushing production is a solid key indicator of line play.
Look, stop spinning the obvious. Our O-line has been a problem since Bobby came back. Most understand that. Some try to spin it. Your post is laughable. Every team has injuries. So, you are saying that we have no depth in the O-line, and that if one player gets injured, we are doomed? Priceless!

Look, stop spinning the obvious. Our O-line has been a problem since Bobby came back. Most understand that. Some try to spin it. Your post is laughable. Every team has injuries. So, you are saying that we have no depth in the O-line, and that if one player gets injured, we are doomed? Priceless!
Losing the best o-lineman will always hurt some. Teams don't go to the national championship game without a good o-lineman. Teams will "solid" o-lines don't go very far in the playoffs.

Losing the best o-lineman will always hurt some. Teams don't go to the national championship game without a good o-lineman. Teams will "solid" o-lines don't go very far in the playoffs.
Look, that’s not the point he’s trying to make. Bobby sucks, that’s it. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a sugar coater that don’t know nothin’ about never being happy with who the head coach is.

Back