• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"O Line" Wisdom

Could you show me other fcs coaches with winning records on away playoff games? The away team is the underdog, aand think the stats are WILDLY in favor for home teams in the FCS playoffs. If you know any current coaches that have really strong records in away games in FCS playoffs, I'm here for it.

But road playoff games, by definition, mean you are not favored to win in the first place.

Which is awesome. Thanks Washington Griz Stadium. Other coaches haven't had the same success there, though, right?

He isn't perfect. He isnt Nick Saban or Bill Walsh. Sure. But come on... his accolades and records are not that of a below average coach, and he has been more successful at Montana than any coaches that were here between his stints. "Below average FCS coach?" Bruh.... I am being reasonable, that is just not true. 128 FCS coaches, and you would take 60 ahead of him?!

Nah, of course not. Just like any other coach would not be as successful at a school with less resources, culture, and name brand.

But that isn't really the fair question, right? The fair question is whether other coaches would have the same success for the Griz? We can all have opinions, you are welcome to yours, but the history of the last 20 plus years is that other coaches haven't had equal success with this program as Bobby Hauck has.
You knocked 3d out of ballpark.

Lol. What a dipshit. You don’t BUY playoff games when you’re a 2 seed. The higher seed hosts.
Name-calling only makes you look like the soccer fan you are. I'm not talking about last season. I'm talking about EVERY playoff season during his two terms as head coach. If can't admit that we have "bought" multiple home playoff games in the past, then you are dishonest. And if Hauch has to actually play an away game, he is 2-9. You have no zero credibility with those of us who understand the game. Soccer is your game. Maybe badminton too.

Could you show me other fcs coaches with winning records on away playoff games? The away team is the underdog, aand think the stats are WILDLY in favor for home teams in the FCS playoffs. If you know any current coaches that have really strong records in away games in FCS playoffs, I'm here for it.

But road playoff games, by definition, mean you are not favored to win in the first place.

Which is awesome. Thanks Washington Griz Stadium. Other coaches haven't had the same success there, though, right?

He isn't perfect. He isnt Nick Saban or Bill Walsh. Sure. But come on... his accolades and records are not that of a below average coach, and he has been more successful at Montana than any coaches that were here between his stints. "Below average FCS coach?" Bruh.... I am being reasonable, that is just not true. 128 FCS coaches, and you would take 60 ahead of him?!

Nah, of course not. Just like any other coach would not be as successful at a school with less resources, culture, and name brand.

But that isn't really the fair question, right? The fair question is whether other coaches would have the same success for the Griz? We can all have opinions, you are welcome to yours, but the history of the last 20 plus years is that other coaches haven't had equal success with this program as Bobby Hauck has.
laughable post. You exposed yourself with this quote "Nah, of course not. Just like any coach would not be successful at a school with less resources, culture, and name brand". So, is Hauck a great coach, or is he just blessed with having huge advantages over other Big Sky schools? Which is it? You can't have it both ways. Yet, he only tied for one Big Sky title in his second tenure, and finished 4th and 5th the two preceding years. Does that say "great coach" to you?

Oh he

Oh, he’ll respond and then I’ll want to go troll hunting again😂. Only thing is I don’t think he’s trolling. I think he honestly, to his very core, hates Bobby.
You live by throwing around the trolling thingy. Is that all you got? Methinks so. Pretty weak. I don't hate Hauck personally. I just don't think he is a very good coach, considering the incredible advantages he enjoys over every other Big Sky program. And the coup de gras for me is that he can never win the chipper (0-4). I'm not down for participation trophies.

Genuine question, and I'm honestly curious on your reasoning. We don't need to bicker about our thoughts on Bobby. I would genuinely like your explanation on how we bought all three playoff games? I don't understand your point. Could you explain that process to me, as you understand it?

We won the big sky conference and knocked off ranked team after ranked team. I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from about those being home games we somehow bought, but I'm willing to listen if you sincerely want to explain that.
We didn't buy them last season, but Hauck has had the luxury of playing many home playoff games in his tenure simply because we bought them. Admit it. Other FCS schools make fun of us because of this. Go to Any Given Saturday and you'll see it.

laughable post. You exposed yourself with this quote "Nah, of course not. Just like any coach would not be successful at a school with less resources, culture, and name brand". So, is Hauck a great coach, or is he just blessed with having huge advantages over other Big Sky schools? Which is it? You can't have it both ways. Yet, he only tied for one Big Sky title in his second tenure, and finished 4th and 5th the two preceding years. Does that say "great coach" to you?
That is not the binary choice you make it out to be. Program resources matter. Nick Saban has a LONG proven track record as an absolutely great, hall of fame football coach. That can't be denied. Would he have had the same success trying to coach the Charlotte 49ers to the FBS championship as he had at Alabama? No, of course not. That isn't a criticism of him as a coach, it is just how college football works. The program matters, and one area Bobby Hauck has proven very successful in is fundraising and marshalling resources for the Griz. QB Club money has broken their records year after year, season ticket sales are seeting records, attendance is setting records. So part of what you are pointing out is a lot more symbiotic than you are giving it credit for.

To answer your question, yes, coming back to a program that was in tatters and having it get better year after year, multiple 10 win seasons, the first Big Sky Championship in forever, and getting back to that national championship all say "great coach" to me. I get your "participation trophy" schtick, but only one team out of 128 gets to win the national championship. That doesn't mean 127 coaches suck.

We didn't buy them last season, but Hauck has had the luxury of playing many home playoff games in his tenure simply because we bought them. Admit it. Other FCS schools make fun of us because of this. Go to Any Given Saturday and you'll see it.

You keep making this claim, and saying "if you don't know we bought those games, you are lying." Yes, I know that other fans make Facebook jokes, but that doesn't equate to reality. Please, explain to me how we "bought" home playoff games? We had to make the playoffs, right? And then every unseeded team would make a blind bid, right? And so every one of those teams "bought" a home playoff game, right?

Do you think Missoula should have intentionally bid low to force ourselves to play on the road? I don't understand your point. We were wrong to successfully place bids for the home game, just like every other team who successfully placed bids for a home game?

We can let this go, obviously we disagree, but I've been very respectful in responding to your points and questions. Please respond to this one of mine --

You constantly say that Bobby Hauck and the other coaches are bad coaches who have been passed by in the modern era, or they were never good in the first place. You have said our offensive line sucks. I recall you saying our defensive scheme is dumb. You have, many times, said that we can't identify good players and recruit them. So what DO you attribute winning a Big Sky Championship and getting to the national championship to?

Hey 3rd...the first rule of getting out of a hole you've dug is to put down the fucking shovel.

You're buried here. Completely. Just STOP DIGGING.

No it isn't. Only for you participation trophy fans. I want Hauck to win one, and he has failed four times.
How many times have other BSC coaches failed? Collectively?

And I would posit that you, in fact, do NOT want Hauck to "win one".

Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games. You won't admit it, but we were lucky to win both the Furman and the NSDU games. Furthermore, if we had played either game away, both would have been losses. Hauck's away playoff record is 2-9. He lives by the HUGE home field advantage he enjoys almost every season. You won't admit it, I get that. But those of us who are honest, understand it.

Our 2024 is so freakin' easy that Bobby will coast to another 3 home playoff games, after which he will live-up to his "big game Bob" moniker and lose big once again when he has to play on a neutral field. It gets old, but obviously it is good enough for you and your buddies. Hauck is a below-average FCS head coach. Nothing more. Let me ask you an honest question....... if Bobby is so good a coach, would he be successful as the head coach at Idaho State, or Northern Colorado, or Portland State?
Here is where you said it. Top line. At first I thought you meant three in the past, but then you referenced Furman and NDSU, so it seems like those are referenced there?

Also, we won those games. You can call it "luck," but coaches recruited and built a team, installed schemes, called plays. The kids went out onto the field and competed. When the game was over, the kids in maroon had more points than the other teams in those games. I don't call that luck. I call it out competing.

Back