• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"O Line" Wisdom

How many times have other BSC coaches failed? Collectively?

And I would posit that you, in fact, do NOT want Hauck to "win one".
Of course I want to win the NC. I attended our 1995 NC win, and enjoyed the hell out of it. I also attended three of Bobby's NC failures. How many freakin' attempts should a head coach be given to succeed? Again, I'm not into participation trophies. Are you?

Here is where you said it. Top line. At first I thought you meant three in the past, but then you referenced Furman and NDSU, so it seems like those are referenced there?

Also, we won those games. You can call it "luck," but coaches recruited and built a team, installed schemes, called plays. The kids went out onto the field and competed. When the game was over, the kids in maroon had more points than the other teams in those games. I don't call that luck. I call it out competing.
You "thought", but you were wrong. I was addressed Hauck's long history of being gifted home playoff games because UM has the finances to out-bid every other team. Jut admit that you and your buddies just LOOK for minutia in my posts to try to discredit me.

Bring back J. D. Quinn... Or Moses Mallory.
UM was an Offensive line manufacturing line. Over the history of UM football, I believe there has been 14 Offensive Linemen actually drafted, and several more that went on to long NFL careers through UDFA. Kirk Scrafford had a great career in the NFL and an UDFA. Thatcher Szalay, another UFDA. Scott Gragg 54th overall pick... UM has had some great Offensive linemen. More recently we have seen guys like Dylan Cook and Moses Mallory go through.

You "thought", but you were wrong. I was addressed Hauck's long history of being gifted home playoff games because UM has the finances to out-bid every other team. Jut admit that you and your buddies just LOOK for minutia in my posts to try to discredit me.
Not at all. I actually hadn't been hammering that. You asked where you had said this. I also already had responded to your point about past playoff games that all the unseeded teams bid on.

I'm not looking for minutia, man, I am literally trying to have a reasonable conversation without personally attacking you, and you ignore my points and shit talk people like HHB and Alabama. People aren't going after you, you are just self selecting a dramatic conversation by focusing on name calling and attacking people, and claiming your own brilliance and honesty, but you ignore actual points made in response. Then complain people aren't nice to you. Truly, I don't understand.

"Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games. You won't admit it, but we were lucky to win both the Furman and the NSDU games. Furthermore, if we had played either game away, both would have been losses."

"ALL THREE" - prior to last year, when was the last time the Griz had three home playoff games in one season? Just that one statement alone clearly delineates what you are speaking about. But beyond that, you then went on to talk about TWO of last year's playoff games specifically. Anyone who can read and understand English would interpret that exactly the same way that everyone here did.

You meant what you wrote but now that you've been called out you're equivocating. That's not honest debate so I don't know why anyone here even continues speaking with you.

Hey 3rd...the first rule of getting out of a hole you've dug is to put down the fucking shovel.

You're buried here. Completely. Just STOP DIGGING.
Hilarious. You and your buddies are being owned and exposed. You can't support the following facts about our hero, Bobby Hauck:

1) He has never won a NC after four failures
2) He was fired at UNLV for failing to improve the program
3) He was one-and-done as an FBS head coach, with no offers after being fired at UNLV
4) He enjoys the biggest recruiting advantages of any team in either FCS or FBS football. Name an FBS team who has as huge a recruiting advantage as Bobby enjoys in FCS football?
5) Despite all of these truths, he has shared only one Big Sky title during his second tenure, and has finished 4th and 5th in 2021 & 2022.
6) He has demonstrated zero ability to evaluate and recruit a high school QB. Even in his home state, he has missed on Brown, and allowed Mellott to become a Bobcat. Every season lately has become a total unknown at the QB position going into the fall, demonstrating his inability to recruit this position. Is this new norm for our QB room?

"Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games. You won't admit it, but we were lucky to win both the Furman and the NSDU games. Furthermore, if we had played either game away, both would have been losses."

"ALL THREE" - prior to last year, when was the last time the Griz had three home playoff games in one season? Just that one statement alone clearly delineates what you are speaking about. But beyond that, you then went on to talk about TWO of last year's playoff games specifically. Anyone who can read and understand English would interpret that exactly the same way that everyone here did.

You meant what you wrote but now that you've been called out you're equivocating. That's not honest debate so I don't know why anyone here even continues speaking with you.
Then don't sweetie. I won't miss your input

You are really bad at this. You might know less about reading comprehension than you do about football and I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

You are really bad at this. You might know less about reading comprehension than you do about football and I wouldn't have thought that was possible.
Ha Ha Ha. Says the teacher who has never made a valid football post in his life. Put me on ignore. I urge you to do so. But you know you won't, because you know I am one of the few objective posters on egriz

I enjoy stimulating the non-objective clueless egriz posters during the dog days of no football. Looks like I have been successful. Now I'll wait for any of the geniuses to make a football-related post which isn't desperately trying to slam my 100% valid observations about Bobby

You boys (and one girl, apparently) have been successful of running-off all of the good football posters. Nice job fellas.

You were answering a specific question about why last year was different and why we got to the national championship game despite a terrible o-line and said it’s because we bought all three playoff games. Like AZ said, it's probably best to just admit you were wrong and stop digging here.

Ok, name one. I'll wait
I am afraid to break it to you, but all you need to do is look down the road to the east. Your blanket statement is just not true. I am not sure what your criteria are, but they definitely seemed flawed. Just knowing how STEM academic programs are a giant draw and the lack of those offerings at UM, puts them at recruiting disadvantage to many schools.

I'm with my homeboy Third on this. I won't be satisfied until BH proves he can win the FBS Championship as an FCS coach. Wait until after the CFP final, call the winner up for a friendly, and prove you can beat them. It's not that hard. Short of that, he's a failure.

I'm with my homeboy Third on this. I won't be satisfied until BH proves he can win the FBS Championship as an FCS coach. Wait until after the CFP final, call the winner up for a friendly, and prove you can beat them. It's not that hard. Short of that, he's a failure.
Seems like one of his main criteria is "having never lost a FCS Championship Game", so the field of candidates seems wide open.

Latest posts

Back