• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official Super Bowl Thread....

AZGrizFan said:
Watching Cam refuse to jump on that fumble was the icing on the cake.

When his teammates watch THAT on tape....should be interesting.

Yep. What the hell was that? He had a clean look at it from what I saw. Instead of pouncing, he flinched like the ball was gonna burn him. Oh well. There was a football game today and I didn't care who won. Better than no football game today I suppose. Go Griz.

snap said:
AZGrizFan said:
Watching Cam refuse to jump on that fumble was the icing on the cake.

When his teammates watch THAT on tape....should be interesting.

Yep. What the hell was that? He had a clean look at it from what I saw. Instead of pouncing, he flinched like the ball was gonna burn him. Oh well. There was a football game today and I didn't care who won. Better than no football game today I suppose. Go Griz.

Frankly, I'm not sure it was.

SeattleBobcat said:
Seems Eli Manning was the saddest guy in the stadium tonight.
Agreed!!

You do realize how perfect it is for a bobcat fan to bring this up, right?

Am I alone on this or did anyone else think this was bizarre:

Cam Newton takes off running with the ball trying to get a first down.
Two Denver players converge on him.
One is wrapping him up and a second hits him to bring him down.
It looked like a common play and very clean tackling.
Denver is penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness.

In effect it was a "Roughing the Runner" penalty with an ordinary tackle.
Anyone else see it that way?

Second player appears to have had inadvertent helmet to helmet contact after initial impact with shoulder pads. Good thing it was against a durable qb like Newton, if it had been Brady both Denver players would have been ejected.

Official Super Bowl? Thread?

I hope this concludes football season....it has to be over now!

Again, Defense wins!

Cam was a big baby with a deer in the headlights look. Glad he lost! His team had tons of good players and a tough coach but they played for themselves and NOT as a team.

Umista said:
Official Super Bowl? Thread?

I hope this concludes football season....it has to be over now!

Again, Defense wins!

Cam was a big baby with a deer in the headlights look. Glad he lost! His team had tons of good players and a tough coach but they played for themselves and NOT as a team.

I like Kuechly, Allen and Davis, and I have to hand it to Norman who is usually fairly douchey for being classy to Manning at the end...the rest of the Panthers meh.

snap said:
NFL football is almost un-watchable these days. What a bunch of over the top bullshit. That halftime atrocity made me embarrassed for my country. Other than that, good game so far.

I don't know about the NFL in general being unwatchable, but everything else in this post is exactly how I feel. "Superbowl" kind of means "over-the-top" though.

As a sidenote, when the hell did Shakira pack on all that weight??

Grizzlies1982 said:
Am I alone on this or did anyone else think this was bizarre:

Cam Newton takes off running with the ball trying to get a first down.
Two Denver players converge on him.
One is wrapping him up and a second hits him to bring him down.
It looked like a common play and very clean tackling.
Denver is penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness.

In effect it was a "Roughing the Runner" penalty with an ordinary tackle.
Anyone else see it that way?

But...the refs were handing it to the Broncos. Just ask Faw Kew.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/cam-newton-critcism

Good read. You might look at this, not just as criticism of Cam Newton, but all players including Griz and Cats. We want these guys to play with emotion and clearly Cam was/does. Why then do we criticize them for being too emotional causing them to react in ways "a player should not react." This isn't golf where constant composure is a required element of the game both in decorum and performance. This is football. You feel it when you play it. Cam Newton feels the highest highs or the lowest lows when he plays. I'm not sure we can fault him for that.

The Panthers didn't lose because of Cam Newton not diving for a fumble. They lost because the OL couldn't block the tremendous pass rush Denver brought and the dropped balls by receivers. Those plays were repeated over and over again throughout the game.

As far as him getting up from the press conference after the game, Trent Dilfer said it best. Less is more. Sometimes not saying anything is better than saying something you'll later regret. I agree. If he'd have blamed his OL and receivers (deservedly so) that would have been a far greater sin.

Happy Allen didn't get a ring. Jackass when Griz played him.
Not much to be happy about living in Poke-N-tella so on Monday night football they gather around the wood stove at the general store waiting to hear Idaho State when Allen is introduced and what does he say...Culinary Institute.

Cam...Hero to zero

The ISU site can give you some insight as to how his ass was kissed and what he got away with during his Pokey time(esp. in a heavily Mormon area). Ironic that he'd pull that Culinary Institute shit on national TV as a thank you. Don't remember which came first, his place in the ISU hall of fame or his funding a weight room. Quid Pro Quo? Seems the Culinary Institute stopped after that. Took him a long time to grow up.

The Broncos were 2-5 in Super Bowls previously (that record sound familiar?). This win just shows that the next time the Griz are in the Chipper, they'll win it!

LongTimeCatFan said:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/cam-newton-critcism

Good read. You might look at this, not just as criticism of Cam Newton, but all players including Griz and Cats. We want these guys to play with emotion and clearly Cam was/does. Why then do we criticize them for being too emotional causing them to react in ways "a player should not react." This isn't golf where constant composure is a required element of the game both in decorum and performance. This is football. You feel it when you play it. Cam Newton feels the highest highs or the lowest lows when he plays. I'm not sure we can fault him for that.

The Panthers didn't lose because of Cam Newton not diving for a fumble. They lost because the OL couldn't block the tremendous pass rush Denver brought and the dropped balls by receivers. Those plays were repeated over and over again throughout the game.

As far as him getting up from the press conference after the game, Trent Dilfer said it best. Less is more. Sometimes not saying anything is better than saying something you'll later regret. I agree. If he'd have blamed his OL and receivers (deservedly so) that would have been a far greater sin.

After Manning got destroyed in his last Superbowl, he entered the post game press conference like a respectful pro. Of course he had to be extremely disappointed but he answered all the questions respectfully and gave credit to the winning team. Cam came off like a thug.

Back