• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon under scrutiny for athletics budget

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
KoolMoeDee said:
Jake Jabs and Norm Asbjornson

1. Don't Google Jake Jabs if you have a high opinion of him at present.
2. Why do Bobcat sports suck so bad if they are so well funded? It doesn't make sense.

1.Are you talking about his daughters addiction problem? If so, then it actually worked out well for MSU, as I am pretty sure her inheritance (50MM I think) went to building a new school of business building here in Bozeman

2. I don't know if I would say Bobcat Sports "Sucks"..We have one of the best runners in the country (both indoor and outdoor), a rodeo team that is nationally ranked, a football team that is (in my mind) considered to be one of the best 10-15 programs in the country, a ski team that went to nationals. Our Basketball teams have fallen on about 10 YEARS of hard times, and volleyball has never been very good.

1. No. I thought I read something else where he might have taken some "lady liberties." Maybe it was another guy by the same name. I think it said he was from Denver, so maybe not the same guy.

2. I'm talking real sports. You have to admit, the Cats aren't very good at the sports that have potential to actually make money. Hence the necessity to have the taxpayers fund over half of the charity.

1. I didn't see that when I just googled it today, but I could be wrong as well. I do know that when they announced the 50MM gift from him at a football game a couple years ago, we all looked around and said "You can thank his daughter for that one"

2. So football (mens B-ball doesn't make money for either school). Yes, the griz have been better than the Cats in that realm. But I wouldn't wouldn't say a top 10 school "Sucks"

I wrote, "potential to actually make money." I'm not really referring to a specific season, just the MSU program as a whole for the past 30 years or so. It hasn't been pretty.

I have to apologize, however. I was under the impression that it was basically stipulated that MSU Athletics was a few steps behind UM, and the rest was just banter. It's come to my attention that there are those who actually believe that MSU Athletics is better than the flagship (a la Texas State Bobcat fans thinking they are close to UTexas because a couple club sports, that UTexas doesn't have, performed in an non-embarrassing way). If this is the case, and I have offended anyone who actually believes this, I apologize.

CDAGRIZ said:
I wrote, "potential to actually make money." I'm not really referring to a specific season, just the MSU program as a whole for the past 30 years or so. It hasn't been pretty.

I have to apologize, however. I was under the impression that it was basically stipulated that MSU Athletics was a few steps behind UM, and the rest was just banter. It's come to my attention that there are those who actually believe that MSU Athletics is better than the flagship (a la Texas State Bobcat fans thinking they are close to UTexas because a couple club sports, that UTexas doesn't have, performed in an non-embarrassing way). If this is the case, and I have offended anyone who actually believes this, I apologize.

Well now I feel bad...I to should apologize. I was under the impression that, other than our fan bases, we all realized that no-one else in the country really gives a shit about either program so this was all just banter. I have no doubts that as a whole the griz sports programs have been better than the Cats sports programs for about the last 30 years (god that was hard to type). I don't know any "sane" bobcat fan that would say any different.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well now I feel bad...I to should apologize. I was under the impression that, other than our fan bases, we all realized that no-one else in the country really gives a shit about either program so this was all just banter. I have no doubts that as a whole the griz sports programs have been better than the Cats sports programs for about the last 30 years (god that was hard to type). I don't know any "sane" bobcat fan that would say any different.

You, sir, are a delight.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You, sir, are a delight.

With you, I can never tell if honest or sarcastic...So I will say Thanks?

Back