• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon vs EWU

marceagfan5 said:
mikegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Who's taking Oregon in this one? Anyone?

Without even considering the VA drama, all I can say is "What was EWU thinking?" I'm not sure how Oegon can play this without being accused of running up the score. Keep the 1s and 2s home? Coaches out there, what do you do in this situation?

The last 4 years eastern has played a pac 12 team, every year the final score was a one possession score, lost by 3, 4, 7 and won by 3.

Don't the Griz play Oregon in a couple years?

Eastern doesn't have the support the Griz do so a $500k pay day is why this game is played...

Lose a couple starters for the season and the school will be wishing they had passed on the $500K. I feel this way about all meaningless games against outlandish competition - yours and ours. This won't be a one possession game unless the Ducks want it to be. Sorry.

mikegriz said:
marceagfan5 said:
mikegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

Without even considering the VA drama, all I can say is "What was EWU thinking?" I'm not sure how Oegon can play this without being accused of running up the score. Keep the 1s and 2s home? Coaches out there, what do you do in this situation?

The last 4 years eastern has played a pac 12 team, every year the final score was a one possession score, lost by 3, 4, 7 and won by 3.

Eastern doesn't have the support the Griz do so a $500k pay day is why this game is played...

Lose a couple starters for the season and the school will be wishing they had passed on the $500K. I feel this way about all meaningless games against outlandish competition - yours and ours. This won't be a one possession game unless the Ducks want it to be. Sorry.

Produce the data that shows a higher probability of season ending injuries when FCS plays FBS teams.

marceagfan5 said:
mikegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

Then the odds are this one is a blowout.... 70-17

mikegriz said:
marceagfan5 said:
mikegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

I hate these games too but the majority of the FCS teams have to play them. I don't think the injury issue is really an issue in these games, it's still 11 on 11.

The players absolutely love these games and although it shouldn't be close, don't sleep on EWU they return a ton of talent on offense.

I'll revise my prediction: 56-17. It would be cool to see EWU give them a game, though. I know the DBs have seen Shoota's stuff. Could be 56-20.

CDAGRIZ said:
I'll revise my prediction: 56-17. It would be cool to see EWU give them a game, though. I know the DBs have seen Shoota's stuff. Could be 56-20.

The griz' "play up" game will be on November 14.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That may be. Who knows at this point? I think the EWU defense will have some fits against the Griz offense, but we're a long way out from that. Let's hope the Eags can get through Oregon without injury, and let's hope Shoota has a good showing at the next level. I think it would be rad to see a BSC QB make a dent in the FBS.

CDAGRIZ said:

At the end of the first quarter.....

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes. Our play up to the number one seed game. Thanks for sucking ewooo!!! :thumb:

GoldenEagle said:
mikegriz said:

Produce the data that shows a higher probability of season ending injuries when FCS plays FBS teams.
He can't; it doesn't exist. Good luck Eagles; represent the BSC well.

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That may be. Who knows at this point? I think the EWU defense will have some fits against the Griz offense, but we're a long way out from that. Let's hope the Eags can get through Oregon without injury, and let's hope Shoota has a good showing at the next level. I think it would be rad to see a BSC QB make a dent in the FBS.

Agree with CDA on everything in these two posts...wow....well except the Score, I think EWU pushes 30-35 points and Oregon is probably north of 60.

kemajic said:
GoldenEagle said:
mikegriz said:

And did I claim to have data or make any statement about probability? Hope it works out for you, but you're going to get rolled.

mikegriz said:
kemajic said:
GoldenEagle said:
mikegriz said:

And did I claim to have data or make any statement about probability? Hope it works out for you, but you're going to get rolled.

I was just curious if your statement regarding potential injuries to the EAGS playing an FBS team was based on any facts. I guess it wasn't and thus was a worthless statement.

[/quote] I was just curious if your statement regarding potential injuries to the EAGS playing an FBS team was based on any facts. I guess it wasn't and thus was a worthless statement.[/quote]

:lol: You come here looking for facts do you? Here's a fact for you; that's a bad idea

Although I would like to see a BSC team give Oregon hell. I'm certain VA will roast his old teammates. Let's bring the Kittens and Ponies into post season..

kemajic said:
NativeGriz said:
42-24 Oregon. The current EWU QB is pretty good and he still has some great receivers. I think EW scores at least 24.
OK. 63-24
Good guess, you were the closest to predicting the score, though I was closer on the spread. It is interesting to read how everyone though Oregon was going to totally throttle ewu.

Back