• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ouch! (Re: Cal Poly)

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
The Cats will actually game plan to stop Brown...

PLANNING to stop him and ACTUALLY stopping him might be two different things. :shock:

not quite my point, but thanks :thumb:

OK, the cats sell out to stop brown. Then they get killed by the dive or the pitch. That is the beauty(if you run it right) and the agony(if you have to defend it) of the option. It allows smaller teams with quickness to negate teams that would normally overpower them. It requires the defense to be where it is supposed to be on every single play. There is little room for error.

Nice work, men. Great thread! We are actually talking about football. I'm looking forward to watching this game. It will be interesting to see how the cat's offense does after a down week and a bye. I wonder if CPU will have a spy on the msu quarterback?

Ursa Major said:
Nice work, men. Great thread! We are actually talking about football. I'm looking forward to watching this game. It will be interesting to see how the cat's offense does after a down week and a bye. I wonder if CPU will have a spy on the msu quarterback?

I doubt it, that just opened up the dive vs Weebs

The difference between Montana's game and MSU's game will be MSU's offense. Go back and look at the number of plays Poly ran on offense....rediculous ...the Griz could have been beaten much worse for as long as their D was on the field. MSU's offense will put up points and Poly will not have that many offensive plays and may have to put up more points and throw, which is not their strong point.

It seems that everyone agrees that the game will hinge in the msu offense. With that said I think msu's defense will get that 1-2 extra stops on defense and the offense will score 42 to defeat cal poly 42-35.

LongTimeCatFan said:
indian-outlaw said:
I thought the griz D could match up well against the triple option, disciplined with fast linebackers. I guess that shows what I know about football. I don't see how the cats can possibly stop these guys but we'll see, that's why they play the game...

Cats don't have to stop them but a few times. The better question is, can Poly stop the Cats.

Simple answer is no....I don't think cal poly can stop the cats. I can see a high scoring game but I think the cats will win it. Too explosive on offense.

Sea Bass said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
indian-outlaw said:
I thought the griz D could match up well against the triple option, disciplined with fast linebackers. I guess that shows what I know about football. I don't see how the cats can possibly stop these guys but we'll see, that's why they play the game...

Cats don't have to stop them but a few times. The better question is, can Poly stop the Cats.

Simple answer is no....I don't think cal poly can stop the cats. I can see a high scoring game but I think the cats will win it. Too explosive on offense.

It'll definitely be a high-scoring shootout, but how many times can a team get in a shootout and win? So far, msu is 1-1 in shootouts. L 52-51 to Eastern Washington and W 59-56 vs Sacramento State.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:

I doubt it, that just opened up the dive vs Weebs
It seems to be a pick your poison decision but weebs did hold the cats to 23 in that game. I think CPU would be happy to keep the cats to 23.

get'em_griz said:
Sea Bass said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
indian-outlaw said:

It'll definitely be a high-scoring shootout, but how many times can a team get in a shootout and win? So far, msu is 1-1 in shootouts. L 52-51 to Eastern Washington and W 59-56 vs Sacramento State.

You don't consider the 77-37 win over UCD a shootout, I think the Cats offense did, just that UCD didn't put up their end of the deal.

bigkid said:
It seems that everyone agrees that the game will hinge in the msu offense. With that said I think msu's defense will get that 1-2 extra stops on defense and the offense will score 42 to defeat cal poly 42-35.

See, here's the thing.... If it's close (it won't be) MSU utilizes the open gate defense in the 4th qtr and will lose.

MSU has to jump out on top in a big way in the first qtr to force the panic button from poly early.

I think MSU can and I think that's what we'll see. But MSU will still give up 20 pts in the 4th qtr. It won't matter since they'll have put up 60 before that.

MSU will beat Cal Poly. MSU offense will score 35 + and likely make it look easy. Poly's defense looked much better against the GRIZ offense than they are. We will see MSU utilize a lot more of the field and spread the wealth out much better than the GRIZ did. Unlike the GRIZ, the Cats call plays offensively that work for 4 quarters, or at worse a higher majority of the time the GRIZ do. Their play calling helps them. Ours holds our offense back.

I was so amazed what a difference in play calling there was from 1 game to the next. Against Davis the GRIZ finally had solid play calling for 4 quarters with a nice mix. That play calling gave GRIZ fans hope for things to be turning for the better. That was short lived as ever. Solid play calling lasted all of a quarter against Poly. Our offensive coordinators have potential to be great, but somehow they prevent themselves from being that. I don't understand their thinking or logic whatsoever. They are their own worse enemy, and the primary reason for the GRIZ falling short this season offensively .

Yep, the Cats have much better play calling that gets more from their talent than the GRIZ do. As for now, It looks to me the Cat fans will have bragging rights from this football season. I hope I am wrong. I just have very little faith in our offensive play calling.

Sea Bass said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
indian-outlaw said:

Weber stopped them.

AZGrizFan said:
Sea Bass said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
indian-outlaw said:

Weber stopped them.

Yep Weber held the Cats to 304 yards rushing
Weber also held Cal Poly to only 289 yards rushing and 30 points.
Weber also held Chris Brown to 90 yards and 3.3 ypc

I guess you could say they stopped them both. Good job Weber

Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sea Bass said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Weber stopped them.

Boom.

IroneagleXP said:
Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sea Bass said:

Weber stopped them.

Boom.

Boom what? Weber has done a pretty good job this year on defense.

Raider said:
garizzalies said:
The cats will give CP a much better game and could certainly win it. I believe this mainly because they will be able to score on offense which will give their D a rest and force CP to do something other than QB keeper. Happens all the time: a good D gets abused because they tire out when the O does not help them. Hell, it happened to Dallas on Monday night.

This is exactly what I believe will happen. In fact, I don't think this game will be close.

MSU wins big.
Looks like raider is a creditable source what will happen this year?

Back