• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pflugrad is...

AZGrizFan said:
Pflugrad is.......vastly underemployed....

Yup. At least, his school has won some games this year. Lost their qb, tho. I think the school went 4 years without a win, except for a forfeit or two.

The_Real_Chief said:
I was never a huge Robin fan, good guy but if I had to go back to when Bobby left, I would have hired Klieman off of Craig Bohl's staff and continued to play NFL style play action/run game with a stout defense. Robin moved us towards the "Oregon" style bubble screens, playing out of the gun, etc you know the drill. Now we have Stitt who is pretty much Mike Leach or Sonny Dykes style. Haven't had the success Bobby had and for that matter not even close to the success NDSU has had playing this way. I know i'll get destroyed by this board for saying this but its my opinion thats how you have sustained success, we've seen this with NDSU. We used to have this when Bobby was here, yes yes i know he never won the big game BUT at least we were in the hunt year in and year out. We played with grit, we had unbelievable swagger, our guys mentally had opponents beat before stepping on the field. We'll see what transpires I sure hope i'm wrong and Stitt gets us back in the title hunt.

I'm curious about what kind of offense did Don Read and Dave Dickenson run?

The_Real_Chief said:
I was never a huge Robin fan, good guy but if I had to go back to when Bobby left, I would have hired Klieman off of Craig Bohl's staff and continued to play NFL style play action/run game with a stout defense. Robin moved us towards the "Oregon" style bubble screens, playing out of the gun, etc you know the drill. Now we have Stitt who is pretty much Mike Leach or Sonny Dykes style. Haven't had the success Bobby had and for that matter not even close to the success NDSU has had playing this way. I know i'll get destroyed by this board for saying this but its my opinion thats how you have sustained success, we've seen this with NDSU. We used to have this when Bobby was here, yes yes i know he never won the big game BUT at least we were in the hunt year in and year out. We played with grit, we had unbelievable swagger, our guys mentally had opponents beat before stepping on the field. We'll see what transpires I sure hope i'm wrong and Stitt gets us back in the title hunt.
Remind me again what kind of offense we ran in 1995?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BillingsMafia said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Haha kudos, beat me to it [emoji106]

casewinter13 said:
BillingsMafia said:
The_Real_Chief said:

What about Craig Bohl/Klieman and Nick Saban?

The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:
BillingsMafia said:
The_Real_Chief said:

What about em? Did I say we can't win with those offenses? I was responding to your comment that we can't win championships with our offense. Simply not true

By the way, Saban went out and hired Kiffin as his O coordinator to implement some spread principles. Alabama's offense is ever evolving

casewinter13 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:
BillingsMafia said:

What about em? Did I say we can't win with those offenses? I was responding to your comment that we can't win championships with our offense. Simply not true

By the way, Saban went out and hired Kiffin as his O coordinator to implement some spread principles. Alabama's offense is ever evolving

Of course, everyone has elements of the spread now a days, but i think the proven formula is 1.)QB 2.) Pass Rush 3.) O line. We will see what happens, only time will tell. Don't get your undies in a bunch, we can agree to disagree.

The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:

Of course, everyone has elements of the spread now a days, but i think the proven formula is 1.)QB 2.) Pass Rush 3.) O line. We will see what happens, only time will tell. Don't get your undies in a bunch, we can agree to disagree.

Lot of football left to be played, but I'd say we look pretty solid in all three this year.

The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:

Of course we can agree to disagree, don't get dramatic, I stated my disagreement and left it at that.

The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:

No way Montana can recruit the athletes that Alabama has. The only way Montana wins a championship is with a few great skill players, a smart innovative coach like Read or maybe Stitts. Watch the Cats with power football Choate, they will not make a deep playoff run even after several years. Gotta feel sorry for those Cat fans, there is no hope and the smart ones know it.

Sam A. Blitz wrote
Didn't he have a short stint at Weber?
Robin was the offensive coordinator at Weber State in 2013.

“Pflugrad, known in coaching circles for his clean-cut approach, was shocked by his dismissal, and defenders pointed to team lectures on drugs, alcohol and behavior and his crackdown on a decades-long player initiation ritual as examples of his button-downed philosophy. When Pflugrad returned to Missoula as an opposing coach for the Montana vs. Weber State game in November 2013, he spoke openly about his love for the team he left behind and what he believed were political machinations that cost him the head job there.” —Wikipedia

BillingsMafia said:
The_Real_Chief said:
casewinter13 said:
The_Real_Chief said:

No way Montana can recruit the athletes that Alabama has. The only way Montana wins a championship is with a few great skill players, a smart innovative coach like Read or maybe Stitts. Watch the Cats with power football Choate, they will not make a deep playoff run even after several years. Gotta feel sorry for those Cat fans, there is no hope and the smart ones know it.

Well of course not, but I do think we can build a line that is on par with NDSU. We have similar type of kids in Montana, big farm boys who are tough and gritty that can out muscle everyone we face at the FCS level. Do we have the athletes to dominate? I'm not sure, again time will tell. Stitt is our coach and I hope I am dead wrong and we have lots of success. The best way to sum up the Cats is, a complete dumpster fire at this point. But what else is new?

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
ordigger said:
Interesting line....

A significant amount of support for Pflugrad followed the dismissal. University President Royce C. Engstrom, who let him go, wrote a recommendation letter that Pflugard could use for job interviews. It said the firing “was not the result of any specific impropriety or improper conduct by him. Because of a difficult situation and some unfortunate circumstances at the University, I made the decision that the program needed to go in an alternate direction.”

Well, I have "made the decision that the university needs to go in an alternate direction" from Engstrom. Who do I send my letter to in order to get this done?

:clap: :clap:

P.S. Am very glad that Hauck is gone. Hauck created the conditions that Pflugrad got blamed for.

GrizRanger said:
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
ordigger said:
Interesting line....

A significant amount of support for Pflugrad followed the dismissal. University President Royce C. Engstrom, who let him go, wrote a recommendation letter that Pflugard could use for job interviews. It said the firing “was not the result of any specific impropriety or improper conduct by him. Because of a difficult situation and some unfortunate circumstances at the University, I made the decision that the program needed to go in an alternate direction.”

Well, I have "made the decision that the university needs to go in an alternate direction" from Engstrom. Who do I send my letter to in order to get this done?

:clap: :clap:

P.S. Am very glad that Hauck is gone. Hauck created the conditions that Pflugrad got blamed for.
What conditions would those be? Winning?

I thought Robin got a raw deal.

I just googled Pflugrad and the first thing that came up were pictures of his daughter, Amanda. Then I saw a thread about Amanda possibly losing her cheerleader scholarship at Oregon because pics surfaced of her partying on a boat.

http://thebiglead.com/2009/08/26/help-save-oregon-cheerleader-amanda-pflugrads-scholarship/

Now I'm going to have to google to see if she actually did end up losing her scholarship.

Latest posts

Back