• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Phins drop Brock Jensen for Northern CO's Lobato

I will say this about Lobato: Despite the fortunes of Bear football, Lobato was recognized as a damn fine QB, and the scouts saw that. Apparently, the UNC coaches saw that, too, early on. This is what is good about most FCS coaches in their recruiting: They do have an eye for talent, some more than others. That UNC's coaches could not form a better team around him is due to a lot of factors, mostly prospects opting for other schools.

It's a mistake to think a player on a winning college team is NFL material. It's also a mistake to think a player on a losing college team is not NFL material.

SaskGriz said:
Herd said:
MTfan4life said:
Living in Fargo, the second Brock Jensen was picked up by the dolphins, every single person here was told. The news was everywhere. It was impossible to not know he was going to be the chosen one for the Dolphins. Funny how now when he's let go just a couple months later, it took me to log on to egriz to find out he was let go in lieu of a guy from Northern Colorado. Priceless. That should finally end all that Pro-ready BS that's been stinking up the city and all of the internet since they won their first NC. Today's going to be a good day! Thanks Egriz!

It's all over the forum and bisonville, so you aren't looking very hard to make that statement. Certainly disappointing for bison fans hoping he would catch on and develop. Not being swept under at all, despite your statements. IMO, this is disappointing, but doesn't for me diminish his legacy at NDSU, one hell of a legacy. In all honesty, the guy getting the snaps this year has the tools to be a pro, significantly more than Jensen. You'll get a look at that in September . . . oh ya, your luckily from Fargo, so you'll get to see it all year!

I often wonder what is meant by the tools to be an NFL QB; height? Russell Wilson and Drew Brees look like extra's from a hobbit movie. Speed? Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are about as mobile as Mt.Sentinel. Cannon for an arm? Fran Tarkenton couldn't have broken a plate glass window with baseball. But they were are/all great. The tool you need to be an NFL QB is be good, whatever the hell that means.
Watch with extra intensity #12 on the Colts. He has it ALL! The son of an NFL q.b. with the brain of a surgeon. Big, athletic and plenty of arm to burn. Andrew Luck is the most gifted q.b. to hit a football field since Elway...He had the entire playbook down pat on his very first NFL practice. Hauled a P.O.S. roster to the playoffs in his rookie year. Compare him to the rest and they ALL have at least one flaw...period. No supers yet, but it is inevitable once the roster is strengthened... :egriz: (and no f..k nuts...I'm not a Colt fan)

1Griz_Fan said:
Big shocker there :lol: ...where are all the delusional Bizon fans and bandwagon blowhards who claimed Jensen was pro-caliber at now. FTB

Guess who's back, back again

Bisonation said:
1Griz_Fan said:
Big shocker there :lol: ...where are all the delusional Bizon fans and bandwagon blowhards who claimed Jensen was pro-caliber at now. FTB

Guess who's back, back again
Fine, but I bet he'll practice behind Lobato.

Back