• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Possible Transfer

Definately not being serious but I think you guys reached a little with some of the names listed. Justin Green lost his starting job to Lex his senior year, JD Quinn was a border line nightmare, Chambers is an after thought, Van was ok but never was a feature back and often injured, and willie walden provided hardly any production. I will give you guys miller, ochs, and Ellis but the point is the majority of these drop downs may or may not even crack the starting line up let alone become an all conference player.

alabamagrizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:
onrasekt said:
I heard a rumor that a player from a school, city, and state that I cannot mention may or may not transfer to a bsc school.

Other than Jamaal Jones have any of these drop down transfers ever accomplished anything at Montana?
Other than Ellis Henderson, Eric Allen,Craig Chambers, Joe Douglass, Brent Russum, JD Quinn, Justin Green, Travon Vaan, willie Walden, Craig Ochs etc. etc. etc.......? I hope you weren't being serious. I could list more
Maybe he's one of the worst "what have you done for me lately" type of people you will ever meet. Or maybe he's only three but that don't explain Ellis. Don't forget Van Ack also. I think he's done alright at LB.

onrasekt said:
Definately not being serious but I think you guys reached a little with some of the names listed. Justin Green lost his starting job to Lex his senior year, JD Quinn was a border line nightmare, Chambers is an after thought, Van was ok but never was a feature back and often injured, and willie walden provided hardly any production. I will give you guys miller, ochs, and Ellis but the point is the majority of these drop downs may or may not even crack the starting line up let alone become an all conference player.

alabamagrizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:
onrasekt said:
I heard a rumor that a player from a school, city, and state that I cannot mention may or may not transfer to a bsc school.

Other than Jamaal Jones have any of these drop down transfers ever accomplished anything at Montana?
Other than Ellis Henderson, Eric Allen,Craig Chambers, Joe Douglass, Brent Russum, JD Quinn, Justin Green, Travon Vaan, willie Walden, Craig Ochs etc. etc. etc.......? I hope you weren't being serious. I could list more
Maybe he's one of the worst "what have you done for me lately" type of people you will ever meet. Or maybe he's only three but that don't explain Ellis. Don't forget Van Ack also. I think he's done alright at LB.

You are kidding, right? Justin Green played in the NFL. JD Quinn was an all-conference lineman. I think Chambers was all-conference too, either first or second team. Van, when healthy, provided the only breakaway threat we had in Delaney's pathetic offensive scheme. I would take any of those kids on my team every season!

Atlanta Griz1 said:
onrasekt said:

alabamagrizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:

You are kidding, right? Justin Green played in the NFL. JD Quinn was an all-conference lineman. I think Chambers was all-conference too, either first or second team. Van, when healthy, provided the only breakaway threat we had in Delaney's pathetic offensive scheme. I would take any of those kids on my team every season!

Again, there's a list on another thread that's at 20 (and growing) dropdowns just in the past 10 years who've ALL made major contributions to the team. Saying "majority may not even crack the starting lineup" is a f-ing joke.

onrasekt said:

alabamagrizzly said:
WaGriz4life said:
onrasekt said:

Is "rasekt" a really powerful drug?

[

Mike Shelton, Qwenton Freeman, and Greg Coleman were all tranfers arrested for home invasion. Jason Washington (selling medical majijuana illegally) Andrew Badger (gas station robbery)and Houston Roots (spouse abuse) were 3 other transfers that got in major legal trouble(though Roots was a decent corner). Nate Montana, Jeff Disney, and Brandon Neal were QB's that saw very limited or no playing time as transfers. Justin Roper was mediocre at best and Chad Chalich and Eric Prater don't appear to have any chance to see playing time. There are 12 off the top off my head that were other legal disasters or were underwhelming at best.

BTW Chambers wasn't ever an all confernece player and JD Quinn would never be allowed on campus today with all of his drama. Van was a major talent but showed small flashes of greatness but never consistently produced because of injuries.

You guys did point out several good or great transfers but there are just as many or more that are complete after thoughts.

Mike Shelton, Qwenton Freeman, and Greg Coleman were all tranfers arrested for home invasion. Jason Washington (selling medical marijuana illegally) Andrew Badger (gas station robbery) and Houston Roots (spouse abuse) were 3 other transfers that got in major legal trouble(though Roots was a decent corner). Nate Montana, Jeff Disney, and Brandon Neal were QB's that saw very limited or no playing time as transfers. Justin Roper was mediocre at best and Chad Chalich and Eric Prater don't appear to have any chance to see playing time. These are 12 off the top off my head that were either legal disasters or were underwhelming at best.

BTW Chambers wasn't ever an all confernece player and JD Quinn would never be allowed on campus today with all of his drama. Van was a major talent that showed small flashes of greatness but never consistently produced because of injuries.

You guys did point out several good or great transfers but there are just as many or more that are complete after thoughts.

The truth of the matter is when a drop down player comes to an FCS school there is a reason they are leaving a bigger school.

Ursus1 said:
I am confused:

This kid is a stud, and plays on the defensive side of the ball.

He's a WR that played HS ball in AZ

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse with my post. Just pointing out that the player named earlier int he thread doesn't match the description of a defensive player that played hs ball in CO.

This good and bad transfer(s) debate is stupid and ridiculous. Just like incoming recruits from High School and JC, some will turn out to be superstars, some will be key contributors, some will be career back ups, some never see the field, and some wash out entirely.

BCS transfers are a big part of FCS programs, rather one likes it or not. I am proud of every GRIZ regardless of how they got to the GRIZ. If players disappoint, so be it. I don't let a player disappointing get to me. I rather emphasize all the positives each player brings. Thankfully the majority of GRIZ turn out to be excellent representatives of GRIZ athletics, football, and the school, on and off the field.

onrasekt said:
[

Mike Shelton, Qwenton Freeman, and Greg Coleman were all tranfers arrested for home invasion. Jason Washington (selling medical majijuana illegally) Andrew Badger (gas station robbery)and Houston Roots (spouse abuse) were 3 other transfers that got in major legal trouble(though Roots was a decent corner). Nate Montana, Jeff Disney, and Brandon Neal were QB's that saw very limited or no playing time as transfers. Justin Roper was mediocre at best and Chad Chalich and Eric Prater don't appear to have any chance to see playing time. There are 12 off the top off my head that were other legal disasters or were underwhelming at best.

BTW Chambers wasn't ever an all confernece player and JD Quinn would never be allowed on campus today with all of his drama. Van was a major talent but showed small flashes of greatness but never consistently produced because of injuries.

Keep going. If you can--but I'm betting your list is already getting thin. Interesting you're already ready to write off Chalich and Prater before a single play has been run since they got here....real positive outlook you've got there.

Washington, Badger and Roots were all in legal trouble AFTER their playing days...not sure how that's even relevant to whether their performance passed your "couldn't break the starting lineup" test...(2 of whom WERE above average starters, BTW).

JD Quinn may not be allowed on campus TODAY, but that changes NOTHING about the fact that he was a BEAST of an O-lineman and brought the DOLA to play every single play when he was here.

Travon Van played in all 14 games last year--didn't miss a single game. He was our 2nd leading rusher, 2nd leading receiver and 2nd leading scorer in 2014. He set season high performances with TD's in one game (3), receptions in one game (twice with 9), receiving yards in one game (161), and longest kickoff return of the season (45 yards). That's more than "small flashes". :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
onrasekt said:
[

Keep going. If you can--but I'm betting your list is already getting thin. Interesting you're already ready to write off Chalich and Prater before a single play has been run since they got here....real positive outlook you've got there.

Washington, Badger and Roots were all in legal trouble AFTER their playing days...not sure how that's even relevant to whether their performance passed your "couldn't break the starting lineup" test...(2 of whom WERE above average starters, BTW).

JD Quinn may not be allowed on campus TODAY, but that changes NOTHING about the fact that he was a BEAST of an O-lineman and brought the DOLA to play every single play when he was here.

Travon Van played in all 14 games last year--didn't miss a single game. He was our 2nd leading rusher, 2nd leading receiver and 2nd leading scorer in 2014. He set season high performances with TD's in one game (3), receptions in one game (twice with 9), receiving yards in one game (161), and longest kickoff return of the season (45 yards). That's more than "small flashes". :roll:

Not dogging on Chalich or Prater but Gus has been so great this spring it hard to imagine he will not be our starter the next 2 season barring injury.

I most definitely have over stated the lack of success of transfers but my concern was the baggage they bring with them for the production on the field. I do admit I forgot Rossum and Horn were transfers both of whom are studs but no way were Washington or Badger considered better than average starters ( I assume u meant Badger) and I admitted Roots was quality but hard to back a woman beater.

I had high in the sky hopes for Van last season but the 2nd leading rusher and receiver on the 6th best offense in the Big Sky is nothing write home about. His 700+ receiving yards were a nice bonus I will admit.

Hate to admit to say you proved your point :)

Salpointe grad DeBoskie will transfer

Arizona’s depth at wide receiver has claimed its first victim.

Salpointe Catholic High School product Kaelin DeBoskie, who redshirted last year as a freshman, will transfer from the Wildcats. The slot receiver was removed from the team’s online roster Tuesday afternoon.

DeBoskie, a Scout.com three-star recruit out of high school, had 55 catches for 964 yards and 15 touchdowns as a senior at Salpointe, and the Lancers won a state championship. He added 141 rushing yards and 385 return yards and had 35 tackles and four interceptions as a defensive back.

He made the transition to Arizona and had a strong start to training camp in August. But a week into camp, DeBoskie suffered a hamstring injury which forced him to miss extended time.

Never in the preseason rotation after that, DeBoskie redshirted and served on the scout team in 2014.

The receiver saw more reps this spring and seemed to be battling for playing time. But DeBoskie faced an uphill battle with Samajie Grant, Nate Phillips, Tyrell Johnson and Jonathan Haden all ahead of him on the depth chart in the slot.

Fellow redshirt receiver Tony Ellison got more spring reps than DeBoskie.

Arizona still has nine scholarship receivers on its roster and will welcome three more this summer.

If DeBoskie transfers to an FBS school, he will have to sit out another season after redshirting. His older brother, Covaughn DeBoskie-Johnson, a running back, began his career at Cal before finishing at NAU. If the younger brother opted for that route, he would not have to sit out another season.

Kaelin DeBoskie originally had offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Houston, Montana, New Mexico State, North Texas, Oklahoma State and West Virginia out of Salpointe.

http://tucson.com/sports/college/wildcats/arizona-football-deboskie-will-transfer-hill-gets-nfl-shot/collection_a105ade2-f8fd-11e4-85bf-bb0d0babd7f8.html

Notice the other programs who originally offered this kid. Even our recruiting is done with our peer institutions. It's just too bad our games are not.

onrasekt said:
AZGrizFan said:
onrasekt said:
[

Not dogging on Chalich or Prater but Gus has been so great this spring it hard to imagine he will not be our starter the next 2 season barring injury.

I most definitely have over stated the lack of success of transfers but my concern was the baggage they bring with them for the production on the field. I do admit I forgot Rossum and Horn were transfers both of whom are studs but no way were Washington or Badger considered better than average starters ( I assume u meant Badger) and I admitted Roots was quality but hard to back a woman beater.

I had high in the sky hopes for Van last season but the 2nd leading rusher and receiver on the 6th best offense in the Big Sky is nothing write home about. His 700+ receiving yards were a nice bonus I will admit.

Hate to admit to say you proved your point :)

Actually I meant Badger and Roots. I was at the Washington start against NAU...that debacle showed me all I needed to see with him at the helm....no THANKS. :shock:

onrasekt said:

Which was more than enough considering you originally asked...

onrasekt said:
...have any of these drop down transfers ever accomplished anything at Montana?

Ursus1 said:
I am confused:

This kid is a stud, and plays on the defensive side of the ball.

He's a WR that played HS ball in AZ

Of course, the first quote is about the possible transfer made by the OP.
The second quote, I believe, was in response to the speculation later in the thread that the transfer may be Kaelin Deboskie, who played WR during his AZ HS days.

I could be wrong...

*edit*... I need to read the entire thread more often. Firmgriz already clarified this. My bad.

If the coach asked you not to divulge the kids name, why even go to the trouble of posting it on here?

Seriously? What's the purpose of doing that?

If I had told someone in confidentiality and they went off and posted a hint of it on a message board, I wouldn't be real happy they did that. Even if they boastfully stated that they were "honoring a promise"....

Back