• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conf - post EWU

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Not high scool but a JC QB (originally went to Arizona State ) is doing very well at a JC and is married to ex lady Griz Hall of Fame VB player's daughter that would be a great fit I think (he has multiple Big Sky offers but I think Montana would have a leg up if wanted him) Rathen Ricedorf is his name.

Not really sure the point of this post.

Griz are missing our of a very good one that they could likely get due to Montana connections (in laws live here) and we need to get everyone that might sign here due to local connection advantage that otherwise will play for other BSC schools. Got to utilize any advantage UM has over other schools (Like being from MT or wanting to be in MT due to family) If he was a Montana high school kid they would be all over him.

Thing is, you can't sign everyone. If he really wants to be a Griz, then he should probably contact the coaches.

Don't assume he hasn't....and watching film of a QB or 2 they have recruited (not Jensen ) he is far better. maybe because he is 6 foot and mobile they don't like him? Guess we will see when we eventually face him at one of 3 so far Big Sky schools offering if was worth it.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Griz are missing our of a very good one that they could likely get due to Montana connections (in laws live here) and we need to get everyone that might sign here due to local connection advantage that otherwise will play for other BSC schools. Got to utilize any advantage UM has over other schools (Like being from MT or wanting to be in MT due to family) If he was a Montana high school kid they would be all over him.

Thing is, you can't sign everyone. If he really wants to be a Griz, then he should probably contact the coaches.

Don't assume he hasn't....and watching film of a QB or 2 they have recruited (not Jensen ) he is far better. maybe because he is 6 foot and mobile they don't like him? Guess we will see when we eventually face him at one of 3 so far Big Sky schools offering if was worth it.

You mean all the walk-on QB's?

As HHB says, you can't offer/sign every kid, even if they have Montana connections (and off topic, but his in-laws live in Montana?? Is he married??). There are any number of reasons why talented kids don't get offers at particular schools even if they are being offered by others. Sometimes it's style of play. Sometimes it's educational performance. Sometimes it's just a gut feeling from coaches. Sometimes it's as simple as "we'd love to have you, but we already have 3 qb offers out".

uofmman1122 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
grizare#1 said:
Totally agree with this post, I'm sure many others do to. Guys this is a very young team that in respect is not playing all that bad. A few untimely penalties, dropped balls and miscues are the difference in at least two of those losses. Not no mention that everyone the Griz play, they will play out of their minds because they want to seek retribution for decades of being Griz fodder.

How long did it take Pflu to get the Griz to the Semi Finals after a whole new offense was installed? Two or three years? The team Stitt took over was probably little less talented though....
I'd argue a lot less talented, considering how good our O-Line, QB, RBs, and defense were that year.

And jeeze, that defense. I think our defense is pretty good this year, but it can't hold a candle to the 2010 or 2011 defenses. You could argue they were among the best we had since 2001.

I also think people forget how boom or bust Pflu's offense was when you were watching it live. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching us steamroll teams in 2011, but even when we were humming along, we still had a lot of quick, short, ineffective drives that year. The biggest difference, though, was that we could run the ball whenever we needed to (except *cough* in the red zone...sound familiar?).

That offense also had a very mobile qb to make things happen when the passing game broke down...this one doesn't.

Let him have a couple years to get his pieces in place...everything will be fine...

EverettGriz said:
As HHB says, you can't offer/sign every kid, even if they have Montana connections (and off topic, but his in-laws live in Montana?? Is he married??). There are any number of reasons why talented kids don't get offers at particular schools even if they are being offered by others. Sometimes it's style of play. Sometimes it's educational performance. Sometimes it's just a gut feeling from coaches. Sometimes it's as simple as "we'd love to have you, but we already have 3 qb offers out".

This kid (and I use that term loosely) graduated HS in 2010. Went on a Mormon mission, then walked on to ASU. Now he's at Mesa CC....so, he's 24/25-ish....not unreasonable he'd be married.

#Ricedorff shredded the record books at Show Low, breaking five Arizona passing records. He threw for 8,517 yards and 112 touchdowns in his career. He tossed a record nine TD passes against Chinle as a junior and set a Class 3A record for passing yards in a game as a senior, throwing for 512 against Winslow. Ricedorff threw for 4,413 yards and 55 TDs against eight interceptions that year, completing 68 percent of his passes in leading the Cougars to the 2010 Class 3A state championship. The Arizona Republic selected him as its Small Schools Player of the Year in 2010.

EverettGriz said:

Yes he is married. She is daughter of an ex Griz VB player who now lives in MT and her dad also went to UM. His wife played VB at ASU where he originally went.

CV Griz Fan said:
How long did it take Pflu to get the Griz to the Semi Finals after a whole new offense was installed? Two or three years? The team Stitt took over was probably little less talented though....
Pflugrad was here but two years; 7-4 first year, 11-3 the second with a 3 pt. semi loss to SHS. One of the losses was to Tennessee. Then time for Engstrom to exhibit his "leadership."

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
Is he better than anyone else UM is recruiting as was suggested?

I don't see a QB offer on the list of either verbals or offers.
Sounds like Deming and Wilson will be given a shot at QB, and if it doesn't work out they'll convert to other positions. I like the strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Sounds like Deming and Wilson will be given a shot at QB, and if it doesn't work out they'll convert to other positions. I like the strategy.

"Given a shot" seems to be a risky way to get a QB. I do think Jensen is possibly what Stitt has in mind, but injuries happen etc., hope we aren't back to hearing....not a good fit for system excuses a couple years down the road

Ursus1 said:
brewskis said:
AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

"Given a shot" seems to be a risky way to get a QB. I do think Jensen is possibly what Stitt has in mind, but injuries happen etc., hope we aren't back to hearing....not a good fit for system excuses a couple years down the road
Well we have Jensen and Bea who are clear-cut QB's....not sure who and if one will rise up to be "the guy" .... but bringing in guys like Deming and Wilson and giving them a shot at QB and then having a backup plan is a good way to keep depth at QB.

HookedonGriz said:
Stitt joined by Peevey and JLM:

Stitt:
- team played with passion and played hard
- feel like we gave ewu a good fight
- play makers like Kupp made some plays
- felt the game was closer than the score. If a couple of our plays are made we are in a battle. Ran a double pass and had a receiver wide open for TD. We hit 3 receivers for TDs that didn't get caught. When you have 25 first downs and 550 yards you ought to have more points.
- we need to execute and not think all about winning or playoffs. It comes down to execution. We need to execute and make plays.
- we moved the ball up and down and we are grading out higher than ever as an offense, but we need to make plays to get in the end zone. Overthrows, drops, missed FG, missed PATs all are dealing with execution

Coach Stitt: Please correct the situation.

Regarding wide receivers dropping very-catchable passes at crucial moments: Did anyone read the article about Cooper Kupp and incomplete passes? Cooper Kupp is talented, but he is a top performer and success because of diligence and effort. Cooper Kupp used adversity as a motivator and put in hours of hard work.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/college_sports/evolution-of-cooper-kupp-from-overlooked-recruit-to-record-breaking/article_64001610-98a9-11e6-bf43-dbf4d31937db.html

“My sophomore year at Davis,” Kupp said, “we played Wenatchee and lost (17-8), and I dropped two touchdown passes. It crushed me. I felt like I had let Davis down, I’d let my teammates and coaches down, and I especially had let coach (Rick) Clark down because I knew he was from up in the Wenatchee area.
“The next day it’s like I have this mental block that I just can’t catch the ball. So my dad and I go down to Franklin Park and he threw the ball to me so many times he probably couldn’t lift his arm for a week and a half afterward. But things got better after that.”

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Griz are missing our of a very good one that they could likely get due to Montana connections (in laws live here and hoped for him to be a Griz ) and we need to get everyone that might sign here due to local connection advantage that otherwise will play for other BSC schools. Got to utilize any advantage UM has over other schools (Like being from MT or wanting to be in MT due to family) If he was a Montana high school kid they would be all over him.

Offers now from Boise and New Mexico.....and yes was higher rated as a JC QB( #6 ) than Hill who Stitt wants. Stitt missed the boat on this kid

Ursus1 said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Griz are missing our of a very good one that they could likely get due to Montana connections (in laws live here and hoped for him to be a Griz ) and we need to get everyone that might sign here due to local connection advantage that otherwise will play for other BSC schools. Got to utilize any advantage UM has over other schools (Like being from MT or wanting to be in MT due to family) If he was a Montana high school kid they would be all over him.

Offers now from Boise and New Mexico.....and yes was higher rated as a JC QB( #6 ) than Hill who Stitt wants. Stitt missed the boat on this kid

Maybe, maybe not.

Latest posts

Back