• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rachac tweets Jordan Johnson is expelled

JBS said:
Growler1 said:
GrizMusician said:
It's time for Engstrom to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bullsh*t! If it was just a regular student he expelled for the same offense, you would not care. Don't be a hypocrite, like 90% of the posters in this thread!
If it was just a "regular student"(sounds like an insult to students who aren't athletes) he wouldn't know about it. Pretty presumptive of you to assume how he would feel about it if he did know. In my experience, folks tend to have the same reaction to identical situations. Assuming they know about them. People believe what they believe. For example, I believe in using TP, not my fingers. You apparently believe otherwise. Since I don't know of any other cases of someone using their fingers, I can't comment on them.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I know you never scratch your ass. Maybe your vagina, but never your ass.

Time for a 24 hour timeout Growler1 - your constant personal attacks provide no content to this discussion.

Hammer said:
GrizMusician said:
Hammer said:
It was the campus court that expelled JJ. Not sure how much involvement Engstrom had in it. Sounds like the regents can ovveride it if they decide to do so.

From what I understand... you are correct, but I think the next step was Engstrom & he upheld the decision.

BTW, off topic... but have you been up to the distillery? Awesome stuff!!! :thumb:

Haven't yet, not much of a hard liquer guy, but I also have heard it is great.

I'm jacked about the new brewery coming to town tho! :thumb:

ANOTHER new brewery!? Dear God, I will be in heaven!

The new distillery is heaven... it's a very classy place, with delicious drinks. The drinks aren't too badly priced either ($4/drink).

indian-outlaw said:
I know it will never happen but we could field wrestling, baseball and hockey and be competitive at the highest levels of collegiate athletics in all three within a few short year
What you're saying is UM life will go on with/without a championship football team. I agree. This does not mean I don't care re: Griz football, but what you've said is very true. I'm sure a championship baseball, wrestling, or hockey team would bring just as much pride to the Griz as football. If it could come to that. I don't think it will come to that, however, but your point is well taken.

Growler1 said:
Grizzoola said:
Cleaning up corruption is not pretty, and Engstrom is cleaning up the corruption in the Griz football program. I can't list all "evidence" of corruption in the program over the last decade, or even before that. But, there are many eGrizzers who have alluded to this, and I believe anyone who has attended UM or has been close to the program has suspected it, if not known it.

The era is over at UM for football players and/or coaches to get preferential treatment for indiscretions and infractions, let alone misdemeanors and felonies. Colleges are cracking down on this stuff. Witness Gregorak's summary firing at UNLV, even before a court found him innocent of the charges against him.

Now, UM football pays the price, but I believe it is a price worth paying. It's been said that there is no such thing as bad PR. Well, that's not true in UM's case. A college football program, whether justifiably or not, has a great impact on a school's image, for better or for worse. In UM's case, it's been for the worse, overshadowing Griz football success in the FCS.

Even though I think Bobby Hauck is a good football coach, if he were still at UM, Engstrom would have fired him. And, I'd still be saying the same thing. It's notable that Hauck is in his 3rd year at UNLV, and there has never been a whiff of scandal, other than the Gregorak episode. I don't think that's accidental; I think Bobby has gotten the message, and I think all football programs around the country have gotten the message, or should, because "it's a different ball game."

Whine, cry, accuse Engstrom all you want, but that's what happens when corruption gets cleaned up, and Engstrom knows that. I don't think he's trying to save his job. Hell, he might be happier going back to teaching chemistry. He's blown the whistle on a corrupt UM football program, and the price has been losing a talented football coach and AD, and perhaps a talented QB and other football players in the process.

Maybe this coming season will be traumatic for the Griz; I doubt it. I believe the Griz will not lose a step next season. They will have a clean coaching staff and clean players, and that's the way it should be, and should have been. Plus, they will still have their fans, eGrizzers among them.

Great post. Except for the parts saying that Hauck was a good coach, and that everything will be fine next football season. I guess my "guarantee" that UM would sign a drop-down QB before the season starts is looking a lot more secure, eh dis-believers? Listen to Brinty and "runs-to-chase-jocks" if you wish, but if you want to get the real insider scoop..........

Oh, notice the conspicuous absence of PR in this thread???

OK, now THAT'S funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GrizBoard said:
Time for a 24 hour timeout Growler1 - your constant personal attacks provide no content to this discussion.
Not sure I wanted this to happen so soon, but I could sure see it coming. He was in fine form today.

AZGrizFan said:
Growler1 said:
Grizzoola said:
Cleaning up corruption is not pretty, and Engstrom is cleaning up the corruption in the Griz football program. I can't list all "evidence" of corruption in the program over the last decade, or even before that. But, there are many eGrizzers who have alluded to this, and I believe anyone who has attended UM or has been close to the program has suspected it, if not known it.

The era is over at UM for football players and/or coaches to get preferential treatment for indiscretions and infractions, let alone misdemeanors and felonies. Colleges are cracking down on this stuff. Witness Gregorak's summary firing at UNLV, even before a court found him innocent of the charges against him.

Now, UM football pays the price, but I believe it is a price worth paying. It's been said that there is no such thing as bad PR. Well, that's not true in UM's case. A college football program, whether justifiably or not, has a great impact on a school's image, for better or for worse. In UM's case, it's been for the worse, overshadowing Griz football success in the FCS.

Even though I think Bobby Hauck is a good football coach, if he were still at UM, Engstrom would have fired him. And, I'd still be saying the same thing. It's notable that Hauck is in his 3rd year at UNLV, and there has never been a whiff of scandal, other than the Gregorak episode. I don't think that's accidental; I think Bobby has gotten the message, and I think all football programs around the country have gotten the message, or should, because "it's a different ball game."

Whine, cry, accuse Engstrom all you want, but that's what happens when corruption gets cleaned up, and Engstrom knows that. I don't think he's trying to save his job. Hell, he might be happier going back to teaching chemistry. He's blown the whistle on a corrupt UM football program, and the price has been losing a talented football coach and AD, and perhaps a talented QB and other football players in the process.

Maybe this coming season will be traumatic for the Griz; I doubt it. I believe the Griz will not lose a step next season. They will have a clean coaching staff and clean players, and that's the way it should be, and should have been. Plus, they will still have their fans, eGrizzers among them.

Great post. Except for the parts saying that Hauck was a good coach, and that everything will be fine next football season. I guess my "guarantee" that UM would sign a drop-down QB before the season starts is looking a lot more secure, eh dis-believers? Listen to Brinty and "runs-to-chase-jocks" if you wish, but if you want to get the real insider scoop..........

OK, now THAT'S funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This

Lady Fan of the Griz said:
Wow, the trashing of women on here is nothing short of appalling. Were any of you there with J Johnson and the alleged victim the night this occurred? You are so concerned about him being judged and yet you judge this woman, call her names and essentially a liar. The only thing I can say with all certainty is that I don't know what happened between them. I absolutely love Griz football and frankly this chapter of the book makes me extremely sad. Winning and being at the top is sure fun but is it worth reputation and respect of others?

The investigation only recently went to the County Attorney's Office. Charging decisions often take more time than people like or understand since TV gives such unrealistic expectations of the system. It remains to be seen whether he will be charged criminally.

This is so much bigger than who will be our quarterback next season.

Great post and thank you for posting it!! It's concerning to me that there has been way more content on here about the issue of false accusations than content on the problem of sexual assault. It's sickening of guys on here posting things about "women just being sluttier these days" and consistently defending the fb player and calling out the accuser as a liar without any knowledge of the facts. I think we all just need to keep our mouths shut on trying to judge these individuals and let the process play out.

JBS said:
GrizBoard said:
Not sure I wanted this to happen so soon, but I could sure see it coming. He was in fine form today.
Its bullsh*t that he gets banned he doesnt dish out anything more than the people that attack him everyday.

Are you just mad because hes right more than most of the idiots on here?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Growler1 said:

Growler gets the real insider scoop. Although it smells a little differently than whan you'd expect and I wouldn't shake his hand for it... and no still no drop down...

sorry couldn't resist

indian-outlaw said:
JBS said:
irish67 said:
It has been a long time coming. This is only a chip of the iceberg. Come July and August UM is in for a rude awakening.
I hate innuendo. The huge majority of folks on this board don't even pretend to know the facts, so we give opinions. This doesn't bother me, even though a lot of the opinions are ridiculous. What does bother me is those of you who come off as being in the know and are privy to all the facts, but don't give the facts. If you know something but aren't going to tell us what it is, why even come on here? Either be a full blown whistle blower and tell all, or keep your mouth shut, in my opinion. If you are an insider who is bound not to reveal anything, then what the hell are you doing here? This is actually directed at 2 posters in this thread, you and Indian-Outlaw.
OK, I’ll respond to this. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that JJ is going to Deer Lodge, I really don’t know. Here is what I do know. Just like everyone I have a source. My source is truly someone who has seen the evidence about JJ first hand and it doesn’t look good for him. It’s disturbing to me how many people believe that this is some sort of conspiracy by women to bring down the football team or the Obama administration to get votes. Get a grip people and stop making excuses, it is what it is.

Over the years Missoula and the state of Montana has gotten football crazy. I have been a griz football fan way longer than the vast majority of the fans on this board going back to the dorn blaser days when football was not highly regarded at UM. I love what the griz program has become in the sense that it is one of the premiere FCS teams in the country. What I find disturbing is the fact that so many people have become obsessed with the team. I know scads of people men and women who’s identity is tied to how well the griz football team is. Most of these people have never worn a jock and didn’t even know the griz had a football team prior to 1995. This board is filled with middle aged people and beyond that are clamoring to know all the details of these college aged kids lives. Frankly, I have known several of the players, on past griz teams that everyone worships, that are just plain ol’ assholes.

I am a UM and griz athletic fan, not just a football fan. This problem needs to be dealt with swiftly and forcefully and if you lose a little meat while butchering that’s OK just make sure all the bloodshot is gone.. This will ultimately be a good thing for the UM and grizzly athletics. Attitudes need to change. When athletes start playing the “I’m a grizzly football player” card to get out of trouble you know you’ve got problems ahead and that had been going on in Missoula for quite some time now.

I know it will never happen but we could field wrestling, baseball and hockey and be competitive at the highest levels of collegiate athletics in all three within a few short year
I have no problems with your, or anyone elses opinions, thoughts, or views. Leaving out the first paragraph of your above post, I agree with some of it, disagree with a lot of it, and am nuetral on the rest. If we all agreed on everything we would all be screwed. My problem is with the posts that come across as inside information but no information is given. I don't see the point in even bringing it up. You and I both know that a lot of folks come on here making things up and telling us they heard it from the horses mouth, so you can't blame me for being skeptical. If someone in the know told me something about the facts, and I was completely convinced they were true, and they told me I can't reveal the information, there is no way I would come on here and even insinuate some kind of inside information. I like to think I would stay as far away from egriz as possible. Opinions are different to me, even the ridiculous ones like the feminist anti-football conspiracy, because we all know they are just opinions, and I have to admit some of them are pure gold for entertainmnet. Anyway, thats the only point I was trying to make in my initial response.

indian-outlaw said:

Not sure why this stuff hasn't happened yet.. they would be terrific UM sports. Baseball would be dicey since the weather in the spring sucks here, but the other two would be very successful.

HighLineGRIZ said:
Great post and thank you for posting it!! It's concerning to me that there has been way more content on here about the issue of false accusations than content on the problem of sexual assault. It's sickening of guys on here posting things about "women just being sluttier these days" and consistently defending the fb player and calling out the accuser as a liar without any knowledge of the facts. I think we all just need to keep our mouths shut on trying to judge these individuals and let the process play out.

I think they listen to Rush Limbaugh tooooo much

MrTitleist said:
indian-outlaw said:

Not sure why this stuff hasn't happened yet.. they would be terrific UM sports. Baseball would be dicey since the weather in the spring sucks here, but the other two would be very successful.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and Title IX

grizindabox said:
MrTitleist said:
indian-outlaw said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and Title IX
At the expense of football!

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
JBS said:
GrizBoard said:
Its bullsh*t that he gets banned he doesnt dish out anything more than the people that attack him everyday.

Are you just mad because hes right more than most of the idiots on here?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I think it's because he doesn't even make an attempt at humor or levity, just plain old insults. He comes off as arrogant and bitter.

Back