• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruits you didn't want

mtgriz said:
To expand on the OP's theme, I am amused at how we so enthusiastically embrace these recruits' abilities based on their highlight tapes.

Definitely. Those highlight reels are their best plays. We don't ever see the plays where they make mistakes unless its a MT kid that people have watched in person.

They are highlight videos of 17 year old kids in the midst of growing and changing, mentally and physically.

Allezchat said:
Definitely. Those highlight reels are their best plays. We don't ever see the plays where they make mistakes unless its a MT kid that people have watched in person.
This may be a good reason why "in-state" recruiting is important -- you know a lot more about "the kid" and the program he comes from.

grizpack said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I remember when Chase Reynolds came outta high school....ohhh that kid cant play..hes from an 8man school....welp

I was in that camp. Happy to admit when I am wrong. Which is good. I am wrong a lot...

Politician or lawyer? I guess lawyer. :coffee:

Mick Holien always mentions that simple fact about us fans making more of these recruits than what turns out. He states something like half these kids wash out and many unknowns slip in and become great players. Mick does not play the "recruit game" shuts his eyes and yawns about this time of year.

We can measure speed and guess at quickness.... but desire is the big thing very few of us experts can judge!

I do not believe there any recruits I didn't want. Albeit, some of the young men do not live up to their hype, but there is never a bad recruit. These young men play a game we all love with hopes of being the next all American with a chance to play in the NFL. Everyone comes to their respective team with a dream, we as fans need to realize, their dreams are not about us. I think this thread is what I don't want. Go Griz!

Latest posts

Back