• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sambrono where abouts?

I also remember the "Oust Hauck, Restore the Griz" signatures that were popular on eGriz back in those days. :shock:

Jabin's 20 yard or so TD catch, in WA-Griz against ASU, in the snow with the defender draped on him was I N C R E D I B L E :!: To beat that super fast and talented CB for that pressure-filled scoring catch near the chalk was epic. I'll never forget that one. :clap:

I agree about Drew Miller, man he threw a pretty ball.

Hammer said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ohhh how I miss those days!

Don't we all. Bash Bobby Hauck all you want about not winning the big one, but nobody can deny the fact his teams were fundamentally sound, didn't turn the ball over, tackled very well, played to a split second past the whistle, played with attitude and a chip on their shoulders and were never outhit by anybody. That's what I miss. Maybe it was boring but I sure loved that boring football!!

Hauck or not, I would be ecstatic and excited to see those things return to GRIZ football.

Hammer said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ohhh how I miss those days!

Don't we all. Bash Bobby Hauck all you want about not winning the big one, but nobody can deny the fact his teams were fundamentally sound, didn't turn the ball over, tackled very well, played to a split second past the whistle, played with attitude and a chip on their shoulders and were never outhit by anybody. That's what I miss. Maybe it was boring but I sure loved that boring football!!

Ya, they tackled everyone but Caeser (sp)........when it counted most.

My favorite story from Jabin's time at UM is that we'd always sit on the top row of the section we were in and there were some older folks who sat in portable chairs. They would always yell "throw it to Jason" or "Good job Nathan"...never Jabin haha

mtgrizrule said:
reinell30 said:
Wonder why Griz receivers can't ever seem to land on a starting NFL roster? Jabin and Marc Mariani both have hands of gold...

Mariani consistently catches everything. Sambrano dropped a few easy ones, then turned around caught the extremely difficult ones.

We always wanted him to get the first pass out of the way a few minutes into the game because
I swear Sambrano would drop the first pass to him even if it were only 5 yards out, the rest of the time was gold.

Back