• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

School of Mines Game film

Griz90 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Biggest concern on the coaching staff for me, by far, is that he brought his LB/Strength Coach from Colorado School of Mines to be our Strength Coach. The fact that they had a position coach also being the strength coach tells you all you need to know about the level they were playing at. I am truly shocked he did this.

I am not surprised at all that he brought his strength coach to UM because with the increased speed and tempo of the game Coach Stitt must be confident his players can keep up and he clearly feels that his strength coach can make that happen. Now, I would have been very surprised if the new strength coach was also asked to double as a position coach at UM, but he is not. At Div II coaches are often forced to perform two or more duties due to limited resources. Here at UM our new strength coach will be able to focus solely on preparing our athletes for the type of game Coach Stitt teaches.

And to even further express how good it was for him to bring the coach along....this man has now coached with Stitt on the field so he knows at an even greater depth of what these kids will need to be able to do physically. How many strength coaches can you name that have actually coached along side the teams current head coach?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
With D1 talent.

Don't bother with him, kemajic has been nothing but negative with anything Stitt related.
Apprehensive, OK. Negative no. I have to laugh at bandwagon jumpers who are already assured that Stitt is the Messiah. I guess anyone that isn't doing backflips over a new coach from DII is "negative." I need to see the results of the first four games before I jump on the bandwagon like you have (with no results).
No matter who was hired, they'd be lucky to come out of the first four games 2-2. Or are you talking less about the record and more about what progress/decision making you see from Stitt and his coaching staff?

My thoughts exactly...Saban would go 3-1 tops!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Don't bother with him, kemajic has been nothing but negative with anything Stitt related.
Apprehensive, OK. Negative no. I have to laugh at bandwagon jumpers who are already assured that Stitt is the Messiah. I guess anyone that isn't doing backflips over a new coach from DII is "negative." I need to see the results of the first four games before I jump on the bandwagon like you have (with no results).
No matter who was hired, they'd be lucky to come out of the first four games 2-2. Or are you talking less about the record and more about what progress/decision making you see from Stitt and his coaching staff?

Meyer goes 4-0, complaining that they're ahead of schedule.

bgbigdog said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Meyer goes 4-0, complaining that they're ahead of schedule.
:lol: :clap: :clap: Well done. Urban Meyer was almost pissed his team went undefeated his first year, after telling them how soft and terrible they were leading up to the year.

Kinda reviving this thread, but I have something interesting to contribute. I'm attending a college in the RMAC and had the privilege to witness in person Stitt and CSM rip my college's team apart. It was a fun game to watch, I made it a point to go since I knew CSM had beat us 77-3 or something like that the year before and I was hoping they would do it again (I dont care about my college's team).

They played the whole game the way they looked on the good drives against Pueblo. They only stalled a few times, but for the most part just ran up and down the field on us all game.

brewskis said:
Kinda reviving this thread, but I have something interesting to contribute. I'm attending a college in the RMAC and had the privilege to witness in person Stitt and CSM rip my college's team apart. It was a fun game to watch, I made it a point to go since I knew CSM had beat us 77-3 or something like that the year before and I was hoping they would do it again (I dont care about my college's team).

They played the whole game the way they looked on the good drives against Pueblo. They only stalled a few times, but for the most part just ran up and down the field on us all game.

77 to 3? Oh the humanity. If he leads us to a victory over the Scats by any double digits I can hear them whine about running up the score.....sportsmanship etc. They do like the commitment thing though. Stitt I believe is committed to giving them a whooping.

Will be interesting to see how he plans to pick some of these (very different schemed) teams apart. I think he's a go getter.

signedbewildered said:
brewskis said:

77 to 3? Oh the humanity. If he leads us to a victory over the Scats by any double digits I can hear them whine about running up the score.....sportsmanship etc. They do like the commitment thing though. Stitt I believe is committed to giving them a whooping.

Will be interesting to see how he plans to pick some of these (very different schemed) teams apart. I think he's a go getter.
Oh yeah, and they are a rival of ours (sort of). I go to the South dakota school of mines so it's a little bit of a point of competition. I'd love to see us start a trend of beating MSU in the same fashion as we did in 2014!

I think he's clearly the smartest candidate we had for the job, and the most motivated. It will be exciting to see how everything unfolds!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Griz90 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Biggest concern on the coaching staff for me, by far, is that he brought his LB/Strength Coach from Colorado School of Mines to be our Strength Coach. The fact that they had a position coach also being the strength coach tells you all you need to know about the level they were playing at. I am truly shocked he did this.

I am not surprised at all that he brought his strength coach to UM because with the increased speed and tempo of the game Coach Stitt must be confident his players can keep up and he clearly feels that his strength coach can make that happen. Now, I would have been very surprised if the new strength coach was also asked to double as a position coach at UM, but he is not. At Div II coaches are often forced to perform two or more duties due to limited resources. Here at UM our new strength coach will be able to focus solely on preparing our athletes for the type of game Coach Stitt teaches.

And to even further express how good it was for him to bring the coach along....this man has now coached with Stitt on the field so he knows at an even greater depth of what these kids will need to be able to do physically. How many strength coaches can you name that have actually coached along side the teams current head coach?

Also, correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding that the strength coach is the only coach that can have contact with the players from the end of the spring semester to the beginning of fall camp. With all the changes taking place Coach Stitt having his guy in that position is a huge plus.

In fact I would not be surprised if the guy wears a Go Pro Camera that has a wireless internet connection so Coach Stitt can tell him what each kid needs to work on in real time.

Back