• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Score Guess UM vs Central Washington

Playing a DII spread offense should be a nice warm up to prepare for the upcoming offenses we will see later in the season. There will be some growing pains, especially on the O line, but hoping for a clean and easier victory compared to the last time CWU was here.

GRIZ - 37

Central Washington - 17

Besides of what I've read about CW, I don't know their team. Sounds like they have a solid running back that competed against John Nguyen in high school, and an all right QB. Those two things plus their no huddle offense they will try and make use of their talented running back. From what I've read he's quick. Montana wins though, 42-14.

CWU coach from Missoulian article sounds like he has confidence and a game plan in place. We should win this game but I have to be honest I am not 100% confident in it.

I will call yet another shocker at WA Griz

CWU 21 Griz 14.

These guys are coming to play and Delany I think is looking past them to the Jackrabbits.

OrgonGriz said:
CWU coach from Missoulian article sounds like he has confidence and a game plan in place. We should win this game but I have to be honest I am not 100% confident in it.

CWU 21 Griz 14.

These guys are coming to play and Delany I think is looking past them to the Jackrabbits.
If Delaney (with an "e") is looking ahead to playing the Jackrabbits, we are in deeper trouble than I can imagine -- it is the Coyotes the Griz will play the 13th.

OrgonGriz said:

CWU 21 Griz 14.

So many things wrong with this post

Not that I wouldn't put a DII loss past our coaching staff (call it a 1-in-25 shot), but it sure as hell won't be by a TD. A missed extra point or four is more realistic.

griz9501 said:
Sounds like they have a solid running back that competed against John Nguyen in high school, and an all right QB. Those two things plus their no huddle offense they will try and make use of their talented running back. From what I've read he's quick.

The solid running back that competed against Nguyen in high school?..all 5' 6" and 180 lbs of him, Jordan Todd? And an all right QB in, perhaps, sophomore Jake Nelson that took the reins in week three of last year?

This amuses me. It sounds like the CWU Head Coach Ian Shoemaker is playing mind games. I'd be more worried about that junior transfer RB #25 Arthur Burns from Washington State (5'11" 211 lbs.) and their other transfer, a sophomore QB from Illinois State in #8 Justin Lane (6'3" 220 lbs.), to tell ya the truth. I wonder why nobody mentions them?

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Well we beat them by 3 w/a last second field goal the last time we played in 08 (a national runner-up year), so I'm thinking it will be within 14 this time since they're still a solid team

Good Guys 35-21

I see no scenario where they score more points against our starters than Wyoming did.

Now, if we're blowing them out (unlikely with our offensive struggles) and our starters are pulled, that's a different story...thus, the only way I see a score like 35-21 is if it's 35-0 or 35-7 at the start of the middle of the 3rd or start of the 4th and they score a couple garbage TD's against our reserves.
Fair Point...and I'd be alright with that

There are 2 ways a D2 beats a FCS team.

1. Control the line of scrimmage, which is what NDSU has been so good at during their streak.
2. Have a prolific passing offense, which is what EWU has been so good at lately.

I believe the CWU spread offense will try to do both of these things, which leads to my guess:

CWU 14, Griz 33

**2 botched PAT's

****Hi Raidah

Hi there box. Happy Friday.

20-10, Griz.

A really young and questionable offensive line and a borderline NAIA caliber quarterback, against a motivated D2 team. Pretty good matchup.

Griz score three times, once defensively, and miss one PAT. 20.
Griz hold CWU to a field goal and give up a sloppy touchdown at some point. 10.

Boys, boys, boys...

We have a stout defense and too many offensive playmakers on this team who will be the difference in this game. Griz 41-17. Yes, we miss an extra point...

Brock Landers said:
OrgonGriz said:

CWU 21 Griz 14.

So many things wrong with this post

Not that I wouldn't put a DII loss past our coaching staff (call it a 1-in-25 shot), but it sure as hell won't be by a TD. A missed extra point or four is more realistic.

So ya'll think a D-II team scores more points on our defense than a MWC squad? :shock:

35-17 Griz. Even with SSH starting I see the running game taking over and scoring at least 3 TDs. The other two come from play action TDs. I think SSH has a good game. Efficient with no turnovers. The defense plays much more consistent too and holds CW to under 300 total offense.

SSH just has to be a "game manager," get the ball to his playmakers and not turn it over.

But I still say 27-13 Griz (one missed PAT).

Back