• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Scrimmage #2 thoughts

brewskis said:
https://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2015/12/06/hard-to-imagine-ndsu-illinois-state-or-northern-iowa-not-being-national-champ/
Somehow you find new lows. This interview is readily available on YouTube. Why didn't you just post that? [/quote]
Nothing "low" about it. Like many others, I think Stitt got ahead of himself by making claims such as "we don't lose in our own house" just before Cal Poly. Kemajic caught the "my defense can beat any offense" remark. Stitt says weird stuff, like before and after the NDSU game. In reading some of his pre-game remarks and comparing them with what then actually happened, it's like two different men, using the same voice.

Other than those with nose stains, people notice. That's an example of a well-traveled commentator with no axe to grind noticing it. This is "around the edges" kind of stuff, a PR gripe, and has nothing to do with what happens on the field, but it is amazing how much anger it generates just to point it out, especially among the yellow journalist types.

What seems significant about the Scrimmage is that lack of that characteristic bluster. Maybe he was just tired, but he sounded like a worried coach.

grizindabox said:
I have been working really hard......to keep clear of 75 and the pile of shit that ensues........but it seems that 75 has laid out his defense.....you are not a troll......if you don't realize you are a troll.....you knocked that one outta the park 75........
That completes the appearances of The Five that inevitably gang up to hijack and derail egriz threads.

UMGriz75 said:
grizindabox said:
I have been working really hard......to keep clear of 75 and the pile of shit that ensues........but it seems that 75 has laid out his defense.....you are not a troll......if you don't realize you are a troll.....you knocked that one outta the park 75........
That completes the appearances of The Five that inevitably gang up to hijack and derail egriz threads.

I derailed nada......you piled this one up off the tracks.....way earlier........now off to do something.......more productive.....

UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
https://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2015/12/06/hard-to-imagine-ndsu-illinois-state-or-northern-iowa-not-being-national-champ/
Somehow you find new lows. This interview is readily available on YouTube. Why didn't you just post that?
Nothing "low" about it. Like many others, I think Stitt got ahead of himself by making claims such as "we don't lose in our own house" just before Cal Poly. Kemajic caught the "my defense can beat any offense" remark. Stitt says weird stuff, like before and after the NDSU game. In reading some of his pre-game remarks and comparing them with what then actually happened, it's like two different men, using the same voice.

Other than those with nose stains, people notice. That's an example of a well-traveled commentator with no axe to grind noticing it. This is "around the edges" kind of stuff, a PR gripe, and has nothing to do with what happens on the field, but it is amazing how much anger it generates just to point it out, especially among the yellow journalist types.

What seems significant about the Scrimmage is that lack of that characteristic bluster. Maybe he was just tired, but he sounded like a worried coach.[/quote]
So I ask again, why didn't you just post the original interview that the article was derived from?

EverettGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
EverettGriz said:
I find it ironic that you, of all people, 75, are critical of a little self-confidence and promotion.

Just sayin.
Of course you are. On cue. As predictable as the sun, the moon, the stars ... and the Cats.

Don't forget 30,000 words from you about how great you are.
I've met guys like 75. They find out that the only way that they can break even is to draw out their affairs, turning any conflict into a test of endurance until their opposition simply cant stand to correspond with them anymore, and is willing to sacrifice a little in order for it to end. Set a trap for an unsuspecting and unaware party, muddy the waters, and play the waiting game. It's a sad cycle.

brewskis said:
I've met guys like 75. They find out that the only way that they can break even is to draw out their affairs, turning any conflict into a test of endurance until their opposition simply cant stand to correspond with them anymore, and is willing to sacrifice a little in order for it to end. Set a trap for an unsuspecting and unaware party, muddy the waters, and play the waiting game. It's a sad cycle.
You've met so many, you might consider you are part of the problem. Thanks for contributing to the hijacking. It is indeed a sad cycle that you felt the need to be part of.

UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
You've met so many, you might consider you are part of the problem. Thanks for contributing to the hijacking. It is indeed a sad cycle that you felt the need to be part of.
I didn't say I've met many. :thumb:

brewskis said:
So I ask again, why didn't you just post the original interview that the article was derived from?
This must be hard for you. Because it expressed a neutral, third party opinion about the image that Stitt sometimes or often leaves with others because of how he expresses things, and summarizes an attitude that Stitt sometimes adopts that is at odds with reality. The youtube interview did not contain the context, the juxtaposition of relevant quotes and observations, including those of the NDSU coach, and also comparing and contrasting Stitt's pregame comments. You know, real reporting, an actual analysis, not the flack jobs put out by the local yellow journalist. But, that's precisely what you wanted censored, isn't that your real beef?

UMGriz75 said:
Notwithstanding Kemajic's recollection of the remark, it certainly sounded like Stitt, and I do remember him saying it as well. It is something he would say. He's getting something of a reputation, no doubt.
Montana coach Bob Stitt is a little different cat. He’s an extremely confident guy, that was obvious back in August when the Griz beat the Bison in Missoula, but his postgame press conference Saturday evening reeked of an absolute stubbornness to acknowledge NDSU’s obvious defensive improvement throughout the year or the Bison’s game-planning that utterly befuddled Griz QB Brady Gustafson and the Montana offense. I understand that you don’t want to kiss your opponents’ rear ends and pump them up too much, but Stitt almost seemed delusional. He kept referring to the game “snowballing” on the Griz and when I straightforward asked whether he thought the Bison defense had improved since August (which it markedly has) Stitt said, “Well, it’s the same guys.” He had also said in some remarks earlier in the week that the Bison were “the same, exact team” but that HIS team had improved markedly. If a coach watched film of the Griz’s victory over Montana on Aug. 29 and then watched film of the Bison’s final three or four regular-season games, there’s no way you could see the same defense. It’s almost, oddly, like Stitt viewed the victory in August as some sort of lasting moment whereas Bison coach Chris Klieman had told everybody all year that his defense was going to struggle early in the season and be better by the end of the season. Klieman has been spot-on. That’s why this quote from Klieman was so telling: “You don’t win national championships in August. You win the suckers in December.”
Doesn't sound like he's sporting an arrogant attitude at all. Sounds like a coach after a big loss.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxclnoi006U[/youtube]

Well, it was a nice try. Like havgriz, you will use hypebole and change the question. The commenter did not use the word "arrogant" about the post-game interview. He didn't sound arrogant after the scrimmage Saturday either, just for the record.

UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
This must be hard for you. Because it expressed a neutral, third party opinion about the image that Stitt sometimes or often leaves with others because of how he expresses things, and summarizes an attitude that Stitt sometimes adopts that is at odds with reality. The youtube interview did not contain the context, the juxtaposition of relevant quotes and observations, including those of the NDSU coach, and also comparing and contrasting Stitt's pregame comments. You know, real reporting, not the flack jobs put out by the local yellow journalist. But, that's precisely what you wanted censored, isn't that your real beef?
So that's the opinion you wanted to share? I think we all watched the football game, I'd recommend folks watch the interview and draw their own opinions. The "context" was 60 minutes of getting our butts kicked....which is also available on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz2k said:
Relax folks. Year in and year out, the Griz D routinely out performs the O in scrimmages. It means nothing. I'm pretty confident in both units heading into the season. A good year is ahead.....

i agree with you, Griz2k. In fact, I am totally confident a great year is ahead. I could leave it at that, end of story.

But also people need to remember, many offensive players missed scrimmages. (Center Ben Weyer, WR James Homan, WR Lamarriel Taylor, WR Brennnan Corbin. The offensive scrimmage could have been better with these guys.

Couple more weeks of practice and then a warm-up first game at home, then we will be ready for a great season!

brewskis said:
So that's the opinion you wanted to share? I think we all watched the football game, I'd recommend folks watch the interview and draw their own opinions.
There's no "opinion" to really be drawn from self-serving comments by a coach that got outcoached. There almost never is.

He says what he says. He leaves out two-thirds of the story -- his own previous comments and why they were so wrong-headed, "almost delusional."

What actually is useful is the context of those comments in the overall picture of pre-game comments, comments of the opposing coach, as well as the opinions of an experienced and neutral observer. It is interesting that you don't find context useful if it involves Bob Stitt.

So Gary, who apparently claims to be a former journalist, just accused a real journalist of "yellow journalism," all while he (Gary), after being called out by the real journalist, points to a hearsay comment by an anonymous poster as his cite/source for some comment the coach supposedly made. Do I have that right?

Whenever Gary posts, does anyone else imagine that Simpsons episode where Homer wears a binnacle and tricks everyone into thinking he's actually smart?

Back