• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Seattle Area Griz Fans (new watch location)!

O'Blarney's in Olympia will continue to host Griz viewing parties on Saturday as well, for those in Tacoma or further south.

Ursa Major said:
GrizGuy said:
Gentlemen and Ladies....

My kids have been little pains in the ass all week (full-time dad here)... And I'm injured and can't go running to blow off steam like I normally do... My wife bought instant coffee... And I have a sister-in-law coming to visit, which means more Dad-duties....

BUT...

I'm going to this game tomorrow in Kirkland. And I'm gonna watch the whole damned thing. And I cannot WAIT to get some me-time with a beer and the Griz!

I'll be the guy who stumbles in, tired as hell, his kids' snot on his shoulder, bad haircut, googly-bloodhsot eyes, mumbling something about "your f***[*] Cheerios..." Try not to be afraid. I might even speak.

Go Griz!

Grizguy, I owe you a beer!

You do? That's news to me! But I'll look forward to saying hello regardless!
Go Griz!

Does anyone know if they're (Pub 85) showing the game tomorrow? What is the place like. Also, has Sluggers completly stopped showing Griz games?

Mauler,

Yes, we confirmed with Pub 85 that they subscribe to GamePlan, so getting the game shouldn't be a problem tomorrow.

And Pub 85 is great. It's cleaner and brighter than Sluggers, has a GREAT tap selection (approx 50 micros), good, reasonably priced food, and an attentive staff. The response from most GRIZ fans is that they like it far better than Sluggers. It's a great new home for us.

Now, the answer to your final question is difficult. It's our understanding that Sluggers has shown the first 3 games (and will likely have tomorrow's game) because they've been able to get them on DISH. HOWEVER, Sluggers FTA satellite system broke, and they were unwilling to invest the money to repair it. So, they will NOT get any games shown only on the FTA satellite system. Pub 85 has the system, and tested it for us a couple of weeks ago and it works great.

CFallsGriz said:
Is this place kid-friendly at all (13)?

Unfortunately CFallsGriz as is the case in the State of Washington with its antiquated liquor laws...no. You have to construct a specific-size and type of structure that meets code and is only open for such use for a limited amount of hours and times during the day. REAL bummer because we do have a nice bar with great staff, awesome brew, and good food. If you are able to occupy your 13-year old for a few hours and drop on in, we'd love to see you! :) :thumb: GO GRIZ!

Just moved to the Seattle area. Any bars near Mountlake Terrace showing the game this weekend?

Chip said:
Just moved to the Seattle area. Any bars near Mountlake Terrace showing the game this weekend?

Not really Chip. Since it's a satellite game, Pub 85 is your best bet. Come on down. Great group of 30-50 Griz fans and a good bar with 50 + beers on tap.

Look me up if you come.

Chip said:

Pub 85 is not far. Lots of back roads to take to get to Bothell and Mt. Lake Terrace. The loud drunk guy there will be EverettGriz.

Welcome to the neighborhood Chip. And prepare to meet Everettgriz.

Sundown said:
O'Blarney's in Olympia will continue to host Griz viewing parties on Saturday as well, for those in Tacoma or further south.

Thanks for letting me know. I live in Oly and can't get all the games

Back