• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

sick of it

I respect the hell out of your program but man some of you posters over here who complain about the NDSU fans and message board ought to look at your own posting/posters. I think a lot more of you must be women because you are experienced with both pissing and moaning at the same time!

Grisly Fan said:
retiredfan said:
EverettGriz said:
NDSU is tough up front.

But they also hold A LOT.

Boy is that a mouthful, if ndsu was flagged for half of their holding they would not have been in the red zone 6 times, I believe that they are coached to hold and how to get away with most of it. Noticed that when blocking they had the Griz up close and personal, jersey pulling was very evident.
The Griz weren't called for holding either. It appears this officiating crew doesn't call holding. Maybe the Griz should have tried holding more, at least until they got called for it. It might have helped...

Perhaps true, but I didn't notice UM holding by grabbing jerseys. Only NDSU.

Don't know if this helps. I have found that most issues people have with anything is they don't understand it. Their perception isn't the same. I am not saying either way that someone held more than another. i watch the flow of a game, and don't try to find ways to bring a ref into it. I was taught to NEVER complain about reffing. Live with it, learn from it and move on.

http://www.cornnation.com/2010/9/3/1666922/understanding-college-football

Robsnotes4u said:
Don't know if this helps. I have found that most issues people have with anything is they don't understand it. Their perception isn't the same. I am not saying either way that someone held more than another. i watch the flow of a game, and don't try to find ways to bring a ref into it. I was taught to NEVER complain about reffing. Live with it, learn from it and move on.

Very true. I remember my 8th grade in basketball. I was a tall slender player. My skills were that of a guard, but often was stuck playing the post due to no big players on my team. I bitched to the coach about referees letting players get away with a lot of things. His words were something like, "You are smart, if the referees are not calling things, then why not try doing what the other team is doing? It might help you get rebounds and score. We don't bitch about officiating on this team, we adjust." All be damn, I got his message loud and clear, got away with some elbows and jersey grabs myself. I had a great 2nd half. The coach complemented me on a great job after the game. He asked "What did you learn from this game?" I told him to learn how the referees are calling a game and use it to my teams advantage." He smiled, and told me to pass that onto rest the team.

Even in the game NDSU game thread, I posted that I thought NDSU coaching staff was smarter than ours by testing the officiating, and maybe we should try those things too. As it turned out, we never did try adjusting to what they were doing. Imagine that, our coaches not having our players adjust to officiating. Sounds like our offensive staff not adjusting play calling. Seems to me, our offensive staff has problems with adjusting to most everything. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
Robsnotes4u said:

Very true. I remember my 8th grade in basketball. I was a tall slender player. My skills were that of a guard, but often was stuck playing the post due to no big players on my team. I bitched to the coach about referees letting players get away with a lot of things. His words were something like, "You are smart, if the referees are not calling things, then why not try doing what the other team is doing? It might help you get rebounds and score. We don't bitch about officiating on this team, we adjust." All be damn, I got his message loud and clear, got away with some elbows and jersey grabs myself. I had a great 2nd half. The coach complemented me on a great job after the game. He asked "What did you learn from this game?" I told him to learn how the referees are calling a game and use it to my teams advantage." He smiled, and told me to pass that onto rest the team.

Even in the game NDSU game thread, I posted that I thought NDSU coaching staff was smarter than ours by testing the officiating, and maybe we should try those things too. As it turned out, we never did try adjusting to what they were doing. Imagine that, our coaches not having our players adjust to officiating. Sounds like our offensive staff not adjusting play calling. Seems to me, our offensive staff has problems with adjusting to most everything. :thumb:

great post, and great job by your coach.

Back