• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So when I got Home today

In any case it is the killing I like. Sling shot, rock, harpoon and arrows all kill and do not have shells?
Football? Just pass the ball baby!

col·lo·qui·al·ism
kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: colloquialism; plural noun: colloquialisms

a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.
the use of ordinary or familiar words or phrases.

Translate colloquialism to
Use over time

Ok ,Ok, back on topic guys enough , Just thought it was cool my little guy loves the Griz so much . Just another little story about him, We were at Hammer's tailgate for Griz/scat he was asked from a scat fan this question " if the cats offered him a full ride and the Griz did not offer him anything what would he do " His reply "walk on for the Griz" .
Then Hammer took his rubber stamp and stamped his cheek with FTC . My son asked what it stood for :? Hammer and I had to tell him " forget the cats " since momma gave me the look we had to keep it clean , again he is only 10 .

TCCGRIZ said:
Ok ,Ok, back on topic guys enough , Just thought it was cool my little guy loves the Griz so much . Just another little story about him, We were at Hammer's tailgate for Griz/scat he was asked from a scat fan this question " if the cats offered him a full ride and the Griz did not offer him anything what would he do " His reply "walk on for the Griz" .
Then Hammer took his rubber stamp and stamped his cheek with FTC . My son asked what it stood for :? Hammer and I had to tell him " forget the cats " since momma gave me the look we had to keep it clean , again he is only 10 .

I remember that. That happened as halftime tailgating was wrapping up. :thumb:

statler & waldorf said:
your wrong said:
Hammer said:
UMGriz75 said:
Over the nearly 7 decades I have been here, I went down to Sportsman's Surplus to buy "shells" mostly from Al Anderson, their gun department manager, whether for the 22s, the 4-10, the 12 and 20 gauges, the .308 Finnbear, the 30-40 Kraig, and the .303 Enfield (which is the only gun I have left). I may have heard someone say over those years they were going to buy "bullets" but I don't recall it at the moment.

Everybody calls them shells. "your wrong" was just being a douche!

Very mature.

Hammer a simple correction on someone's verbage makes me a douche? I see you obviously have some childish inferiority complex and cannot take anyone making a statement you don't agree with.

Born and bred Montanan, and it is SHELLS, has been for a long time, and always will be. Ain't been around as long as UMGriz75, but close. IdaGriz01 took the educational route. Both used a few sentences to say what Hammer said with one word. Try calling your OUT OF STATE village, "your wrong," they want their idiot back.

I myself am also a born and bred Montanan. Only extended period of time I was not in Montana was 15 months in Afghanistan where the difference between shells for the 12 gauge to breech and rounds for the .50 cal m2 were what you asked for when you needed resupply in the field. So where I come from rounds and shells do mean different things. I would gladly give myslef the "village idiot" as you say back to my village of brothers in the U.S. army infantry.

TCCGRIZ said:

Hammer went fricking crazy that day with that stamp................I mean hes the only guy I know with a FTC stamp.......who does that?

Hammer thats who! Thats one of the many reasons I like the guy. :thumb:

your wrong said:
statler & waldorf said:
your wrong said:
Hammer said:
Everybody calls them shells. "your wrong" was just being a douche!

Very mature.

Hammer a simple correction on someone's verbage makes me a douche? I see you obviously have some childish inferiority complex and cannot take anyone making a statement you don't agree with.

Born and bred Montanan, and it is SHELLS, has been for a long time, and always will be. Ain't been around as long as UMGriz75, but close. IdaGriz01 took the educational route. Both used a few sentences to say what Hammer said with one word. Try calling your OUT OF STATE village, "your wrong," they want their idiot back.

I myself am also a born and bred Montanan. Only extended period of time I was not in Montana was 15 months in Afghanistan where the difference between shells for the 12 gauge to breech and rounds for the .50 cal m2 were what you asked for when you needed resupply in the field. So where I come from rounds and shells do mean different things. I would gladly give myslef the "village idiot" as you say back to my village of brothers in the U.S. army infantry.

I was in the US Army myself (19D). On a professional level you are absolutely correct. But eGriz isn't the US Army and you knew exactly what TCC meant. Hence the douche comment, because that's exactly what it was.

So the Army is wrong as well, but I guess they have to dumb it down for obvious reasons......its not like its the Air Force or Navy. Those guys would know the difference between a container and what you put in that container.

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
So the Army is wrong as well, but I guess they have to dumb it down for obvious reasons......its not like its the Air Force or Navy. Those guys would know the difference between a container and what you put in that container.

I see what you did there

:lol:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

:lol: :clap: :lol:

Back