• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SPEAR Officially Out at Idaho

Termination for "convenience". Will be paid his just under $200,000 salary through Feb. 2020, to be offset by any other income he has.

I'd like to see the investigative report.

Is the standard now: if any woman complains about something to anyone, even if it's a year or two later, then the head coach and/or AD get fired, no matter what their roles and level of knowledge were. And, if the President doesn't fire them quickly enough, then the President gets fired too.

Then pay the people who were terminated the rest of their salary, or a sizable settlement. Then, figure out where to get the funds to pay for all of that, and just live with the aftermath, i.e. declining football program and/or declining enrollment (like at UM).

Maybe Engstrom was onto something. Who cares about the damage to the program or the school, if the firings can help calm the bad press storm and save your job. Who cares about the damage done to the guys who get fired, like the Ida. AD and President, or the UM coach and AD. Who cares if the police investigate and nothing comes of the complaint.

See what can happen on the flip side, tho. A well-know female professor and feminist get caught on the wrong side of MeToo andTitle IX, and the feminists come to her defense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/nyregion/sexual-harassment-nyu-female-professor.html

EverettGriz said:
What took ‘em so long?

Because they probably didn't and have strong grounds to terminate him. Couldn't tell if he agreed with this, because he gets his salary through end of contract. If not, maybe there will be pushback. Is it not a bit late to fire someone over what happened 5 years ago?

Check this out. The Idaho president who put the AD on admin. leave is an Engstrom clone. Even looks like Engstrom.

"Prior to his service at Idaho, Staben served as the Provost of the University of South Dakota from 2008-2014."

https://www.uidaho.edu/president/biographies.aspx

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
What took ‘em so long?

Because they probably didn't and have strong grounds to terminate him. Couldn't tell if he agreed with this, because he gets his salary through end of contract. If not, maybe there will be pushback. Is it not a bit late to fire someone over what happened 5 years ago?

I dunno look at Harvey Weinstein....I doubt it is ever too late, Penn State yada yada. Maybe the flood gates will open now with other athletes coming forward...put a scruffy beard and kind of looks like harvey lol. Who knows how things will play out. Hopefully if he is innocent this was not a witch hunt.

retiredpopo said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
What took ‘em so long?

I dunno look at Harvey Weinstein....I doubt it is ever too late, Penn State yada yada. Maybe the flood gates will open now with other athletes coming forward...put a scruffy beard and kind of looks like harvey lol. Who knows how things will play out. Hopefully if he is innocent this was not a witch hunt.

Please tell us you're joking about there being any comparison of Spear/Idaho to Weinstein or Penn St. Weinstein was a serial harasser and assaulter. Spears is an administrator.

I heard the the underlying "assault" in Idaho was a player pinching or grabbing the girls butt. Ya, that ought to be a federal crime.

PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
What took ‘em so long?

Please tell us you're joking about there being any comparison of Spear/Idaho to Weinstein or Penn St. Weinstein was a serial harasser and assaulter. Spears is an administrator.

I heard the the underlying "assault" in Idaho was a player pinching or grabbing the girls butt. Ya, that ought to be a federal crime.

look at my last sentence. Who knows what actually happened if anything and what further information will come about if any. all I am saying is something that happened 5 years ago might still be happening, just people not coming forward. Unless you have all the information hard to say how it will play out.

Post by PlayerRep » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Are you officially putting your nuts up for grabbing without retribution? :lol:

sdk.catfish said:

If, in college, a female college athlete had grabbed mine, I certainly wouldn't have started whining on the internet or social media or called for the AD to be fired 5 years later. What's wrong with a kick in the shins, a punch in balls, or a drink in the face? My rugby-playing daughter, who was taught by her Army Ranger brother, decked a kid at a bar, after he was mouthing off and grabbed the butt of her friend. One punch. Dropped him.

Coincidently, last night, I was part of a discussion involving several women of varying ages, including a daughter in law, who all believed slapping, grabbing or pinching a girl's butt is not and should be sexual assault. Not that it was appropriate. Just that it wasn't a big deal and it certainly shouldn't be sexual assault.

The Idaho one occurred in a bar. Don't know exactly what happened.

PlayerRep said:
sdk.catfish said:

If, in college, a female college athlete had grabbed mine, I certainly wouldn't have started whining on the internet or social media or called for the AD to be fired 5 years later. What's wrong with a kick in the shins, a punch in balls, or a drink in the face? My rugby-playing daughter, who was taught by her Army Ranger brother, decked a kid at a bar, after he was mouthing off and grabbed the butt of her friend. One punch. Dropped him.

Coincidently, last night, I was part of a discussion involving several women of varying ages, including a daughter in law, who all believed slapping, grabbing or pinching a girl's butt is not and should be sexual assault. Not that it was appropriate. Just that it wasn't a big deal and it certainly shouldn't be sexual assault.

So what if your daughter, as tough as she is, gets a full frontal crotch grab and is pinned up against the wall by a 250lb guy who is actually a tough sonofabitch and there is nobody around to deck him? then like often happens it is passed off as a pinch in the ass and just fun and games. I have found age usually has something to do with what people think is sexual assault. the older females are the more accepting of things good old boys think are harmless. I have seen mothers tell their daughters to get over it when in fat they were victims of assaults. I have no idea what happened but if he got fired wrongly hopefully he will be made whole, if he covered something up hopefully he gets his just reward. I have no idea what really happened and probably never will.

PlayerRep said:
Check this out. The Idaho president who put the AD on admin. leave is an Engstrom clone. Even looks like Engstrom.

"Prior to his service at Idaho, Staben served as the Provost of the University of South Dakota from 2008-2014."

https://www.uidaho.edu/president/biographies.aspx

Damn, your right. Might have to start therapy again.

retiredpopo said:
PlayerRep said:
sdk.catfish said:

So what if your daughter, as tough as she is, gets a full frontal crotch grab and is pinned up against the wall by a 250lb guy who is actually a tough sonofabitch and there is nobody around to deck him? then like often happens it is passed off as a pinch in the ass and just fun and games. I have found age usually has something to do with what people think is sexual assault. the older females are the more accepting of things good old boys think are harmless. I have seen mothers tell their daughters to get over it when in fat they were victims of assaults. I have no idea what happened but if he got fired wrongly hopefully he will be made whole, if he covered something up hopefully he gets his just reward. I have no idea what really happened and probably never will.

It would never happen, but I would hope she wouldn't blame the athletic director.

Back