• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sports Report with Coach Hauck

This was a nice surprise to see on my DVR on the 11th. (I have that show set to record, yearly)

This (interview) is the Hauck that, after seeing him speak at his hiring press conference on tv, is the guy that I said was a humbled/matured and more mentored/wise (SDSU) guy. He is no longer that "hell on wheels" young coach he used to be, his words. This is the perfect version of the Bobby Hauck that UM needs, and will succeed with. :clap:

One small thing though, Hauck said there has been no changes to the stadium since he left. While technically not the stadium itself, but there has been upgrades:

In 2012 lights have been added.
In 2016 GrizVision was upgraded to a much larger screen (The new screen features HD-quality video, and measures 32 feet high by 55 feet wide, approximately twice the size of the old display.).
Ribbon reader board screens have been added.
Cell phone technology equipment have been added.
There was new turf installed in 2001 and 2008, but new/better turf (37) has been installed in 2016.

Hauck's family doesn't look like they're happy. Pretty glum-looking. I can imagine, coming from sunny San Diego & the easy CA lifestyle, why. Plus, not a great time, weather-wise, to be arriving in Missoula. I could be 180 out on this.

Grizzoola said:
Hauck's family doesn't look like they're happy. Pretty glum-looking. I can imagine, coming from sunny San Diego & the easy CA lifestyle, why. Plus, not a great time, weather-wise, to be arriving in Missoula. I could be 180 out on this.

The family is completely happy and fired up to be moving back to Missoula. Most of their relatives live here and in western MT. The twins are seniors at SDS, so will finish up there. It looks like the son is transferring from NAU, so will also be here. I talked to Stacey and the twins at the press conference, and was introduced to the younger daughter.

PlayerRep said:
Grizzoola said:

The family is completely happy and fired up to be moving back to Missoula. Most of their relatives live here and in western MT. The twins are seniors at SDS, so will finish up there. It looks like the son is transferring from NAU, so will also be here. I talked to Stacey and the twins at the press conference, and was introduced to the younger daughter.

SoCal is terrific for weather. I lived in the area for a short time. It was way too chaotic and expensive for me. I worked 70+ hours a week just to live in decent area. Had very little time to enjoy the area. Granted, I'd like to have warmer weather year around, but not at the cost of SoCal. I will keep my options open to St George, Las Vegas, Arizona, Albuquerque, TX, AL, upon retiring. I'd love to golf year around. I'd miss Montana though. The people here are what make this place so special. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
SoCal is terrific for weather. I lived in the area for a short time. It was way too chaotic and expensive for me. I worked 70+ hours a week just to live in decent area. Had very little time to enjoy the area. Granted, I'd like to have warmer weather year around, but not at the cost of SoCal. I will keep my options open to St George, Las Vegas, Arizona, Albuquerque, TX, AL, upon retiring. I'd love to golf year around. I'd miss Montana though. The people here are what make this place so special. :thumb:
Having moved to Henderson, NV, 2 yrs ago, I'm still happy w/ my choice. It's far better than anything in Vegas, altho next door to it. Plenty of golf courses w/in minutes of anywhere you live in Henderson. Low crime rate. I'll admit I wish I could afford to snowbird to Missoula in the summer months, but I'm used to the high temps & not as hot as AZ.

Shaun Rainey does a real nice job, I really enjoy his segments. Riley Corcoran is kind of a cheese dick though. NONE compare to the G.O.A.T. Phil Buck though. The Bobby Hauck show back in the day with the epic local commercials was my favorite.

After watching that interview with Hauck I am even more fired up about his return. He is going to turn things around and in 100% confident he will do it. Very excited for both commitment signing periods and spring ball!

Go Griz!

The_Real_Chief said:
Shaun Rainey does a real nice job, I really enjoy his segments. Riley Corcoran is kind of a cheese dick though. NONE compare to the G.O.A.T. Phil Buck though. The Bobby Hauck show back in the day with the epic local commercials was my favorite.

“Cheese dick?”

bgbigdog said:
The_Real_Chief said:

“Cheese dick?”

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/cheese-dick

I mean a lot of folks in his line of work are pretty cheesy, only a finite number of Brent Musburgers out there.

The_Real_Chief said:
bgbigdog said:
The_Real_Chief said:

“Cheese dick?”

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/cheese-dick

I mean a lot of folks in his line of work are pretty cheesy, only a finite number of Brent Musburgers out there.

I was imagining something you’d see @ “you had one job.” Thanks for the Friday knowledge. Now back to my scotch.

renewed my season tickets this week, took last year off with the exception of
attending the EW game.
the new version of Coach Hauck is going to be interesting to watch to see what
he stuck to and what he is excited to add.
just waiting for the coaching staff to fill out completely to see the total package.

Back