• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt on Jim Rome

Da Boyz Mom said:
Paytonlives said:
I hope the interview is good....

I just listened to 20 minutes of Rome and HE SUCKS!!!!

i was only listening for about 10 minutes, but what a waste of time that was.
:lol: Rome always says no one likes his show the first time they hear it, but you have to give it time. A lot of inside stuff that new listeners wouldn't get at first. But he has a kind of cult following.

Good interview. I like this Stitt guy. Just take it easy on my Wildcats, Coach.

SWeberCat02 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Paytonlives said:

:lol: Rome always says no one likes his show the first time they hear it, but you have to give it time. A lot of inside stuff that new listeners wouldn't get at first. But he has a kind of cult following.

All I heard was him going on and on about some phone call that he deemed the worst call in the history of telephones. Obviously it was tongue-in-cheek, but total overkill and bordering on ridiculous.

Anyway - he asked Coach some different questions than what he has been asked in previous interviews so I thought that part was great.

Going easy on the Wildcats (or any team)? Don't count on it! :lol: This coach is going to go for the win every game, no holds barred.

http://download.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d9/dE/dU/d4/19EU4_3.MP3?listeningSessionID=55e3bc0827eb6c2e_260176_3onLALR3_0000000tmJ5

Here is the link to the interview

Great interview. This program has literally blown UP in the span of 5 days. Amazing to watch.

SWeberCat02 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Paytonlives said:

I have listened to Rome since the "scrub Saturday show" on the Mighty 690 in San Diego. Probably early 1990. His cohorts jay stu, whitey etc. Who could forget the "smack offs" with Terrance from Sierra Madre, Doc Mike or Silk from Huntington Beach..... He has always been an aquired taste. A huge talent certainly but you have to be tolerant of his " Schtik". He has gotten' a little snooty since the national show and race horses but he is entertaining. " good night now"....

Best Rome show was when Jim Everett kicked his ass on the air, he was really a prick when he first started.

jodcon said:
Best Rome show was when Jim Everett kicked his ass on the air, he was really a prick when he first started.

Do you mean Chris Everett? :lol:
Seriously, though, Jim Everett had a fucking CANNON on Tecmo Super Bowl.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgpo3_SF7M[/youtube]

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

Seriously, though, Jim Everett had a f***[*] CANNON on Tecmo Super Bowl.

He even had a running feud with Howie Long for a while before they made up. I don't think Rome ever said a word to Long's face though. For obvious reasons.....

I don't care how many games this Griz lose this season. Hell, they might even lose to Poly Saturday night. Who knows. But when I listen to Stitt talk like that, you just flat out know he was the absolute right choice for this job, and the Griz are going to win a national championship under him someday. I am a HUGE Bobby Hauck supporter, and got to know him a little during his time at UM. I love the guy, and he will always be a legendary coach in Griz history. But Kent Haslam absolutely made the right choice.

I never thought I'd see a day when Jim Rome would be interviewing a GRIZ coach!! I have followed Rome since he 1st started his radio show. Omaha (Buggaha on his show) was 1 of the original affiliates of his. He visited Omaha a few times. I wish our local radio would get his show. I absolutely love this radio show.

The media attention Stitt has brought to the program is unreal. God knows, might as well take advantage of the wave and ride it in. After this weekend, everyone goes back to talking BCS football. I'd be doing exactly what Stitt is doing this week. Taking advantage of every opportunity coming the way of the GRIZ and himself.

mtgrizrule said:
I never thought I'd see a day when Jim Rome would be interviewing a GRIZ coach!! I have followed Rome since he 1st started his radio show. Omaha (Buggaha on his show) was 1 of the original affiliates of his. He visited Omaha a few times. I wish our local radio would get his show. I absolutely love this radio show.

The media attention Stitt has brought to the program is unreal. God knows, might as well take advantage of the wave and ride it in. After this weekend, everyone goes back to talking BCS football. I'd be doing exactly what Stitt is doing this week. Taking advantage of every opportunity coming the way of the GRIZ and himself.

The Bugeaters......Tom Osborn was even on the show.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:

Seriously, though, Jim Everett had a f***[*] CANNON on Tecmo Super Bowl.

Completely staged but still pretty damn entertaining.

Back