• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt!

IdaGriz01 said:
IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Unless he decides to bail on all the ungrateful pr**** around who demand perfection. He and his guys pieced together a winning season despite having to dip down to a gutsy but rusty 4th string QB along the way. Not making excuses ... that's simply how it played out.

Why won't he be fired?

Winning season, winning record.
Cares about, and takes care of, his players.
Good recruiter, with talent in the pipeline.
Good with boosters and the press.

I'm signing off now. All the "experts" (in their own minds) will now weigh in with all the vitriol they can manage. I may read some, but will not participate.

And some strange things have happened to other programs today. However unlikely it might seem, a 7-4 Griz team that played hard to the end is not totally out of the running for a playoff spot. (Laugh all you want, but stranger things have happened ... and I'd be as flabbergasted as anyone.)

after 3 bad years how long is that pipeline ?

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizzly said:
Bet you he gets one more year
Semore will be the fall guy, Stitt and Justin Green control the recruiting and the O was not the problem.

..l must l've been watching a different game..dropped balls not being able to score doesn't seem
that the O did there part today!

To add on to you name calling people pricks. If you don't expect perfection why go at all. You play the game to win and if you don't then you should t play. Oh give everyone a trophy right. HELL No. try for perfection and right now he is far from it. Is perfection a high expectation? Yes. I understand
Teams will lose and you can't win every game every year but we are the kind of team with no heart or drive or coaching. How many 3rd and at least 20+ did the Griz give up first downs on? Tons 2 today
3rd and 35. 2 plays
Later first and goal. 3rd and 21?? Give up a 71 yes td run. If he gets a D.C. That can adjust and learn then let's go. If he can't or won't then he has to go because its spiraling the wrong way.

MTGRIZ12 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Unless he decides to bail on all the ungrateful pr**** around who demand perfection. He and his guys pieced together a winning season despite having to dip down to a gutsy but rusty 4th string QB along the way. Not making excuses ... that's simply how it played out.

Why won't he be fired?

Winning season, winning record.
Cares about, and takes care of, his players.
Good recruiter, with talent in the pipeline.
Good with boosters and the press.

I'm signing off now. All the "experts" (in their own minds) will now weigh in with all the vitriol they can manage. I may read some, but will not participate.

And some strange things have happened to other programs today. However unlikely it might seem, a 7-4 Griz team that played hard to the end is not totally out of the running for a playoff spot. (Laugh all you want, but stranger things have happened ... and I'd be as flabbergasted as anyone.)
4th string QB? He has sucked the life out of this program. We hosted NAU #1 in conference and were easily 7000 shy of full stadium. 7-4. Who did we really beat? NAU without their stud qb. Anyone could go 7-4 with the cupcake schedule we had. Have you met Stitt? He is an arrogant little man who cares about Bob Stitt and nothing more. He can't coach at this level. He can recruit but can't develop. At very least he has to replace Semore and see if he can bring life back. I don't like him but I don't think he will be fired but also hope he doesn't get more than a 1 year deal and see how next year plays out.
Exactly my thoughts, he's an arrogant dude that does not develop players. We will be treading water at best with him. Make a hard run at hiring Paul Wulff.

grizghost said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizzly said:
Semore will be the fall guy, Stitt and Justin Green control the recruiting and the O was not the problem.

..l must l've been watching a different game..dropped balls not being able to score doesn't seem

Yes but 442 yards of offense should be enough...

The D giving up 322 yards rushing is what is inexcusable

Like I said my guess is Semore is gone and Stitt stays.

Bigsky1616 said:
Can’t coach at this level? He went seven and four. He can only win the games on his schedule which he did seven times.
Loses every big game. Hasn’t made the playoffs two years in a row. Knocked out of the playoffs last two years by a couple of horrible cat teams. 7 wins isn’t enough obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:
grizghost said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizzly said:

Yes but 442 yards of offense should be enough...

The D giving up 322 yards rushing is what is inexcusable

Like I said my guess is Semore is gone and Stitt stays.
Who cares about the stats. I want to see the points on the board and a W in the win column

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigsky1616 said:
Can’t coach at this level? He went seven and four. He can only win the games on his schedule which he did seven times.

W #1. Valpo 5-5 record
W #2. Savanah st. 3-8 record
W #3. PSU 0-10
W #4. ISU. 4-6
W #5. N Dakota. 3-8
W #6. NAU. 7-3 barely won and they lost stud QB
W #7. N Colorado 3-7

Yep some high quality wins. Hell I could win 7 games with that schedule. Defend him all you want he can't develop talent he can't win the big game and his arrogance will eventually cost him his job in turn saving Griz football.

While there were a lot of questionable calls during this game, by officials and by Griz coaches, however, I think it was the inability of the Griz to shut down the Bobcat offense that lost this game for the Griz.

Weeks ago I stated that I had lost confidence in Coach Stitt when he chose Semore over Ty Gregorak as a Griz D Coordinator. While there were many facets to today’s loss to the Cats, defense -or more specifically lack of defense- was a major aspect of the loss.

I said Stitt should be replaced weeks ago, and today’s game evidenced once again why. We need an excellent coach, not a mediocre coach. Stitt is mediocre at best. Engstrom pushed the Griz out of championship status for years, and Griz should not waste additional years hoping a mediocre coach can revive a championship program.

MTGRIZ12 said:
Bigsky1616 said:

W #1. Valpo 5-5 record
W #2. Savanah st. 3-8 record
W #3. PSU 0-10
W #4. ISU. 4-6
W #5. N Dakota. 3-8
W #6. NAU. 7-3 barely won and they lost stud QB
W #7. N Colorado 3-7

Yep some high quality wins. Hell I could win 7 games with that schedule. Defend him all you want he can't develop talent he can't win the big game and his arrogance will eventually cost him his job in turn saving Griz football.

well if you can bring us to the promise land next year..put your name in for the head coach position since there should be an opening with the Griz this next season..i think you would go 2-7 tops

Richard Cranium said:
Make it a clean sweep by our new President if Haslam doesn't get rid of Stitt! Matter of fact make it a clean sweep and can Haslam too!

THIS is what I completely expect to happen - IF - Haslem extends Stitt. Remember the new UM President has a corporate background. The bottom line HATES declining attendance in any area or aspect.

Back