• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

street and smiths fcs top 25

Personally I like the fact that we are ranked out of the top 25. It provides motivation and drive for the team to prove every one wrong. I think we will surprise people, we will not be as bad as some are saying.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
That is a 14 year period you pointed out, not 25 years...

I know you’re just being difficult (weird), but way to completely misconstrue the point. I’m not trying to compare the Griz to Alabama over that exact 15 yr period. In general and historically speaking, they are not even remotely comparable programs, like 4luvofgriz is trying to say.

what is funny is a Cat fan trying to denigrate the fact that Montana played in 5 NC games during a relatively short period of years, winning two of them, and then trying to suggest that we were not one of the elite FCS programs in the nation during that time, of which the end of that period of dominance was caused by the stupid and unjustified firing of our head coach and AD, which ignited our continued downfall to the mediocrity that your Bobcats have wallowed in for so many decades.

I believe my exact words were, for 15 or so years the Griz were in the conversation for one of the top teams, in the playoffs every year and that it was an impressive run.
I’d say that’s the exact opposite of “suggesting the Griz were not among the elite teams in FCS” as you just said.

But the Alabama of FCS they were not and have never been.

During that 15 year period, UM was just as elite, or more elite (at the FCS level), than Alabama. That's our point. Don't know why you ignore that.

It's like fake news........ if it doesn't fit their narrative, it must not be true. Trouble is, it IS TRUE!

kemajic said:
4theluvofgriz said:
kemajic said:
4theluvofgriz said:
What is this "safe pick" bullshit??? We are the Montana Grizzlies....... we don't hire safe picks, we re-tool, hire the best coach possible, and continue to dominate! Haslam hired Stitt and needs to be held accountable! We were the Alabama of FCS football........ we don't hire safe picks..... we hire WINNERS!
Really? After Engstom personally had the University, let alone the AD, on a crash spiral, please provide the list of your "best coach possible" candidates that were available for Haslam to choose. The answer was of course Hauck, not allowed by Engstom. So show us the list. This job is not where most "best coach possibe"s wanted to be. You act like every coach in the country was competing for the job.
Are you serious? It is total B.S. that Engstrom dictated that Haslam hire Stitt. Engstrom is a chemistry professor, and understands that he does not have a clue about hiring football coaches.
Where did I say that? Can you even read? You're way too ready to argue and you don't even know what you're arguing against.

I can read, but it is the reading comprehension thingy of your post that hung me up. You are trying to say that Bob Stitt was the only worthy head coach to hire, when I know for a fact that there were over 150 applications for the job. Are you trying to say that there were not at least 10-15 stronger candidates than Bob Stitt, the snake oil salesman who did a snow job on Haslam in the interview process? Haslam needs to go, and I have been told by reputable big boosters that he already has one foot off the ledge.

Back