• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sun Belt Teleconference set for tomorrow

At first I was a fan of UI coming back to the BSC. After reading their board f&%$ them I hope the Big Sky pulls the invite.I can not believe fans of such a terrible team could be so cocky. When Msu goes to Moscow this year I hope they put 70 on them. They actually think people will think less of them if they drop down hell most people don't know Idaho has a team.

Maybe BSC get both UI and NMSU by having a split conference for football! There are some in the BSC ready or close to ready. Might be a way to entice the likes of NDSU to want to be in the BSC. Maybe BSCstarts out with six FBS football schools and others have option to move up? Hey Papa Bear even said at one point he could see the entire BSCgoing FBS.

kemajic said:
Allezchat said:
All rivalries would stay intact every year.
No; Idaho should replace EWU as a Montana rival. 84 games going back to 1903 with the Little Brown Stein. It was a far bigger rivalry than UM/MSU. I would suspect Idaho would stipulate that in the deal since there would be a financial advantage. Then EWU would have Idaho and PSU.
What I meant was not the way everyone has two rivals right now, but if the conference was split into divisions, every team in the north division would play each other every year. So um/idaho, um/ewu, um/msu, um/psu, um/isu, and um/und would be games played every year. And so, for um, there would be three rivalry games every year, against MSU, EWU, and Idaho. MSU/EWU would not have to be a non-conference game 2 out of 3 years.

I'm guessing the conference would do away with its "rivalry" format it currently holds. Is Weber/ISU a rivalry? That would be one that wouldn't continue under my example, if so.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports/2016/03/01/big-sky-could-idaho-footballs-future-after-leaving-sun-belt/81167778/

“The talk, honestly, is having another football conference,” (Big Sky deputy commissioner) Loghry said. “Everybody in the Big Sky for all sports, then having an — ala the Missouri Valley or Ohio Valley — a football only conference. So develop something like that for half the teams, and the other half would carry the Big Sky name still. Then you build a schedule among those two conferences.

“To go to divisions is an option, but you are still sharing one AQ,” he continued. “Where if you go into two separate conferences, then you could get an AQ for each one. Seven teams fight for an AQ and seven more fight for another one and you get two or three more in.”

How the conference would split is still unknown. While there have been theories floated around about a possible FBS/FCS split, more likely, the conference would be divided based off geography.

Most likely landing place is Big Sky, according to this article. At least former commissioner Benson landed where he did.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/university-of-idaho/article63354392.html

Mavman said:
At first I was a fan of UI coming back to the BSC. After reading their board f&%$ them I hope the Big Sky pulls the invite.I can not believe fans of such a terrible team could be so cocky. When Msu goes to Moscow this year I hope they put 70 on them. They actually think people will think less of them if they drop down hell most people don't know Idaho has a team.

Ha! I couldn't resist, Had to go snoop over there. A few things I gathered from their forum....

They are still too good for us.

We should be begging them to come back.

Many think they have at least two years before they even need to start thinking about where they might go.

They are so jealous of any success Boise St has had it's hard for any of them to complete a paragraph without chastising them.

And the SBC is going to be sorry and invite them back with open arms since they are on the upswing and plan on finishing the 16 season undefeated.

Christ! Now the scats fans got the Vandal fans to give them a run for the most delusional, pompous posters. That's what 20 years of being out of circulation will do.

signedbewildered said:
Mavman said:

Ha! I couldn't resist, Had to go snoop over there. A few things I gathered from their forum....

Many think they have at least two years before they even need to start thinking about where they might go.

They are so jealous of any success Boise St has had it's hard for any of them to complete a paragraph without chastising them.

And the SBC is going to be sorry and invite them back with open arms since they are on the upswing and plan on finishing the 16 season undefeated.
My impression of things over there was that the SBC was going to be sorry because, after their undefeated '16 season, they where going to get a Big 12 invite... but other than that I'd say this is way on point.

statler & waldorf said:
Christ! Now the scats fans got the Vandal fans to give them a run for the most delusional, pompous posters. That's what 20 years of being out of circulation will do.
Dude, we can't hold a candle to Idaho fans... they actually believe they belong in the P5.

SeattleBobcat said:
statler & waldorf said:
Dude, we can't hold a candle to Idaho fans... they actually believe they belong in the P5.

Proof is in the pudding, they got booted from arguably the worse BCS conference. How bad do you have to be to accomplish that? :thumb:

signedbewildered said:
Mavman said:

I wouldn't expect anything less douchey than the last time they stunk up our territory, except now they will also be butthurt and defensive about being kicked back to the kids table.

Should be a fucking joy having them back.

Is there any financial benefit for Idaho staying in the FBS as an independent over dropping down to the Big Sky besides the hope that they would land in another conference eventually? I don't see any other FBS conference having interest in Idaho.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Is there any financial benefit for Idaho staying in the FBS as an independent over dropping down to the Big Sky besides the hope that they would land in another conference eventually? I don't see any other FBS conference having interest in Idaho.

bigger guarantees in body bag games....there is much more money being a FBS punching bag.....

grizindabox said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

bigger guarantees in body bag games....there is much more money being a FBS punching bag.....

Thanks. I guess that makes sense. Although, relying on body bag money to fund a program seems like a very difficult way to improve a football program.

How about the cost of getting teams to travel to Moscow? I know they had a year or two as an independent. I wonder how that penciled out for them...

Well. Spud U gets the boot from the sunburn conference. Maybe after the Cats kick their ass in football (I know. Silly cats and their powderpuff schedule) they will be begging the BSC for a seat. That brings us up to an even 48 teams. Maybe we can have divisions and play each other every four years.

kemajic said:
Allezchat said:
All rivalries would stay intact every year.
No; Idaho should replace EWU as a Montana rival. 84 games going back to 1903 with the Little Brown Stein. It was a far bigger rivalry than UM/MSU. I would suspect Idaho would stipulate that in the deal since there would be a financial advantage. Then EWU would have Idaho and PSU.

Why not take EWU and Idaho as Montana's rivalry games and let the Griz and MSU pencil in their game every year like MSU and Eastern do now? The MSU game will take care of itself. It doesn't need big sky conference help.

Back