• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sunday New York Times 4/13 story...

PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:
Here's an interesting article that was at the top of the page of buzzfeed..

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/missoula-county-prosecutor-kirsten-pabst

Interesting. I was wondering if something like this was going to get out and into the campaign. If women or women's advocates want to elect the other guy over Pabst, they will get what they deserve. Pabst is terrific, smart, knowledgeable, and was very well-respected for her work in the county attorney's office.

She's the person who wrote the Jezebel.com article entitled "My Weekend In America's So-Called 'Rape Capital". http://jezebel.com/5908472/my-weekend-in-americas-so-called-rape-capital" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some info on the author of the article:

"BuzzFeed memo below:

I’m thrilled to announce Katie J.M. Baker will be joining the news team to cover criminal justice and other legal and social issues related to college campuses. Katie will be working closely with Jess Testa, who has been doing a great job heading up our rape culture coverage.

Katie is currently at Newsweek where she has done deep dives into the failures of mental health services at U.S. colleges and LGBT life in Ethiopia , and interviewed two of the women who claim to have been sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby. (She is the “frisky” “gal” reporter a source mentioned in Kate Authur’s story about Cosby).

Before joining Newsweek, Katie was at Jezebel where she covered the Stubenville rape story and the dark underbelly of Miss America and a variety of other stories, and the San Francisco Chronicle.

Katie will start April 1. You can follow her at @katiejmbaker!
Join me in welcoming her to BuzzFeed!"

I never even put the two together. That explains everything then..

Back