• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thank you Coach Stitt!

Thank you Coach. You took care of many things .. nothing more important than the "student" in our athletes. I wish you the best going forward.

greasewood said:
I was at the first game you coached for the Griz...vs. NDSU in Missoula. Our tickets were in the south end zone 6 rows up from where Joey Counts jumped into the end zone & won the game on 4th & goal with 2 seconds left. I will never forget that game & that play. I had chills rolling up & down my spine. People always describe great football game atmospheres as electric, but electric doesn't come close. That atmosphere was ATOMIC! Every Griz fan in the stadium was ecstatic.
Thank you for beating the multiple year reigning FCS champs on our home field. The offensive ideas you brought here were unprecedented. I hope to see you in a bar someday & hope I can buy you a beer.

Great post.

This is something that is lost among much of the fan base. Stitt put a lot into this program and changed his entire life to be a Montana Grizzly. Now he is job hunting over Thanksgiving.

Although he did not win us championships, he is still a Grizzly and I️ feel deeply for him and his family. Bob and his family will be my family’s prayers at Thanksgiving as he begins to search for a way to support his family.

So, thank you Bob Stitt and best wishes from Griz nation.

I was at the NDSU game as well. Great game, electric atmosphere....unbelievable win.

Unfortunately, in hindsight, perhaps the WORST thing you could have done was beat NDSU that day.

There's a fine line between being happy your program is headed in a different direction, and taking pleasure in someone elses misfortune. I feel like egriz has crossed that line numerous times over the last few days. Coach Stitt, I haven't always agreed with you, but I thank you for what you did for this program, and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

HookedonGriz said:
Thank you coach Stitt and your staff. You always had the best interest of the players at heart and fully believed this thing was heading in the right direction. Thank you for how you handled discipline and kids in the classroom. I'm sorry you didn't get to see it come to fruition and I know it bothered you just as much as anyone to lose a game. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

+Many

A ton of respect for the quality of kids Stitt recruited and the way he handled issues in the rare instances they messed up.

A Hauck-coached team might have played with more swagger, but wouldn't have been able to outslug that NDSU team. This is why I wanted to see this offense fully stocked with recruits take on the bigger teams in the playoffs.

Thanks, Coach Stitt, and good luck. We gave up on you too soon, but hopefully you and your family will find greater happiness elsewhere.

Back