• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thanks for the laughs gang!

UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
75....muddying the waters.....cus that's his only move....
Is this from the same guy that claimed I was constantly talking down Semore, and then when I posted my only three comments about Semore -- all quite positive -- he didn't have the balls to apologize for "muddying the water" with an outright lie? That guy?

75-a bitter, old man! "Stay off my lawn," and all that!

mcg said:
PlayerRep said:
UMGriz75 said:
Mavman said:
Why would thinking someone doesn't enjoy being a fan hurt my feelings lol u too much
I enjoy the hell out of this place look at my join date. I enjoy many posters on here and there is even a little bit of info
Believe me, when I see regular posters now claim that Stitt has done better in his second halves over his first, and that no one ever said "offensive genius" about him, and see all the back-pedalling that goes on around this forum by people that constantly need to tell everyone "they know all about football," and then constantly get it wrong, it is more than amusing. Watching someone DEMAND PROOF and then when they get it directly, NO, I MEANT SOME OTHER PROOF, OVER THERE! and watch them squirm and run into themselves constantly, it's better than the old Three Stooges re-runs.

Having watched, now, a full year of what Stitt was "going to do" according to all the prognosticators that alleged "they knew," is really something. I am still laughing at the kind of early comment that led to such revelations as "Stitt is going to recruit quarterbacks that are FAST and SMART!!!" Now, it a matter of never having seen so many people pretend they didn't say what they said. It's like watching a bunch of cats run into patio doors. Over and over.

As I noted last year, much of the hype wasn't Stitt's fault, but the over-estimation of expectations by true believers which was unfair to the coaches, the team and the players, because unrealized over-exaggerated expectations invariably invokes a let-down. The transition, DII to DI, is a big one. For all the hype about Stitt, he even admitted in one interview he's never been recruited for a position before Montana. And anybody with a brain could see the difficulty of the move; as did our most successful coaches when they too elected to move "up," and it was disaster every time.

This is the hard-work year. Can't expect lucky breaks like last year to keep happening. Stitt has a great staff, which is my take-away so far.

75, you are correct, but you are hurting the feelings of those posters who think that they are entitled to their own (wrong) opinion and own wrong facts--and that no one is allowed to challenge them. They want a ribbon for their posts and views, even though they talk frequently about how much they hate the everyone gets a ribbon culture.

Without getting into the middle of all this hoo-hah, I just want to point out that by definition opinions are neither right nor wrong. They are opinions, personal beliefs; just don't confuse them with facts.

Well, I would say yes and no. A poster stating that his "opinion" is that the sun rises in the west is not right. An "opinion" that BG was not accurate in his passing against CP is not right. In my view, opinions are sometimes just "views", and views can be right or wrong, or in the middle.

UMGriz75 said:
Nice try. It isn't seeing the "positive aspects in the program" when they have to be fabricated. It isn't enjoying anything, obviously, when the guys that married the coach in the first place take any objective criticism with all the grace and aplomb of the Westboro Baptist Church. You'd think, if they were "enjoying" things so much, they wouldn't spend so much time backpedalling. "Offensive genius?" "Nobody said any SUCH THING!"

Enjoy.

34c.jpeg

Latest posts

Back