• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thanksgiving and Griz tickets!

wbtfg said:
mtgriz said:
'68griz said:
However many of us show up at WaGriz on Saturday, you know it's going to be more than attend any of the other first round games. The NCAA prays every year that the Griz will make the playoffs.

Not only do Griz fans show up in numbers, we also pay the highest playoff ticket prices - $35 this year. Most places charge about half that.

I bet if the NCAA gave UM a waiver that would allow for lower pricing, we could get 20,000 to attend.
I believe the ticket prices are set by the athletic department, & I think the prices are set based on how much the bid is the athletic department puts together. I don't know exactly how it works, but if they don't make their bid number in ticket sales, then I think the athletic department basically goes in the hole for the difference

The NCAA has a rule for the playoffs that the school can't charge less for playoff tickets than the least expensive ticket sold for regular season games. That is why our tickets (and probably MSU's) are perennially the highest playoff ticket prices.

I would rather we have 20,000 fans there paying $25 ($500,000) than 14,000 fans paying $35 ($490,000).

statler & waldorf said:
I know a sure way to pack WGS. Get the snow and ice off the roads. :idea:

Roads in Montana, at least western Montana, are in good shape now. Bad roads cannot be used as an excuse for this game.

Hammer said:
statler & waldorf said:
I know a sure way to pack WGS. Get the snow and ice off the roads. :idea:

Roads in Montana, at least western Montana, are in good shape now. Bad roads cannot be used as an excuse for this game.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Let's get BUTTS IN SEATS!!! Weather is going to be 40 degrees warmer the that CC game a couple of years ago, NO EXCUSES!!

Back