• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The BEST OF JJ!

JJ played exceptionally well in the second half of the season in 2011 and it is sad he got sidetracked for last year. He gave a clinic on how to be a leader and a great FCS QB in the 2011 Brawl. The long td to Jaben on the first offensive play of the second half crushed the spirit of the cats. They had just scored to get back in it only to have the long td pass from Johnson happen on the very next play. I really hope we see JJ back in uniform as number 10 and picking up where he left off.

granitegriz said:
Accuracy is not the only issue Pharmer. He is a leader. Everyone plays better when his is out there. He sees the field. He got everyone lined up right. He learned to throw it out of bounds and live for the next down. He could get the first down when needed by running it. People mention the throwing into the wind at SHSU and claim his arm was weak... this is wrong. All this weight lifting done lately should prove invaluable too.

By no means do I think that is all JJ has to offer!!! Just going back and looking at those highlights, I couldn't believe how perfect those throws were!!! He has so many skills AND so many intangibles. One heck of a football player!

My favorite play by JJ was that TD run he had against Sam Houston State. On the zone read plays he was giving it to the RB's all game and on that one he kept it, parting the seas leaving a wide open lane for him to score.

It is at about the 1:30 mark of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8lagfW-aw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had totally forgot how exciting the sam houston game was. That was a incredible play by jj, thanks for the post

Looking back now, and no smack intended, isn't it funny how a lot of you guys debated whether JJ should keep starting over Kemp and Montana. I mean, really, what was it, just the last game or two before Cat/griz that he started to gel. The ankle? injury hurt his shiftiness prior to that too.

And as far as his patience to throw it away if it wasn't there was deadly in Cat/griz. There were so many times where the throw wasn't there, he had a d-lineman or lb breathy down on him, and he just kind of pranced toward the sideline and threw it away. I think that was the most demoralizing thing of that game. The D could do everything right, but he was just a step to quick to get to. A qb that's half a step slower makes that a completely different game.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
JJ's "tougher than a $ 2.00 steak!" I miss the local announcers. They were much more connected to the game.

Patchin and Grady Bennett made a nice team. Certainly the production credit is better with Root, but I agree I miss the passion and knowledge those two had.

I just cant believe how much JJ improved as the year went on! I just cant hardly think about what would have been, if last year never happened. I hope this team plays with a level of intensity never before seen, as a simble of the teams love and support for JJ. I can hardly wait for some football.

EverettGriz said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
JJ's "tougher than a $ 2.00 steak!" I miss the local announcers. They were much more connected to the game.

Patchin and Grady Bennett made a nice team. Certainly the production credit is better with Root, but I agree I miss the passion and knowledge those two had.

Agreed: Patchin was the best of all the Griz PBP guys and Bennett made for a nice matchup...

Latest posts

Back