• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Big Sky in the FCS Playoffs since 2010

BozAngelesGriz said:
heh, at least we haven't lost a first-round game in a while! since Wofford in 05 i think :thumb:
Coastal Carolina in 2013, when it was real cold and only 14k showed up to Wa-Griz. Delaney flirted with trying to make a post season W.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
1. Since 2011 and moving forward NDSU has been the dominant force that makes everyone else (and all other conferences) look possibly worse than they really are. We're in the midst of the greatest 1-AA/FCS dynasty ever and it's going to have an effect on all other conferences. However one interesting thing is that NDSU themselves had only played a few Big Sky teams over this run. They beat MSU and lost to EWU in 2010. Then the next time they played a Big Sky school was last year when they beat Montana.
Me thinks the next time they played a Big Sky school was the 2015 opener when Montana beat them.

Was referencing playoff games only.

But I keep reading on other topics about how the other teams in the BSC have caught up to us.

I don't think so. We have dropped down to their level-check out where we sit in conference standings.

marceagfan5 said:
The Big Sky has always been a one or two trick pony...its never been a dominant conference. Montana just made it look good for 20 years and EWU has made it look good since 2010...
With Nevada, Idaho, BSU and Montana the BSC was not a one or two trick pony. ISU was not a doormat back then, either. Since '96, yes.

GlacierGrizX said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
heh, at least we haven't lost a first-round game in a while! since Wofford in 05 i think :thumb:
Coastal Carolina in 2013, when it was real cold and only 14k showed up to Wa-Griz. Delaney flirted with trying to make a post season W.

i thought we had a first round bye that year, so technically it was a second-round loss.

BozAngelesGriz said:
GlacierGrizX said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

i thought we had a first round bye that year, so technically it was a second-round loss.

Yep we had a first-round bye in 2013. The last "true" first-round game we lost (When we didn't have byes before the playoff expansion) was in '07 to Wofford.

get'em_griz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
GlacierGrizX said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

Yep we had a first-round bye in 2013. The last "true" first-round game we lost (When we didn't have byes before the playoff expansion) was in '07 to Wofford.

We had a "first round" game in 2014 against San Diego - but obviously that was in the current era of byes, seeding, etc.

behappp said:
But I keep reading on other topics about how the other teams in the BSC have caught up to us.

I don't think so. We have dropped down to their level-check out where we sit in conference standings.
Exactly. We've fallen sooooo far back the last 4 years it's crazy.

First it was the competitive edge and toughness, lost that.....then recruiting went to shit.

The rest of the big sky didn't do anything (excluding EWU they kept doing their thing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWahlberg said:
get'em_griz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
GlacierGrizX said:

We had a "first round" game in 2014 against San Diego - but obviously that was in the current era of byes, seeding, etc.

Yes, but we didn't lose that first-round game. :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
BWahlberg said:
get'em_griz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

Yes, but we didn't lose that first-round game. :thumb:

ahhhh yes, stupid me

Man1 said:
Finally some levity and accuracy about the failures year after year. Until the BSC starts winning playoff games they do not deserve to have more than one team in. This conference doesn't win on the road and we don't win in the playoffs enough to deserve the number of teams admitted each year. The pioneer league could have 4 teams lose like we do each season

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Based on that logic, the vaunted MVFC should never have more than two teams, and usually just one each year as well. :roll: :roll:

Could any of this be due to the fact that a lot of these teams are only in the playoffs every few years. You always hear about how valuable playoff experience is. Most of these teams are not going every year, thus every time they go to the playoffs, its a "new" team of players. If someone had a few years they made them it might tell a different story. But teams, save a few, seem to be up one year, and then down the next.

Back