• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Then there was 2 - QB race to Gus and Chalich?

I thought Gustafson transferred to Rocky!! That seemed the call for many of the know it alls here. Glad to see another Billings West guy getting a chance. Edwards won one and played in two championship games. Selle got us to a semi. Those two the only MT native starting QB's since DD to my knowledge. Why not another? I know many in Billings feel Gustafson is the best of the three.

Pin2Win said:
Grisly Fan said:
In an offense the requires QB mobility and quick, reaction-type throws, it seems counter-intuitive that a 6'7" guy could be the best choice. Either BG is a remarkable athlete -- or just the best of what there is to choose from.
When I read this the first person I thought of was Brock Osweiler. Very tall, but yet still very mobile and known as a guy that can run the ball well.

Gotta say though, as an ASU fan it was painful watching BO run....looked more like a giraffe than a gazelle....

Mousegriz said:
I thought Gustafson transferred to Rocky!! That seemed the call for many of the know it alls here. Glad to see another Billings West guy getting a chance. Edwards won one and played in two championship games. Selle got us to a semi. Those two the only MT native starting QB's since DD to my knowledge. Why not another? I know many in Billings feel Gustafson is the best of the three.

Championship game.

AZGrizFan said:
Pin2Win said:
Grisly Fan said:
In an offense the requires QB mobility and quick, reaction-type throws, it seems counter-intuitive that a 6'7" guy could be the best choice. Either BG is a remarkable athlete -- or just the best of what there is to choose from.
When I read this the first person I thought of was Brock Osweiler. Very tall, but yet still very mobile and known as a guy that can run the ball well.

Gotta say though, as an ASU fan it was painful watching BO run....looked more like a giraffe than a gazelle....

At last scrimmage saw Gus in the pocket and he had his 3 seconds, that was the time it took the neurons to reach his legs to start moving. Painfully slow.

Htowngriz said:
Mousegriz said:

Championship game.

Can't believe I didn't catch that. I was AT that game... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pin2Win said:
Grisly Fan said:

I think people also need to realize this offense isn't based on mobility first but decision making, reading the defense, timing, and precision throwing.

grizcountry420 said:
griz5700 said:
I called it....

1. Gus
2. Chalich

:thumb:

images

So you don't think Gustafson should be playing at an NAIA school anymore? Funny shit..

Who cares about the depth chart....If ya aint got ONE ya got NONE.....and also can someone please post some video of the scrimmage on here for those of us stuck in north dakota

grizcountry420 said:
griz5700 said:
grizcountry420 said:
griz5700 said:
I called it....

1. Gus
2. Chalich

:thumb:

images

So you don't think Gustafson should be playing at an NAIA school anymore? Funny shit..

Its not really funny.. Its March 26th and a long ways until opening day but i guess a guy has to stroke his ego ever once in a while!

:jack:

Haha. It's pretty funny dude. You couldn't have been anymore wrong. But hey, at least you weren't alone.

If I remember correctly, Gus was on the same basketball team as the Robinson kid who plays basketball for MSU. I thought at that time Gus had very good footwork and was everybit the basketball player Robinson was. Thought he had excellent footwork for a 6'7" guy. Could get up and down the court very well.

In the scrum wrap-up referenced here on Facebook, Stitt says he is looking to whittle this list to two, and so far, Brady is the only guy he's referring to by name. The others are situations.

kemajic said:
So why did Chalich get such few reps Thursday?
Sounded like Chalich got as many drives as anyone not named Gustafson.

Stitt mentioning Gus specifically in his scrimmage review would seem like a plus for Gus, though I wonder how the coach weighs Gus having two successful drives out of six, which probably doesn't make Gus a lock.

If you had to keep three quarterbacks, pick a number one and have two qbs still slugging it out for backup after spring, you'd probably be better off to go with Praeter and Simis. Praeter isn't costing you a scholarship, which could be big if you're shopping around for a couple Tyler Lucas transfers.
Of the three potential backups, Chalich is probably least interested in being No. 2.

Our problem such as having to many QBs....reminds me of my income tax problem...SOBs want me to pay more tax...

In the end the Griz have a great problem!

Griz!ron said:
In discussing the prime attributes of a QB we need to remember that Stitt developed this offensive to score despite inferior athletes.

If that is the case, my sister has eligibility left, think she should walk on?

spsyk said:
Griz!ron said:
In discussing the prime attributes of a QB we need to remember that Stitt developed this offensive to score despite inferior athletes.

If that is the case, my sister has eligibility left, think she should walk on?

Must...resist...sister...jokes...

The QB...think of all the real experts in the NFL and BCS who haven't gotten it right. And it was their system they were drafting/recruiting for the position. Maybe at this level the coach is
looking for the best athlete...feet, hands, eyes, 3 step and 5 step rhythm, mobile hips, flexible
shoulders, efficient arm action and release,.....screw the forty and QB yards/carry average. Give me the basketball player everytime.

Back