• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timeline for hiring new coach

Copper Griz said:
Why? Because I am a realist and would rather support the team and watch them improve as the puzzle pieces come together. A fair weather fan is a loser. Loser.
So how did that "watch them improve" desire satisfy as last year evolved? The regression was bad enough to deserve a little criticism (which you refer to as whining).

Criticism is one thing, constant bitching and moaning is another. Yes, last year sucked. No two ways to step around that. I really don't think anyone was pleased with the season. My question - Would any other coach have done better and if they did, how much better? I won't make excuses for the Cat game. Horrible. Stitt did not inherit a program that was healthy. He had some good athletes at skill positions, but the O line was (likely still is) a mess and QB was a huge question mark. I am just sick of the sky is falling and all the fair weather fans. Criticism is fine, but those same people rarely have anything good to say about the team, coaches or future. This year will be a good indicator of progress or lack thereof. The last two recruiting classes have been strong and it sounds like the players attitudes are positive. I am hopeful and one thing is for sure, winning is the only way to stop the bitching!

I would not kid myself into thinking winning will stop the bitching. I remember people bitching even when we were in the Natty every other year. Even calling for the coach to be fired because he could not win the big one. There is a certain personality profile that would bitch about "a free lunch" or "being hung with a new rope". I believe it was Dale Carnegie who said, " There are really only a few assholes in the world. But, they move around good deal."

daGrizJ said:
I would not kid myself into thinking winning will stop the bitching. I remember people bitching even when we were in the Natty every other year. Even calling for the coach to be fired because he could not win the big one. There is a certain personality profile that would bitch about "a free lunch" or "being hung with a new rope". I believe it was Dale Carnegie who said, " There are really only a few assholes in the world. But, they move around good deal."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously we need to hire an OC to help coach Stitt. The head coach needs to oversee the whole team not just the offence...Special teams is every bit as important as offence and defence! We have been mediocre at best since Bobby Houck left! The James Madison head coach, who won the NC last year with superior special teams play and said "If we put the offence, the defence and the special teams all on their own bus the special teams would be on the #1 bus... We were blessed here at Montana to have watched Bobby Houck and Mark Mariani on special teams. I can personally remember half a dozen games where special teams were the biggest factor,in the game !. Ask South Dakota State! Mark Mariani ran the second half kickoff back and Montana came from, way, behind to advance to the NC We lost the title that year but my point is made! Stitt is a very good coach but would serve better if he would oversee the offence, the defence and the special teams!!! We have NC talent this year and it will be a shame if we don't play up to our abilities due to coaching neglect!!!
Go Griz!!!

I know this is not a popular sentiment but I firmly believe one obstacle of this team has been the youth on the coaching staff. I think the assistants will become very good coaches and like this staff however I still think several of them are green. At the end of the day the responsibility falls on Stitt, I just don't think he is as bad as many of you do.

i_the_sky said:
Obviously we need to hire an OC to help coach Stitt. The head coach needs to oversee the whole team not just the offence...Special teams is every bit as important as offence and defence! We have been mediocre at best since Bobby Houck left! The James Madison head coach, who won the NC last year with superior special teams play and said "If we put the offence, the defence and the special teams all on their own bus the special teams would be on the #1 bus... We were blessed here at Montana to have watched Bobby Houck and Mark Mariani on special teams. I can personally remember half a dozen games where special teams were the biggest factor,in the game !. Ask South Dakota State! Mark Mariani ran the second half kickoff back and Montana came from, way, behind to advance to the NC We lost the title that year but my point is made! Stitt is a very good coach but would serve better if he would oversee the offence, the defence and the special teams!!! We have NC talent this year and it will be a shame if we don't play up to our abilities due to coaching neglect!!!
Go Griz!!!

Your point would have more credibility if you knew how to spell, offense, defense, and Hauck.

maroonandsilver said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!!!

Your point would have more credibility if you knew how to spell, offense, defense, and Hauck.

+100 :thumb: although, technically, defence is acceptable spelling if you live in England.

maroonandsilver said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!!!

+1, spellcheck bro

maroonandsilver said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!!!

....and knew a bit more about the SDSU game. Mariani's KO return was with 5 or 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Copper Griz said:
sdk.catfish said:
Copper Griz » Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Or the maternity ward. Big bunch of babies on here anymore. I want to win now and all the time!! Waaa. Waaa. Waaa. Bring back the old days right now. Waa Waa Waa. Somebody shove a damn beer in their mouths. All this whining is nauseating.

I'm curious just when you would like to see the Griz win - 2018/19/20 ????? How long are you willing to wait. Personally I don't think it a bad thing to want to win now and all the time but I guess that is just me. I guess you are perfectly fine with losing. That would make you a loser??????????????

Oh I don't know. I guess I would have liked winning five years ago. Maybe two natties as well. I just don't bitch and whine like a little girl because it has not happened yet. Why? Because I am a realist and would rather support the team and watch them improve as the puzzle pieces come together. A fair weather fan is a loser. Loser.

Copper you're ridiculous buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFallsGriz said:
Copper Griz said:
sdk.catfish said:
Copper Griz » Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Or the maternity ward. Big bunch of babies on here anymore. I want to win now and all the time!! Waaa. Waaa. Waaa. Bring back the old days right now. Waa Waa Waa. Somebody shove a damn beer in their mouths. All this whining is nauseating.

I'm curious just when you would like to see the Griz win - 2018/19/20 ????? How long are you willing to wait. Personally I don't think it a bad thing to want to win now and all the time but I guess that is just me. I guess you are perfectly fine with losing. That would make you a loser??????????????

Oh I don't know. I guess I would have liked winning five years ago. Maybe two natties as well. I just don't bitch and whine like a little girl because it has not happened yet. Why? Because I am a realist and would rather support the team and watch them improve as the puzzle pieces come together. A fair weather fan is a loser. Loser.

Maybe, but we are on egriz here. Who isn't?

Copper Griz said:
CFallsGriz said:
Copper Griz said:
sdk.catfish said:

Fair point! I thought a lot of the "criticism" posted earlier was largely tongue-in-cheek.

CFallsGriz said:
Copper Griz said:
CFallsGriz said:
Copper Griz said:

:thumb:

Fair point! I thought a lot of the "criticism" posted earlier was largely tongue-in-cheek.

AZDoc said:
maroonandsilver said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!!!

+100 :thumb: although, technically, defence is acceptable spelling if you live in England.

Maybe he is Canadian, eh?

griz71 said:
AZDoc said:
maroonandsilver said:
i_the_sky said:
Go Griz!!!

Ah...true! You may be on to something here.
Truth is, we want the Griz to win. I honestly could give a rats behind who the coach is, if the team wins. I also think 5 years is the appropriate time to "get your guys" and win games. I see bright things in the future, maybe this year, perhaps the year after. Special teams needs to be more special. Offense, needs to be more offensive, and defense, more defensive. This isn't a destination job, it's a stepping stone. In reality, FCS coaches almost have to grow on the job, including assistants. Head coaches learn how to be head coaches and how to (hopefully) delegate responsibility. Let's see how this season turns out (8-3) and then determine if the firings need to happen. This is going to be a long 85 days, 20 hrs, 32 min, 34 seconds...

AZDoc said:
griz71 said:
AZDoc said:
maroonandsilver said:

Ah...true! You may be on to something here.
Truth is, we want the Griz to win. I honestly could give a rats behind who the coach is, if the team wins. I also think 5 years is the appropriate time to "get your guys" and win games. I see bright things in the future, maybe this year, perhaps the year after. Special teams needs to be more special. Offense, needs to be more offensive, and defense, more defensive. This isn't a destination job, it's a stepping stone. In reality, FCS coaches almost have to grow on the job, including assistants. Head coaches learn how to be head coaches and how to (hopefully) delegate responsibility. Let's see how this season turns out (8-3) and then determine if the firings need to happen. This is going to be a long 85 days, 20 hrs, 32 min, 34 seconds...

:thumb:

Back