• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Tinkle to Pepperdine

I have a feeling this will be good for the Lady Griz. Look what a coaching staff shakeup did for Football, it did wonders. With 2 spots open, Holsinger has an opportunity to bring in new faces with new ideas/scheme, and a potential pot to new players and recruiting grounds. This is one of the things that I wish Decuire would consider but never would. Cobb has been here since Day 1 and Flores has been around since the early years as well. It'd be kind of nice to see what a staff shakeup could do for them

Just our opinion but he needs a female on staff...most likely 2. Does he try and get Henderson from Nebraska? She has ties to program and from our knowledge was pursued by Holsinger a number of times.

Just our opinion but he needs a female on staff...most likely 2. Does he try and get Henderson from Nebraska? She has ties to program and from our knowledge was pursued by Holsinger a number of times.
UM already has a female on the LG staff in Lindsey Foster.

Jace Henderson has been an assistant at UM before, during the one season under Mike Petrino. The question is how much would it take to nudge her from her current role at Nebraska to come back up to Montana.

Last edited:

Jace Henderson has been an assistant at UM before, during the one season under Mike Petrino. The question is how much would it take to nudge her from her current role at Nebraska to come back up to Montana.
You are correct. Misses Foster. In that case we say female and a minority. But thats just us.

Would Henderson come back? Thats a good question. We were just spit balling with her coming back due to her connection and being a female.

The money is probably going to be an issue. Even if UM would pay more....we would imagine Lincoln is less expensive to live.

Momentarily threw me a curve ball (I know, wrong sport) on this one.

I've been waiting for the hammer to drop on Wayne Tinkle at Oregon State, and I thought this was it (although it did sound strange). His last four years since the Beavs went deep into the Big Dance have been crap (badly losing records every year). Turns out, however, he has the support of the admin over there, who buy into the notion that they have a lot of young talent who just need to mature. That is surely also influenced by the huge buyout they'd owe Tinkle if they fired him. Anyway, they claim to be making a concerted effort to pump up the NIL take to help keep some of their best.

Jocelyn is a big loss, her MT connections are very helpful in recruiting. Agree her replacement should be a female but to me even more important is someone with current MT high school connections. We need someone who can keep these talented high school girls from going to the hated Cats or out of state. There is something wrong in the in-state recruiting process. I guess one could say that even Jocelyn was not very successful in keeping MT players home or at least at UM

Might be too painful for Henderson to come back. I imagine probably a lot of memories here for her.

Jocelyn is a big loss, her MT connections are very helpful in recruiting. Agree her replacement should be a female but to me even more important is someone with current MT high school connections. We need someone who can keep these talented high school girls from going to the hated Cats or out of state. There is something wrong in the in-state recruiting process. I guess one could say that even Jocelyn was not very successful in keeping MT players home or at least at UM
Another possible coach however not female with deep MT roots and who is currently looking for a new landing spot is L. Wooley

Another possible coach however not female with deep MT roots and who is currently looking for a new landing spot is Lindsay Wooley.
Good point. He's a Missoula native (went to Big Sky HS) and coached at UM-Western (led them to the NAIA title in 2019). That's a name I haven't thought much about since Utah State cleaned house after their season ended (noting by former HC Kayla Ard's post-game presser, if anyone hasn't seen it yet).

I guess I should have kept what Henderson dealt with a few years ago in mind, since her name pops up here whenever the Lady Griz have an assistant coaching vacancy. We were all heartbroken for her when that happened and as MissoulaMarinersFan said, the memories could be something to consider if UM were to contact her.

Not surprised Tinkle left, a high caliber player with lots of pedigree has a lot to offer any team. Not sure what the impact will be on the LG players, I only pick up that would be in recruiting. Interesting the Missoulian interview, she gave praise and recognition to her dad and Tara, I didn't see anything about the LG coaching staff.

Back