• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tired of Bobcat Batter?

I don't like either one. They're both chick beers as far as I'm concerned. Cats too much like an IPA and Griz inconsistent--every one I've had is not like the one before...

For all the beer drinkers on here. If you think the Griz beer is hoppy, you have not tried the Bobcat beer. The Bobcat beer is so close to an IPA, I tried a sample today at the Front Brewery in Great falls. I couldn't drink the sample. It is too much like a weak IPA. Griz fans, you got to try it and judge for yourself...

It was many months ago now that I happened to score a half-rack of GRIZ beer in our extreme corner of absolute "nowhere"... I will admit, that if they had just held back on the hops a bit, they would have a damn fine drinking beer. I don't know if they are consistent in taste from batch to batch, but what I consumed that day was a great tasting beer regardless of the somewhat overpowering hops. I dont see how a real beer drinker, except drinkers of nasty commercial beers, don't think that GRIZ beer isn't too bad??? Maybe I got a lucky batch that day, but I say again, if they knocked back the strong hops a good bit, I'd make it a top beer for my pallet. I keep searching for more of it over here in the Sask/ND borderland, but to no avail, is this seasonal? or did our one carrier drop it???

It was many months ago now that I happened to score a half-rack of GRIZ beer in our extreme corner of absolute "nowhere"... I will admit, that if they had just held back on the hops a bit, they would have a damn fine drinking beer. I don't know if they are consistent in taste from batch to batch, but what I consumed that day was a great tasting beer regardless of the somewhat overpowering hops. I dont see how a real beer drinker, except drinkers of nasty commercial beers, don't think that GRIZ beer isn't too bad??? Maybe I got a lucky batch that day, but I say again, if they knocked back the strong hops a good bit, I'd make it a top beer for my pallet. I keep searching for more of it over here in the Sask/ND borderland, but to no avail, is this seasonal? or did our one carrier drop it???

MTplainsman said:
It's still on the shelf in Billings. Don't know how long they are planning to keep distributing it. It's an okay lager as far as my tastes go. Good as a red beer with Clamato or bloody mary mix.

When the Griz beer came out the article said it would be available through the spring.

mtgriz said:
When the Griz beer came out the article said it would be available through the spring.

Hope they make some more for football season! It's a great tailgating beer!

Back