• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UC Catch Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch or no catch, it was very close. The officials did what they are supposed to do; they made the call they believed to be right. Move on. Nothing more to see here.

Clearly, if you're a fan, I mean a true, died in the wool, maroon and (whatever the other color is), card carrying, season ticketed, won't miss a game for ANY reason, kind of fan...EVEN IF he controlled the ball, got both feet in, had the Ref call it a TD... IT WAS NOT A TD!!! EVER!!! For any reason!!! PERIOD!!!

NEXT!

We can't get replay soon enough. Way too many shitty calls to bitch about. That will make the big sky refs seem average at least.

Please no replay ever with BSC refs! Day games will end well into the night and night games will end after the bars close because of all the delays to review the plays that are caused by poor officiating.

BWahlberg said:
Looked like he bobbled it on Griz vision. Watched it on TV back at my folks house, the TV had a much better angle, caught, both feet, ball looks secure the whole way, touchdown.

I've never called you out on anything. But the bold part is complete bullshit.

He may or may not have had the ball secure when he went out. I'm not arguing that anymore.
But you know there was a bobble.

Big G said:
I have been a fan of Montana since I got my dergree there in the early 60s. A fan since before you were born fella. Son played there and 3 relatives you are barking up the wrong tree trying to be a troll and label me.

None of this is true. Love "dergree," though.

DuCharme said:
He may or may not have had the ball secure when he went out.
Doesn't matter. This is not the nfl where a receiver has to control the ball all the way thru the catching motion and to the ground. If he had possession and one foot down, at that instant, it is a td. After that, on his way out of bounds, he could have punted it into the north end zone and it would not have mattered

garizzalies said:
DuCharme said:
Doesn't matter. This is not the nfl where a receiver has to control the ball all the way thru the catching motion and to the ground. If he had possession and one foot down, at that instant, it is a td. After that, on his way out of bounds, he could have punted it into the north end zone and it would not have mattered

That quote was followed by the statement that I'm not arguing that point. :?:

Gun to my head, I believe he was bobbling while his feet were in and didn't have possession until he was OB.

But I don't see even with replay how they could not call it a TD.

DuCharme said:
garizzalies said:
DuCharme said:
What other point matters in this thread?

garizzalies said:
DuCharme said:
garizzalies said:
DuCharme said:
What other point matters in this thread?

None. But, because I've decided to go the route of 'agree to disagree', doesn't mean I shouldn't comment at all if I want to.

'Stay on point'... on egriz? :thumb:

Haven't seen it in slooooowwww motion on TV, yet in the stands on the Griz vision screen it certainly looked like he was still fighting to control the ball as he went out of bounds.

None the less, Cal Davis QB and receivers did hook up for some very nice pass plays. Thankfully JJ and Jones & crew did too. In all a beautiful day, interesting game, and another step forward.

This illustrates why instant replay is a bad idea, some people can watch a guy catch a football and think he is bobbling it. Let the refs ref and deal with it. Human error is part of the game and that should not be injected into instant replay.Bad calls in Plentywood awhile back but we folk deal with it and move on.

Big G said:
I have been a fan of Montana since I got my dergree there in the early 60s. A fan since before you were born fella. Son played there and 3 relatives you are barking up the wrong tree trying to be a troll and label me.

You are 51 years old, but got your degree in the early 1960s?? I know it's tough to keep you lies straight, but that would put you in your 70s, genius.

...and know it's not just "relatives" that played, but your son??

You are a lying little punk. Time for another new screen name, fuckstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back