• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND 2017 season

nodak651 said:
Griz til I die said:
IMHO UND is the most overrated team in the big sky. They played no one good in the big sky last year and that's why they won it.

North Dakota beat the top 5 teams in the conference behind UND/EWU. There was literally one good team that we didn't play.

If you don't play UM or EWU, your schedule should have an asterik by it according to the OP's logic.

I would be surprised to see Missouri State beat North Dakota next year...they're real bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VimSince03 said:
nodak651 said:
Griz til I die said:
IMHO UND is the most overrated team in the big sky. They played no one good in the big sky last year and that's why they won it.

North Dakota beat the top 5 teams in the conference behind UND/EWU. There was literally one good team that we didn't play.

If you don't play UM or EWU, it could only be the big sky conference.

FIFY

Griz til I die said:
VimSince03 said:
I guess we can say they are overrated all we want but they return a ton of talent and this is Bubba's program now. Everyone is bought into his style and he's running a pretty good program right now. UND is believing they are the favorite this year as they should. And their QB isn't no slouch either. Their defense should be the best in the Big Sky too with what they have coming back.
Their defense was terrible last season. I can't imagine their just gonna magically turn it around in one season.

This is such a bananas statement.

Oredigger said:
HookedonGriz said:
Oredigger said:
Yeah, imagine that. I'm sure he's a stud, but he couldn't even get on ST last fall, and he's not a smaller back. Maybe you don't know who Santiago is, had a pretty good freshman season when he was healthy. And, was still good last year banged up. Kentucky transfer at QB didn't even beat out BG, should always take that with a grain of salt until you see them where they go to. But, if you wanna base it off of a spring game, go right ahead. That does make a lot of sense, spring games are so accurate. Either way, I think he'll do well there. But my money isn't on him winning the job over the best back in the BS.

In other words, you saying oops I was wrong (as usual) is too hard for you. Try it sometime. It's okay to be wrong. Why would I trust anything you think when you've never seen him play (I have) and when you make blatant claims the he was a walk on (when he wasn't).

That's good for you that you're that in the know about a kid who didn't make a dent in his two years for the Gophers, :clap: . I have not watched him, but I have watched Santiago, apparently you haven't. They probably can move him around with their depth now, but that kid has been special in his two years, he's their guy. Johannesson hasn't been special since HS. Not necessarily his fault, BCS teams miss on kids. Transfers aren't guaranteed anything just because they were good in HS, and in one spring game. Again, I'm sure he'll bring the Hawks something, though I don't know about "literally having a 3 headed dragon." That literally makes no literal sense, unless you're unaware what literally means. I will say the rankings defensively can be misleading. Look at where the Griz were last year on O and D. But UND should be at least 7-4. That QB is good, needs to stay healthy.

Far be it from me to step into the middle of this pissing contest, and I have no idea whether this guy is gonna be better than Santiago (Christ, I hope not) or not, but its guys like Johannesson that I wonder about. WHY can't the Griz seem to land somebody like that? Why does every back have to be 5'6"-5'8", or when they ARE over 6', they're skinny....

LuEPY.gif

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'm gonna say it right here: UND loses 4 games this season, including 3 conference games.
:clap: finally. Thank you. Somebody who finally realizes UND is overrated.

To be fair, the OP predicted 4 losses as well...only 2 conference losses tho.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'm gonna say it right here: UND loses 4 games this season, including 3 conference games.
:clap: finally. Thank you. Somebody who finally realizes UND is overrated.

To be fair, the OP predicted 4 losses as well...only 2 conference losses tho.
What's the OP?

Oppressed Penis.

I think he means Ursa.

Griz til I die said:
Well I'm going camping this weekend and won't have any service so I'll post this tonight. IMHO UND is the most overrated team in the big sky. They played no one good in the big sky last year and that's why they won it. There two regular season losses last year were against Stony Brook (didn't make the playoffs) and Bowling Green (didn't make a bowl game), and they proved they weren't that good when they got bounced in the second round of the playoffs to Richmond who got demolished by Eastern in their next game. That being said though, UND returns almost their entire offense including all American running backs John Santiago and Brady Olivera, but they'll have a completely new look on defense after graduating a lot of guys and I've never really thought their defense is much.
@ Utah- L
VS. Missouri State- L
@ South Dakota- W
VS. MSU- W
@ UC Davis- W
VS. N. Colorado- W
@ Montana- L
VS. Sacramento State- W
@ Portland State- W
@ S. Utah- W
VS. Eastern- L
My prediction: 7-4. UND squeaks into the playoffs and gets bounced in the first round of the playoffs. That's my prediction. What do you guys think?

I think I'll give them their home opener against Missouri State as a win. They'll make the playoffs at 8-3 though

Johannassen is the real deal and he will get the ball a ton this year if their coaching staff has any brains at all. The kid is a solid 230+ and is fast....He's better than Santiago hands down. Santiago is more of a scat back type, James J is the total package. I wish he would have become a Bison and he would have been if the Gophers didn't offer the full ride, so have fun dealing with him this year, he is a load. Barring injury this kid is gonna explode on the BSC, as long as UND is smart enough to feed him the rock.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Griz til I die said:
Well I'm going camping this weekend and won't have any service so I'll post this tonight. IMHO UND is the most overrated team in the big sky. They played no one good in the big sky last year and that's why they won it. There two regular season losses last year were against Stony Brook (didn't make the playoffs) and Bowling Green (didn't make a bowl game), and they proved they weren't that good when they got bounced in the second round of the playoffs to Richmond who got demolished by Eastern in their next game. That being said though, UND returns almost their entire offense including all American running backs John Santiago and Brady Olivera, but they'll have a completely new look on defense after graduating a lot of guys and I've never really thought their defense is much.
@ Utah- L
VS. Missouri State- L
@ South Dakota- W
VS. MSU- W
@ UC Davis- W
VS. N. Colorado- W
@ Montana- L
VS. Sacramento State- W
@ Portland State- W
@ S. Utah- W
VS. Eastern- L
My prediction: 7-4. UND squeaks into the playoffs and gets bounced in the first round of the playoffs. That's my prediction. What do you guys think?

I think I'll give them their home opener against Missouri State as a win. They'll make the playoffs at 8-3 though

Yeah they will beat Missouri State at home, but that South Dakota match away will be a tough non-conference game for them. S. Dakota is improving.

@ Utah- L
VS. Missouri State- W
@ South Dakota- L
VS. MSU- W
@ UC Davis- W
VS. N. Colorado- W
@ Montana- L (50/50)
VS. Sacramento State- W
@ Portland State- W
@ S. Utah- W
VS. Eastern- L

7-4 or 8-3 making the playoffs.

AZGrizFan said:
Oredigger said:
HookedonGriz said:
Oredigger said:
Yeah, imagine that. I'm sure he's a stud, but he couldn't even get on ST last fall, and he's not a smaller back. Maybe you don't know who Santiago is, had a pretty good freshman season when he was healthy. And, was still good last year banged up. Kentucky transfer at QB didn't even beat out BG, should always take that with a grain of salt until you see them where they go to. But, if you wanna base it off of a spring game, go right ahead. That does make a lot of sense, spring games are so accurate. Either way, I think he'll do well there. But my money isn't on him winning the job over the best back in the BS.

In other words, you saying oops I was wrong (as usual) is too hard for you. Try it sometime. It's okay to be wrong. Why would I trust anything you think when you've never seen him play (I have) and when you make blatant claims the he was a walk on (when he wasn't).

That's good for you that you're that in the know about a kid who didn't make a dent in his two years for the Gophers, :clap: . I have not watched him, but I have watched Santiago, apparently you haven't. They probably can move him around with their depth now, but that kid has been special in his two years, he's their guy. Johannesson hasn't been special since HS. Not necessarily his fault, BCS teams miss on kids. Transfers aren't guaranteed anything just because they were good in HS, and in one spring game. Again, I'm sure he'll bring the Hawks something, though I don't know about "literally having a 3 headed dragon." That literally makes no literal sense, unless you're unaware what literally means. I will say the rankings defensively can be misleading. Look at where the Griz were last year on O and D. But UND should be at least 7-4. That QB is good, needs to stay healthy.

Far be it from me to step into the middle of this pissing contest, and I have no idea whether this guy is gonna be better than Santiago (Christ, I hope not) or not, but its guys like Johannesson that I wonder about. WHY can't the Griz seem to land somebody like that? Why does every back have to be 5'6"-5'8", or when they ARE over 6', they're skinny....

Because the Griz not longer elect to be a physical football team.

I look at that schedule and say 8-3 as well. I think they are a 9-2 club, but they will lose to someone they shouldn't. They will win 2 games in the playoffs. That huge back will be good early, but have a nagging injury that limits his carries. The QB is solid and will win a game late with a great drive. Santiago will be an excellent all around weapon for them and make 1st team all BSC. They will make NoDak proud, but still be little brother (although lead the overall series 62-46-3) and bow out to the Bizon in the playoffs.
Pretty sure that's exactly what will happen this year. I will also win the Powerball tonight...

Back