• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND Injuries

I get they're banged up big time, but something I heard long ago sticks with me to this day - beware the wounded animal featuring two spectacular running backs & playing at home. They aren't looking to forfeit. And this state Ag we're talking about - isn't it?

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
UND injuries:

MLB Conner O'Brien retired before the season because of head injuries. He started all 12 games last season at inside linebacker and served as one of UND's captains.

DB 19 Deion Harris (out for the season, torn achilles, All-American)

LB 44 Donnell Rodgers (out for the season, starting inside linebacker, broken leg)

OL 65 Demon Taylor (out indefinitely with wha appeared to be a serious knee injury during the South Dakota game. He is, in my opinion, the best offensive guard in the Big Sky)

LB 45 Cam Hunt (out indefinitely, not sure the injury but was starting inside linebacker next to Rodgers).

FB 42 Kyle Norberg (out indefinitely, not sure the injury, a key to UND's running game)

DB 29 Andre Randolph (out for the season, expected to back up sophomore Torrey Hunt at CB)

WR 23 Josh Seibel (out indefinitely, veteran wide receiver)

WR 20 Easton Erbes (out indefinitely, was going to struggle to get into the rotation)

DB 6 Evan Holm (questionable, Harris' replacement. If he can't go — and Grand Forks Herald beat writer Tom Miller told me on our podcast this morning that it's looking less likely — UND will go with true freshman Hayden Blubaugh)

OL 72 Mat Cox (questionable, two-year starter at right tackle, has underperformed according to Miller because of injuries)

OL 78 A.J. Stockwell (questionable, three-year starter at left tackle, like Cox has left something to be desired because of injuries)

WR 81 Luke Stanley (questionable)

UND is starting 6-1, 205-pound senior OLB Jake Disterhaupt and redshirt freshman walk-on Jake Rastas (6-2, 200 pounds) at inside linebacker. At best, those are UND's 5th and sixth-best options at ILB in their 3-4 defense. Their stud true freshman who was expected to play and provide relief for Rodgers, is out indefinitely as well.

The safety spot next to Big Sky Defensive MVP Cole Reyes has been a rotating door as well, which has hurt UND. The interior offensive line has not performed well either as UND has struggled to run the ball, which is their sole identity on offense.

All that plus the fact that UND's blitzing scheme has always struggled containing mobile quarterbacks if the QBs can get out on the edge and the matchup seems to favor Montana State.

Wait a minute !! I thought the 3 headed monster running back for the Fawkers was Santiago, Olivera , and Johannsen...... with Norberg a distance 4th.

Lakerhater said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
UND injuries:

MLB Conner O'Brien retired before the season because of head injuries. He started all 12 games last season at inside linebacker and served as one of UND's captains.

LB 44 Donnell Rodgers (out for the season, starting inside linebacker, broken leg)

OL 65 Demon Taylor (out indefinitely with wha appeared to be a serious knee injury during the South Dakota game. He is, in my opinion, the best offensive guard in the Big Sky)

LB 45 Cam Hunt (out indefinitely, not sure the injury but was starting inside linebacker next to Rodgers).

FB 42 Kyle Norberg (out indefinitely, not sure the injury, a key to UND's running game)

DB 29 Andre Randolph (out for the season, expected to back up sophomore Torrey Hunt at CB)

WR 20 Easton Erbes (out indefinitely, was going to struggle to get into the rotation)

DB 6 Evan Holm (questionable, Harris' replacement. If he can't go — and Grand Forks Herald beat writer Tom Miller told me on our podcast this morning that it's looking less likely — UND will go with true freshman Hayden Blubaugh)

OL 72 Mat Cox (questionable, two-year starter at right tackle, has underperformed according to Miller because of injuries)

OL 78 A.J. Stockwell (questionable, three-year starter at left tackle, like Cox has left something to be desired because of injuries)

UND is starting 6-1, 205-pound senior OLB Jake Disterhaupt and redshirt freshman walk-on Jake Rastas (6-2, 200 pounds) at inside linebacker. At best, those are UND's 5th and sixth-best options at ILB in their 3-4 defense. Their stud true freshman who was expected to play and provide relief for Rodgers, is out indefinitely as well.

The safety spot next to Big Sky Defensive MVP Cole Reyes has been a rotating door as well, which has hurt UND. The interior offensive line has not performed well either as UND has struggled to run the ball, which is their sole identity on offense.

All that plus the fact that UND's blitzing scheme has always struggled containing mobile quarterbacks if the QBs can get out on the edge and the matchup seems to favor Montana State.

Wait a minute !! I thought the 3 headed monster running back for the Fawkers was Santiago, Olivera , and Johannsen...... with Norberg a distance 4th.

what kind of embarrassment will it be if the Jen Chaote kittens lose?

Lakerhater said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
UND injuries:

That is correct. Norberg just plays a key roll in their 12 and 22 packages (two-back sets). He also has played a fair amount of middle linebacker earlier in his career and, given UND's current situation, might even be able to help out that desperate situation if he were healthy.

Before the season and injuries I would have picked UND by 14 at home against the cats.
Now I don't see how the cats don't win this one. With all the injuries and the whooping UND just took,
cats better win this one!

BWahlberg said:
MSU is going to roll UND
Do you really think so? I just don't see the cats winning this game on the road. Frankly I think we lose to UND as well. They are beat up but they are a way better team than they showed last week against USD.

USD defense played a nine-in-the-box game with the hawks. Look for the Kitties to do the same. Take the running game away and make Studsrud win it with his arm. After watching the game, I concluded that the hawks' wrs and the qb were not on the same page.......not yet anyway. Also, the linebackers are light weight ...... 195, 200, and 210. Watch the cats' OL fat boys dominate in the second half,

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
UND injuries:

Pretty one side post there Colter although you don't post with your skyline handle over here. Smart move. Let me help you out with some balance to your massive frizz bias.

Along with a prediction of a UND victory, you also noted a rather long list of injuries plaguing the UND team since last winter.  The clear implication of the comment was that the Cats would be unable to defeat a severely disabled UND  team. 

In reality, almost all teams must play through the injuries, and the Cats have been no exception.  Missing from the Cats lineup for the UND game were LB’s Hill, McCarthy, Hadley and Chapman.  That is linebackers #2, #3, #4 and #5.  Gregorak is holding that crew together with bailing wire, and contrary to what is posted over here, Gregorak is an incredible coach. He could probably make CDA into a solid contributor at LB. Lost from the secondary is starting CB Naijiel Hale, who started the last two games of 2016 and looked very sharp against your Griz (yes, I’m quite aware of his subsequent off-field issues and I'm glad he's gone. Doesn't change the fact be played on an island last year in Missoula and shut down half the field.).  I’m not counting the loss of part time starters CB Travon Strong (doing well at Utah) CB Chris Harris and S Sidney Holmes, because those guys quit. (Note that we started a true freshman CB for the UND game.) From the defensive line, the Cats lost multi-year contributor and sometimes starter DE Shiloh LaBoy due to a back injury.  He would have been starting at the Buck position during the UND game when Collins switched to MLB.

On offense, Cats played without starting RB Nick LaSane, starting G Monte Folsom (back injury and a huge loss) and starting WR John D’Agostino. Cats also lost multi-year contributor WR Jayshawn Gates due to grades.

At the end of the day, both teams were banged up/short handed. Colter the "reporter" failed to point this out, Colter the Griz fan didn’t want to point this out.

The team that played more physical and owned both lines of scrimmages won going away yesterday. That is and will continue to be the X factor for the Cats. They will be tougher and more physical than any team they play from here on out. And your frizz? That's not what I saw and don't expect to see it either.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back